Chapter 26

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Mina is not on her right mind, she can't even think straight for how many days now. Since that night that Chaeyoung confessed of cheating on her and wanting to have a divorce, she also left Mina alone in their house. Mina had no idea where she stayed or staying now. But, she had a hunch.

 

Mina knows that she might be at Somi's. And she's planning to go there soon.

 

The fact that she had to juggle her work with her private life is already exhausting. She's like a robot everyday, sometimes she doesn't even want to wake up. Mina kept it a secret to her family and friends, on whatever is happening with her and Chaeyoung. She just doesn't want to involve everyone here because she still high hopes that Chaeyoung will change her mind and come back to her. Mina still hopes they could fix this.

 

On that Friday night, Mina forced herself to eat. It was killing her eating alone on that table that once was filled with their happy family. Every spoonful of food she'll intake, a new drop of tears are escaping her eyes. Now she knows and understands how really hard it is to swallow food when you're crying.

 

Mina is on their balcony, sipping wine and watching the dark sky. There's no stars in it. It's so different from that night where Chaeyoung was still beside her. It made Mina question herself for a lot of things.

 

How did everything change this fast?

 

How did everything gets worse like this?

 

Why? Why would Chaeyoung leave her like that?

 

What happened to them? What happened to the promises?

 

To their love? Why did Chaeyoung... cheat on her?

 

And why... why is she left alone like this?

 

Mina gulped all the wine and wiped her tears aggressively. She's tired of crying, her heart is much worse. It's just a miracle that she's still standing and alive right now. When Mina came back inside, she's startled when the door opened.

 

It's Chaeyoung. She's back home.

 

Mina was stunned for a moment but when she realized her wife came back to her, she wanted to jump in joy. She wanted to hug her so bad and tell her how much she miss her.

 

Except that... Chaeyoung has an empty luggage on her hand.

 

"C-chaeng..." was all Mina could say. Chaeyoung was looking at her coldly. But Mina wanted to believe that she saw a glimpse of change on Chaeyoung's eyes when they stared at each other.

 

"I just came back to get my clothes" Chaeyoung said and passed by her to enter their bedroom.

 

Mina gulped hard and tried to held her tears. She silently followed Chaeyoung and watched her as she gets her clothes. Chaeyoung piled it on the bed, even though she's hurting so much, Mina folded it neatly. She opened Chaeyoung's empty luggage and helped her pack her clothes. Mina did all that with a lump on , and heart already sinking at the pit of her stomach.

 

"What are you doing? You don't have to do that" Mina turned to look at Chaeyoung who's already watching her for a long time.

 

"No, it's fine. I just wanted to help" Mina smiled bitterly and bit her lip. "I always do this, right? I'm the one who's always folding your clothes whenever you have a trip"

 

"I know" Chaeyoung walked to her and grabbed all the remaining clothes from Mina's hand. "But you don't have to do it anymore. This is not longer your responsibility, Mina"

 

It hurts. It hurts so much to be always reminded that someone is already giving up on you. That they really wanted to get you out of their life.

 

Mina's crying again as she hugged Chaeyoung from behind. She gripped her hands tightly when Chaeyoung was removing it.

 

"Mina, please.. don't make it more hard than it already is" Chaeyoung then removed her hands with a lot of force that it made Mina stumble a little. "Just.. let me go. This is what's best for us. For you.."

 

"What the hell are you even saying, Chaeyoung?!" Mina is already on her edge. Anger uprising. "Best for us? For me? Oh Chaeyoung, you don't even know what's really best for me!"

 

"I know, Mina.. and that's not me. So just deal with it!" Chaeyoung hurriedly closed her luggage. "I'll come back when I already have the divorce papers" 

 

"Chaeyoung, baby.. why are doing this to me? What did I do? Where did I go wrong?" Mina was sobbing. Holding Chaeyoung's arm to refrain her from leaving and walking out again. "Tell me please.. So at least I have an idea. Chaeyoung, it's making me crazy!"

 

"There's nothing wrong with you, Mina. It's me.. It's all on me" Chaeyoung's voice were full of sorrow and regret. "I cheated, Mina. I.. cheated"

 

Mina shook her head and begged desperately. "If it's just about cheating, Chaeyoung I won't mind. Just explain why you did it, please.. I'll forgive you. Or just lie to me, Chaeyoung. Just lie and tell me this isn't real.. please, I'll believe you"

 

"Mina!" Chaeyoung shouted at her. "Don't be so low like this! This is not you! Don't settle for less. Please!"

 

"No, no, no.. Chaeyoung please.. I love you so much I can never live without you" she's holding Chaeyoung's hand like her life depended on it. "Just lie to me baby, tell me there's nothing between you and Somi.. I'll believe you. Just lie, Chaeyoung. Just.. ing lie!"

 

But Chaeyoung shooked her head and removed her hands. There she was, walking away again from Mina.. leaving her alone with the broken pieces of her heart.

 

Mina doesn't even had enough sleep that night. She'll sleep for an hour only just to wake up and cry, and it's on repeat. It scared her so much, it's like a nightmare. How she wish it's all just a nightmare.

 

The plan for that day was settled, she had to pluck her courage. After putting a little amount of food on her stomach, she quickly took a shower and drove off.

 

Mina is going at Somi's place.

 

Lucky for her Chaeyoung still have some of her stuffs at her work in their room. That's where she found the information about Somi's address. The drive towards there was nerve wracking, her hands kept on shaking. She had to calm herself down because she's driving.

 

Mina parked outside of an apartment. She's checking the direction if she's at the right address before going out of her car. Mina wasn't even sure if this is the right house but she courageously rang the doorbell. She waited for at least three minutes before the door finally opened.

 

And there's Somi. Eyes widened and shocked to see Mina at her doorstep. Mina clenched her fists to calm herself even though she wants to slap Somi right here, right now.

 

"Somi.. can we talk?" Mina asked in her pretentious calm voice.

 

"M-mina.." she stuttered and looked behind her.

 

Mina's heart sank when she saw Chaeyoung behind Somi. She predicted this, she expected this, Mina already made herself ready for this.. but why does it still hurt to be right with your claims?

 

"Mina what are you doing here?" Chaeyoung asked her and goes out.

 

"Honey, it's fine.. Mina just wants to talk to me" Somi butted in.

 

What? What did she say? Did she just called my wife "honey"?!

 

Mina is trying her very best not to drag Somi by her hair. She's suppressing all her anger. But Chaeyoung and Somi is really testing her today.

 

"No, you're not talking to her. There's nothing the two of you needs to talk about" Chaeyoung held Somi's hand and turned to Mina. "Just.. go home, Mina"

 

"I just want to talk to Somi, okay? Why are you so afraid, Chaeyoung? Are you scared that I might hurt your mistress?!" Mina then walked slowly towards them. She smiled at Chaeyoung and stopped in front of Somi.

 

Mina glared at her with so much anger.

 

And a loud slap was heard.

 

"Because God knows Chaeyoung that I will!"

 

"What the hell?!" Somi shouted at Mina while holding onto her face. "Come here you and I'll slap you twice harder than you did!"

 

Chaeyoung stopped and hold Somi by her waist, keeping her out from reaching Mina. "Stop it, Somi!"

 

"Are you siding with her?! She slapped me first!"

 

"Well because HONEY, you deserve it! How dare you do this to me?! How dare you steal Chaeyoung away from me?! You know she has a ing wife! Why still flirt with her?!"

 

Somi was still trying to escape from Chaeyoung, still wanting to reach Mina. "I didn't flirt with her! She also loves me and you just can't accept that! Well, I'm sorry if your WIFE chose me over you. But, you have to live with it now!"

 

"Just remember this Somi, you're not the one she proposed to. You're not one she offered a ring. You're not the one she married at a church" Mina looked at Somi from head to toe. "You'll live forever as her mistress. You are always the ing number two!"

 

"Mina! Please!" Chaeyoung shouted angrily. "Just go home! Stop causing a scene here. Please"

 

"Really? Don't cause a scene?" Mina laughed sarcastically and brushed her hair. She watched the two of them with so much anger before walking away.

 

" you both!"

 

Mina drove away with a heavy heart and heavy tears. All her courage and acting so strong was just a great facade. She was so proud of herself for standing for her right. Even though it hurted her so much that instead of her, it's Somi that's Chaeyoung is protecting in her arms.

 

She's not going back to their house, Mina changed her route. It was kinda unfamiliar since she didn't memorized it but she just trusted her guts. Once the road is getting familiar, she sighed in relief.

 

After minutes of driving, Mina could already see the same view she once saw. She quickly parked her car and went down.

 

She's at the beach once again. That same beach where Chaeyoung brought her. And Mina chose to sat on that same spot.

 

The sound of waves and the cool breeze are still the same, but it's strange they're not as calming as before. Mina wanted to shout all her anger and frustration but chose to just sat there quietly and stiffle all her words. She lowered her head and hugged herself as she cried once again. Her feet are curling onto the white soft sand.

 

Mina can't believe all of this are really happening. Chaeyoung is really leaving her. Chaeyoung really cheated on her.

 

It's the slap of realization she's getting right now as she watched how the sky are starting to be painted orange. Mina looked up as she wiped her tears.

 

Can someone really unlove you like that so fast?

 

How can someone who promised to stay with you until the end, left you alone and hanging like this?

 

Love is so scary. Love is so painful. Love can really change like that over a period of time.

 

Mina watched as the sun was finally setting. It was still so beautiful, even with her blurry eyes full of tears.

 

How she wish endings are just like this. Just.. beautiful.

 

But Mina met a different ending that day.

 

All hopes are ending.

 

The love between her and Chaeyoung....

 

ended.