Chapter 25

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

They are now on their way to the airport as today is the day that Chaeyoung had to leave. Mina insisted to drive her wife to the airport even though Chaeyoung already suggested to just ride in with Somi and Yeri. She just wants to spend all the time they have left before she leaves. One month isn't a joke for Mina. 

 

When they arrived, Somi and Yeri is already there, and Saeron too. Yeri asked her to tag along again. Mina clung onto Chaeyoung's arms as they walked towards them. 

 

"Hey Chaeng!" Yeri shouted as she was the first one to saw them. It made Saeron and Somi also look at them. "Hi, Mina. How are you?" 

 

"Good, Yeri. Thank you for asking" Mina smiled at her. 

 

Mina looked at Saeron and she's also smiling at her. But when she looked at Somi, she's already lowering her head while busying herself on her phone. 

 

"Your passports are with you, right?" Chaeyoung asked and Yeri raised two passports. "Hey, Jeon Somi!" 

 

Somi raised her head to look at Chaeyoung. "Yeah?" 

 

"Your passport?" Somi then fumbled on her bag and showed her passport. Chaeyoung nodded at them, feeling relieve that everything is settled. 

 

"I think you'll boarding soon" Mina said quietly beside Chaeyoung. They're sitting down at the waiting are, the other three in front of them. 

 

Chaeyoung intertwined their hands and kissed it. "You can still change your mind, babe.. I could still back out you know" 

 

Mina laughed but deep inside her, she almkst considered that thought. Can I really not let her go? She was about to say something but Somi interrupted her. 

 

"Chaeng~" Somi craned her neck so she could look at Chaeyoung at the back. "Uh.. did you bring a neck pillow?" 

 

Mina was just watching them. Chaeyoung pointed at her neck pillow. "Yeah, it's here. Why?" 

 

"Nice! I'll borrow it later" Somi smiled at her and quickly turned around again. Mina rolled her eyes mentally. 

 

The time of boarding came and they're now all walking to the gate. Mina couldn't stop but to grip Chaeyoung's hand more tighter.

 

"Are you really sure that I should go? Baby you can still change your mind" Chaeyoung said as she caressed Mina's face.

 

Mina shook her head and smiled. "Stop persuading me I might give in. Go on, they're waiting for you"

 

"Take care of yourself, okay?" Chaeyoung kissed her forehead. "I'll see you soon.. I love you, my princess"

 

"I love you too, Chaeng.. please come back quickly" Mina gave her a peck on the lips.

 

"Chaeng! Let's go!" Somi shouted and Mina watched as Chaeyoung walked away towards the plane.

 

A week had gone by very fast, and Mina kept herself busy with work. She's also spending a lot of time with her mom and sister. It's true that the first week isn't that hard as she expected, Chaeyoung and her would call each other every night or if Chaeyoung has a free time. They'll always update each other.

 

When the second week of Chaeyoung being not by her side came, Mina is already starting to feel lonely. She misses her wife, she's not used to not seeing her this long. Mornings and nights are so different without Mina waking up and sleeping next to Chaeyoung.

 

But Chaeyoung always do her best to make it up for Mina even though she knows her wife is tired everyday. She won't fail to call or text her. Asking if she's okay, telling her daily "I love you's" and Mina just felt a little happy just knowing that she's not the only one who's missing Chaeyoung.. her wife misses her too.

 

It's the second day of the third week, Mina was bothered the whole day because only a single "good morning" is what she received from Chaeyoung. She shrugged it off and continued working, thinking that Chaeyoung might be super busy the whole day.

 

Evening came and there's still no single text or call from her wife. Mina was a bit hesitant to call her because she doesn't want to disturb in case she's still working but her worries are taking over her. In the end, she didn't call. 

 

Mina dialed Chaeyoung's number quickly the next day when it's already afternoon and there's still no message or call from her. It rang for so many times and no one is picking up. After how many tries, it's finally answered.

 

"Babe? Hey.. I just want to check on you. Are you okay? Or still busy?"

 

Chaeyoung took a whole minute before she could answer. Before Mina could finally hear her voice again.

 

"Uh, yeah.. Mina I'm tired can we just talk tomorrow?"

 

Mina creased her forehead, not wanting to think of anything. No, I should just understand her. "Oh. Okay.. rest well then. Goodnight, I love you"

 

"Yeah.. love you too"

 

That night she couldn't sleep, everything that happened just bothered her. And it's not the first and last.. the whole week was like that.

 

Mina's starting to overthink, she doesn't know what's happening with Chaeyoung. It's like they are fine but at the same time, they're not. There's still I love you's and I miss you, but it hits different now.

 

Because Chaeyoung would just say it back if Mina would be the first one to say it.

 

Fourth and last week came, finally, Chaeyoung is going to come home. Mina just need to endure this last week and try to understand her more. And when her wife is back, everything will be back to normal.

 

A knock was heard by her door as Mina is cleaning her room. She opened it and there's her mom, standing outside.

 

"Mom, come in.." and Taeyeon walked inside and sat on Mina's bed.

 

"Mina, you're free this night, right?"

 

"Yes, mom.. why is it?" Mina leaned on her vanity table and crossed her arms.

 

"Well, you know.. I need to attend a business party tonight. At first, I'm really planning to bring you and your sister but she refused because of the kids. So.."

 

Mina knew where the conversation is going. She hated going with her mom on business parties like this. She hates big crowds and she on getting along with strangers.

 

"Should I accompany you, mom?" She still asked politely. Mina knew she could never say no.

 

"If that's okay with you" Taeyeon timidly smiled.

 

"Sure, mom.. I can't let you go alone"

 

Taeyeon happily stood up and clapped her hands. "Great! Don't worry I already have your dress. Just get ready before 7pm, okay?"

 

Mina sighed as she lay down on her bed. Holding her phone that's rested on her chest. She's staring at her ceiling, waiting for her phone to ring which have been silent for two weeks now. Mina called Chaeyoung so that she could tell about the event she's going tonight but it just kept on ringing. Mina gave up and just quickly typed a message.

 

'Baby, I'm going to a business party tonight with Mom. Call me when you can. Don't work too much. I love you'

 

It's nearing seven in the evening, Mina already wore the black dress her mom gave her. She just finishing her make up and waiting for her mom. Mina would glance at her phone from time to time but still, there's no anything from Chaeyoung.

 

They arrived at the venue of the party before eight, there's already a lot of people. Businessmen on their suits together with their wife's, each wearing elegant dresses and jewelries. The moment they entered and passed by some people at the tables, Taeyeon is already busy greeting them. She would also introduce Mina to them.

 

It's getting exhausting for Mina, there's just a lot of crowds. She started to roam her eyes around to find a safe spot. Mina saw a vacant table near where glasses of wines are, so she quickly decided to escape.

 

"Mom, I'll just get some wine"

 

Taeyeon turned to her and nodded. "Alright, that's better.. so you won't get bored"

 

Mina made her way through the crowd until she reached her destination. She get a glass of wine and sat on the vacant chair. Mina was peacefully drinking her wine while watching her surroundings when she's suddenly approached by someone.

 

"So you're really here, Mina"

 

"Jackson?!" Mina widened her eyes when she turned around to look who it is. "What are you doing here? I mean... I thought you're in US"

 

Jackson chuckled and sat in front of her. "Well, yes.. I just got back in Korea two days ago because I was also invited to this party.

 

"Oh.." Mina nodded and sipped on her wine. Jackson was just staring at her so Mina raised her brow at him and smiled. "Don't look at me like that. You're creeping me out"

 

"I'm sorry!" Jackson laughed and scratched his nape. "It's just that.. uh.. I can't help but to stare, you're still so beautiful. No, you even got more beautiful"

 

It was Mina's turn to laugh at him, shaking her head. "You're still the same old Jackson. Stop complimenting me"

 

"It's true! You know I'll never lie to you" Jackson then got serious. Hesitating to ask but still, he wants to know. "Mina.. how are you doing?"

 

Mina went silent and sighed. "Still trying to get better everyday, I guess.."

 

Jackson held her hand that's sitting above the table. Mina looked at it and back to Jackson, she's about to remove it but Jackson held it tightly. "You can do it, Mina.. I know you're strong. If you need someone, I'm just here.."

 

They stared into each other's eyes and Mina doesn't know what to feel. All she knows is this is wrong and she needs to remove that hand away. Luckily, Taeyeon came on the most perfect time and interrupted them.

 

Taeyeon coughed playfully to get their attention. "Well I guess you gusy are having a serious conversation" Taeyeon smiled. "I was about to tell you Mina that Jackson is here but he already find you that quick"

 

"Oh, Aunt Taeyeon, Mina isn't hard to find even with these big crowds.." Jackson turned to her and smiled. "She's stunning.. she's standing out"

 

Taeyeon chuckled and put her arms around Mina. "Well that's true, my daughter here is really beautiful.. but I'd like to apologize because we need to go home now, Jackson. I'm not feeling well"

 

"That's okay, Aunt Taeyeon. Should I drive you home?"

 

"That's so gentleman of you but we have our car" Taeyeon tapped him on the back and Mina also already stood up, ready to go. "Hope you'll two will find some time to meet again"

 

"Jackson, we're leaving. It's nice to see you again"

 

"No, Mina.. it's my pleasure to see you again tonight"

 

Mina quickly took a shower when they got home and get ready to bed. When she opened her phone, there's a missed call from Chaeyoung. . She redialed it again but again, it was never picked up.

 

The day of Chaeyoung coming back came, Mina woke up in a good mood. Feeling all giddy and nervous, it's just mixed emotions. She's really planning to pick Chaeyoung up at the airport but her wife said that she should just wait at their home. Their flight got delayed so they'll arrive late at night.

 

Mina is waiting at their living room, checking the clock from time to time. Chaeyoung will be here soon. An hour of waiting and the door finally opened. Mina hurriedly ran towards Chaeyoung and hugged her so tight. She almost startled Chaeyoung and it took a lot of time before Mina was hugged back.

 

"Baby, I missed you so much" Mina said in between those hugs. She faced Chaeyoung and kissed her but even before the kiss was deepen, Chaeyoung stopped it.

 

"I'll change first" and quickly entered their room.

 

Mina was hurt, she would admit it but she doesn't want to start a fight now. She waited patiently on their bed, trying to shrugged off bad thoughts.

 

That night, they shared a loving moment. Mina was sure that Chaeyoung also missed her with the way she touches her and kisses her. But something is really different with those kisses.. and Mina can't figure out what it is.

 

Mina laid dow on their bed, tired and exhausted, with blanket covering her body. But Chaeyoung wears again all her clothes and sat on the edge of the bed. Mina is watching her in confusion.. until Chaeyoung spoke up.

 

"I have to tell you something"

 

Mina slowly sat up and furrowed her brows. "What is it? You're making me nervous, Chaeyoung"

 

"Mina, I messed up..." Chaeyoung is now resting her face on her palm. Frustration is evident on her voice. "I messed up so bad"

 

Mina let out a nervous laugh and approached Chaeyoung, making her face her. "What are you talking about? What did yoi messed up? Is it your work?"

 

Chaeyoung stared at her eyes and Mina couldn't figure out what those eyes are showing her. There's guilt, sadness and frustration in it.

 

"I... I cheated on you, Mina. Something happened with me and Somi. I didn't mean it.. I just realized... I also love her"

 

Mina couldn't process what she's hearing right now. If this is just a dream, she wants to wake up now. But... it's not. It's all real.

 

"I'm sorry.."

 

Mina slapped Chaeyoung. Loud and hard. She couldn't even feel the stinging pain on her palm, she'd gone numb.

 

"Why... tell me you're joking, Chaeyoung! Tell me!" Mina is already crying so hard. Her heart is aching, it's like its being ripped apart from her chest. 

 

"I'm sorry, Mina.." 

 

Mina held Chaeyoung's hand, begging her. Tears won't stop falling from her. "Baby, please, don't do this to me. Chaeyoung I am the one who you love. Not her, not Somi.. please baby" 

 

But Chaeyoung ignored her. 

 

"Let's break up" Chaeyoung stood up and removed Mina's hand.

 

"I want to file for a divorce, Mina"