Chapter 11

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

It's been two days since that huge fight and Mina hasn't gone back to their house still. It wasn't because of her pride, or maybe it is, but it's mainly because Chaeyoung didn't even ask her to come back yet. 

 

And that made Mina more upset because.. would it really hurt Chaeyoung to ask her to come home? She was at fault. Mina wishes that she finally realizes it. It was so frustrating. 

 

But at least they're talking, when it's about Maddie. Even if they're fighting they're still parents, and they need to take care of their daughter. Well, it's always all thanks to Maddie after all. For that two days Mina was thankful that Chaeyoung allowed Maddie to stay with her at Taeyeon's house. After all, Chaeyoung still cares about Mina, she knows she just can't be apart from Maddie for long. 

 

After dropping Maddie off at her school, Mina is also on her way to work when her phone vibrated. It was a message from Chaeyoung. She doesn't why, but her heart was beating so fast, she was nervous or perhaps.. excited? 

 

'Good morning, Minari. Is Maddie already in school? Are you at work? Message me if you need anything. I love you.'

 

Mina couldn't help her lips but to form a smile. Maybe it's true that Chaeyoung isn't asking her to come back home, but she never let a day goes by that Mina wouldn't feel that she's loved by her. Now that she thinks about it, Chaeyoung has always been prioritizing everything that she wants. She has always been so supportive of her every decisions. Chaeyoung is so respectful like that. Mina could only heave a big sigh before replying to her wife. 

 

Mina busied herself with work the whole morning even though she's really bothered by her own thoughts. She wants to make up with Chaeyoung, she miss her wife so much. Her eyes, her smiles, her laughs, hugs and kisses. Basically, everything. 

 

But every time she remembers what happened, she'll always step back from running into her arms again because she's still hurting. It really just pained her how all these years, her love for Chaeyoung wasn't enough that it still made her doubt it. Mina had to shook her head to get away with those thoughts and focused on her work once again. 

 

"Mina, let's eat! Sowon saved us a seat" Eunha said as shr fixed her things. 

 

"Uh, I'll eat a little bit late today. Still have lots of paperworks to do, Mr. Kim needs this asap" Mina smiled apologetically. "Go first, Sowon might be waiting for too long now" 

 

"You sure? You can just eat quickly and get back though" She asked again with her brows furr, as if confused because Mina never missed lunch like this. But Mina was firm with her decision and just nodded at her. "Alright then. Tell me if you want me to buy you food" 

 

Mina doesn't really mean to be rude. It's true that she's already hungry and wants to eat, and partially, her excuses were true too. But Mina already decided that she'll make distance with Eunha for now. Even though it's hard for her because she already considered her as one of her friends, I think it will hepl to her and Chaeyoung's peace of mind. Even if Chaeyoung wouldn't know about this. 

 

Almost everyone from the office had already go to grab some lunch but Mina just called the cafeteria if they could deliver her some food because she doesn't want to go down. Luckily, they agreed and it was such a relief for her. Mina was eating when her phone rang, she quickly took it and was quite disappointed when it's not Chaeyoung. It's Nayeon. 

 

"Hello Nabong~" she greeted and Mina heard Nayeon chuckled. 

 

"Hello to you too my friend Minari san~" and now, its Mina's turn to laugh. 

 

"Why did you call? You want something from me right?" 

 

"Ouch! That's so rude of you" Mina could imagine how dramatic Nayeon's face was while saying those words. "Is it bad to call a friend whom I truly miss?" 

 

Mina laughed and drank her cola. "I was just kidding! Of course, how can I not miss you? How are you Nayeonnie?" 

 

"Very fine but was quite busy since it's love month, you know? But right now it's not hectic anymore so I decided to call you to ask if you're free this afternoon?" 

 

Mina think for a moment before answering. "Well, I'm busy today but I think I can be free for you after work. Is that okay?" 

 

"Oh! Very much okay! See you later then at our favorite cafe" Nayeon answered excitedly. Mina confirmed it and the call ended. 

 

Mina leaned back against her chair and closed her eyes for a moment. Maybe she needed this too, to talk to someone who's very close to her heart. Maybe Nayeon would be a breath of fresh air for her because aside from her mom, there's no one that can open up to about her problems with Chaeyoung. Mina opened her eyes and sat up straight, she unlocked her phone once again and dialed Chaeyoung's number. 

 

"M-mina.." Chaeyoung stuttered. Oh good God, how I miss that voice. How my name came out so perfectly from those luscious lips. Mina's wild thoughts. 

 

"Uh.. Chaeng.." Mina cleared , trying to relax. "I just wanna ask if you can pick up Maddie later?" 

 

"Oh. Of course, it's not a problem. But.." Chaeyoung seemed to hesitate for a moment. "But may I know why? Are you going somewhere?" 

 

"Yes.. that's why I can't pick her up. I'll just.. pick her up at our house" 

 

"Mina, it's okay if you don't want to tell me where. I'll understand.. just be careful okay?" Mina could hear how sincere Chaeyoung's voice is. She knows that Chaeyoung was never that controlling on her and her decisions. 

 

"I'm just gonna meet up with Nayeon. She called me today, that's just it. A quick catch up, you know?" Mina still explained because for her, Chaeyoung deserves to know. She was her wife after all. 

 

"Oh, okay. That's good! It's been a long time since you hang out with a friend. Just take care okay? And call me if you want or you need something" 

 

Five minutes before five in the afternoon, which is the time for Mina to be out from work, she already fixed her stuffs and clean her table. She wants to go out first, not that she's avoiding Eunha for real.. or maybe yes, but because she knows the traffic at this hour and the cafe where she and Nayeon agreed to meet is kinda far away from their building. 

 

"Are you going already?" Eunha asked when she saw Mina already wearing her bag and ready to go. "I'll fix my things quickly" 

 

Eunha was already rumbling with her own stuffs when Mina stopped her. "Oh you don't need to hurry. I really need to go first, I'm meeting a friend today" 

 

Eunha's mouth formed an O and silently nodded. "I was about to ask you if I can ride again at your car but.. it's okay Mina!" 

 

"I'm sorry, the place is also quite far so I really need to go" she just gave her an apologetic smile before leaving. 

 

It took Mina almost half an hour to arrive at their meeting place. When she entered the cafe, Mina roamed her eyes around to see if Nayeon is already there but it seems that she's still not. Mina quickly sent her a message informing that she's already inside and Nayeon replied that she's also almost there. 

 

Mina was scanning the menu book when she was startled when someone knocked on the table, trying to earn her attention. She looked up and was welcomed by a smiling Nayeon. Oh the bunny teeth and chubby cheeks! 

 

"Surprise!" Nayeon exclaimed. Mina stood up and hugged her tight. 

 

"I missed you! It's true" Mina said and Nayeon quickly pulled out from her hug and held her face. 

 

"Oh I miss you too Minari~" and they smiled at each other. 

 

After sitting down they quickly scanned the menu and ordered their desire cake and drinks. They were just chatting endlessly while waiting for the food to be serve. 

 

"I still remember how we always hang out here after every shoot" Nayeon started as she sip from her mango drink while looking around the cafe. "Looking back, there's alot that changed here, right?" 

 

"That's true, and I think it became much bigger" Mina said while also roaming her eyes around. "How I wish Tzuyu is here too" 

 

Nayeon pouted at that. "Yeah.. that girl became too busy that she didn't even visit us here in Korea! I think Sana keeps her more busy, don't you think?" 

 

They both laugh at that, Nayeon is still Nayeon. Mina thoughy. "I just hope she'll have time to visit us. I really miss hanging out with you girls" 

 

Nayeon just kept on talking, she's been sharing a lot about her life, her shop, her wife.. basically everything. While Mina just listens to her and silently eating her cake. But then, Nayeon went silent that made Mina to look at her. And she got more confused when Nayeon was just also looking at her. 

 

"What?" Mina asked softly. 

 

"Okay girl, spill it" 

 

"Spill what?" Mina chuckled. "You're weird, Nayeon" 

 

"No Mina, you're the one being weird. Come on, spill it. What's your problem?" Nayeon said with a serious face. 

 

"But-" 

 

"Oh Minari.. don't even deny it with me. We may not be seeing each other that often but I still know you, more than you know yourself" 

 

They really had a staring contest and Nayeon wasn't even backing down. She was so eager to know what's wrong which really made Mina surprised. Maybe she really knows me more than I know my own feelings. 

 

Mina sighed in defeat and Nayeon grinned at her. "Okay.. so well... you know, you've been with Jeongyeon for almost ten years. Uhm, how do you guys keep your relationship strong like that?" 

 

"Oh so it's a married life problem then. Well.." Nayeon leaned back and crossed her arms and think for a moment. "You know Mina, real relationships are not like one of those fairy tales or korean drama we always watch. It wasn't always sunshines and rainbows. It's not like a math problem that can be easily solved with a math formula. Love.. it's always complicated like this. But to answer your question on how we keep it strong all these years, all I could answer is because we both want it to be strong. Do you understand?"

 

Mina looked down and played with the fork on her saucer, pushing the pieces of cake back and forth. "I understand, but.. when you fight, do you sometimes feel like you wanna give up?" 

 

Nayeon laughed as if remembering a particular moment in her married life. "Of course, Minari! Too many times, believe me. But look at me I'm still here fighting for our relationship, for our love. Because again Mina, I want it, we both want it" 

 

"Me and Chaeyoung always fight but this recent fight was different" Mina tried so hard to fight the urge not to cry. 

 

"How different?" 

 

"Did Jeongyeon ever lose trust on you?" Nayeon stared at her, and it's as if Mina saw in Nayeon's eyes the pain she's been feeling right now. 

 

"Oh Mina.. we all lose trust at some point on the relationship right?" Nayeon held her hand above the table. "We will always have that moment where the trust we build would crumble. It's okay to feel hurt by that Mina, because pain after all is part of loving. So does fights, mistrust, lies and doubts. But believe me when you overcome it, it'll only make your relationship more stronger "

 

Mina made the right decision of meeting up with Nayeon today. It was really comforting to hear such words and to have someone whom you can share your burden with. This was supposed to be Chaeyoung, she knows that. But how can I share my burden with her if she's the reason of it? 

 

Mina held Nayeon's hand back and smiled at her. "Thank you so much for being here with ne today, Nayeon. Your words really mean a lot to me" 

 

"That's not a biggie! We're like sisters after all righ?" Nayeon smiled back at her. But then, slapped her hand jokingly. "What's yoyr decision now? Knowing you, I know you've been running away from Chaeyoung for God knows how many days. 

 

Mina rolled her eyes at her. Alright, she really knows me then. "Just two days, okay! I need to keep distance or else we will just keep on fighting" 

 

"So what? Did you already get your peace of mind? Or all you earned for those two days is the longing in your heart" Nayeon was clearly teasing her but Mina will admit that it was true. She really miss her wife so much. 

 

"Oh shut up!" Mina jokingly said. 

 

"Go on big girl, go home to your home" Nayeon winked at her and all could Mina do was smile and nod. 

 

They stayed for few minutes more at the cafe until they decided to finally go home because it was already getting dark. They also promised to meet up again when they have another free time. 

 

Mina is already driving with a giddy heart, she's been smiling like a fool. She already decided what to do and that is to come home to her wife, to Chaeyoung, her home. Mina doesn't even care if Chaeyoung didn't ask her to come back, she'll be willingly do it with all her heart. She get her phone from her bag as she was about to message Chaeyoung when there's already a message there waiting to be read. 

 

And once Mina does, her heart beated so fast it felt like it'll jump out of her chest. 

 

'Baby, I miss you so much. I think I'm going crazy. Please come home, love. I love you, Mina. Please come back to me' 

 

That was the moment that Mina couldn't even think she'll be rushing to come home like that after reading the message. 

 

Wait for me love, I'm coming home to you. 

 

Mina quickly parked her car and run towards the elevator. Waiting for the elevator to go up has never been this long and painful, she just wants to see Chaeyoung right now. As soon as she's on their floor, she ran towards the hallway and onto their apartment door. 

 

She swiped her card so that the screen where the passcode will be entered will show up. Mina just had to click the 'Enter' button when the door suddenly opened. 

 

Mina was startled and nervous, actually she doesn't even know what she's about to feel at that moment. 

 

That moment when the door opened and there's Chaeyoung, standing and looking even more surprised to see her. 

 

They stared at each other, as if memorizing each other's facial features. Afraid that when they blink, it was al l just a dream. But no, they were really standing in front of each other. Bodies waiting to feel each other's warmth again. 

 

"Mina..." 

 

"Chaeyoung..."