Chapter 16

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

It was a cold Saturday morning, nothing much happened the whole week. The both of them was just busy with their own respective works and the routine just kept on repeating everyday which made it more exhausting than ever. Chaeyoung woke up first and watched her sleeping wife, enjoying her always perfect view. She snuggled closer to hug Mina which caused the latter to wake up and move a little bit to hug her back.

 

Chaeyoung then moved on top of Mina to shower her with kisses. Sweet soft kisses onto her forehead, cheeks, lips and her neck. They cuddled like that under the heat of their blankets seemingly ignoring the cold weather outside. After minutes in that position, Chaeyoung climbed down and just lay beside Mina again, afraid that she might feel her heaviness. 

 

"Baby... wake up" Chaeyoung softly uttered as she fixes Mina's hair. "I'm hungry and it's already nearly lunchtime" 

 

Mina groaned and opened her eyes slowly. She snuggled onto Chaeyoung and buried her face on her wife's neck. "I'm so sleepy.. you made me so tired last night!" 

 

"I'm sorry babe.." Chaeyoung chuckled and kissed the top of Mina's head. "But we need to get out of bed now, I bet Maddie is also already hungry" 

 

By the mention of their daughters name, Mina stretched out and forced herself to wake up. Chaeyoung stood up and grabbed both of Mina's arm and pulled her up. They laughed together when they stumbled and almost fell. She dragged her into their bathroom and gave Mina her toothbrush. Chaeyoung puts toothpaste on hers and did the same to her wife. 

 

They brushed their teeth together while watching each other's reflection on the mirror. The both of them would giggle every time their eyes would meet. Chaeyoung kept on teasing Mina like bumping onto her playfully and Mina would bumped back at her. She cornered Mina onto the sink, pinched both of her cheeks and smeared the bubbles from the toothpaste on Mina's face. 

 

"Ya! Son Chaeyoung!" Mina glared at her while rinsing her face with water. "You are so gross, I swear!" 

 

"I'm sorry I was just teasing you" She can't help but to laugh and Mina just shook her head while smiling at her very childish wife. 

 

When they went out of their room, as they expected, Maddie is on their living room watching television and patiently waiting for them. They both sat down on Maddie's both side to greet her 'good morning' and gave kisses.

 

"Baby, are you hungry? Or did you already ate something?" Mina asked while caressing her hair.

 

"A little hungry, mommy.. I already ate some cereals"

 

"Then let's watch something first and let mommy cook, okay? I'm also starving" Maddie let out a laugh when Mina quickly stood up to go to their kitchen but smacked Chaeyoung first.

 

As they were eating, Mina's phone suddenly rang. She checked it and answered it quickly as soon as she saw that it's her sister, Jihyo.

 

"Hello? Jihyo unnie?" Chaeyoung looked up at her the moment she heard her. Mina stood up to excuse herself and motioned to Chaeyoung that she'll go outside the kitchen, which her wife just nodded at.

 

"Hi, Minari.. I'm sorry did I call too early?" 

 

"No, unnie.. actually we're already eating breakfast" Mina sat down on their couch as she continued to talk with her sister. 

 

"Oh that's good I thought I disturbed your sleep" Jihyo sighed on the other line. "Anyway, I just called to tell you that me and the kids are flying to Korea today" 

 

Mina widened her eyes and sat up straight. "Really, unnie?! Oh my God! You surprised me" 

 

Chaeyoung maybe heard her because she's already peeking from the kitchen asking if she's okay. Mina mouthed 'they're coming home' and smiled widely and her wife nodded at her and smiled back, signaling her to go on with their talk. 

 

"I know, Mina and I'm sorry for the short notice. I wasn't even sure honestly and I also just decided this morning. I don't think I could spend another day in this house without remembering him" 

 

"Oh unnie, it's okay.. I think it's really for the better if you come home now. I'm also getting worried about you" Mina felt sad, it still won't sink in to her that her sister is going through this kind of situation. 

 

"Don't worry too much, Minari.. I am fine. I need to be fine, for our kids" Mina could only imagine how her sister is faking a smile right now. And it made her even more sadder. "But, can I ask you a favor?" 

 

"Sure, unnie.. what is it?" 

 

"Can you please not tell mom about anything? Specially that we're coming home?" 

 

"Alright.. I won't tell her anything. But I'll go there today so I could clean your room, and the kid's.." 

 

"Are you sure? You know you don't have to do that, Mina.. and what if Mom suspects and asks you?" Jihyo sounded so concerned. 

 

"Just trust me, unnie.. she won't!" Mina smiled as if her sister could see her. "Chaeyoung and I will pick you up and the kids tomorrow so text me what time is your flight okay?" 

 

"Yes, I will.. thank you so much, Mina, for everything. I hope you understand why I don't want mom to know about this yet, it's just that I know she'll freak out" Jihyo sighed and Mina could agree to it, knowing their mom. "And I want to tell her personally.." 

 

"I know and I understand so don't worry too. See you in a bit, Jihyo unnie!" 

 

As soon as the call ended, Mina went back to the kitchen and saw that Chaeyoung and Maddie are already done eating. Her wife is already putting the dirty plates on the sink. 

 

"So how is it?" Chaeyoung asked when she saw her sitting at the table. 

 

"She's coming home with the kids and tonight is their flight" 

 

"Oh, that's so sudden but I guess Jihyo unnie really needs to see new environment. Right?" 

 

Mina nodded and finished her meal. "Yes and it's really much better if we could see her everyday and also she has someone to talk to here. I'm getting so worried about her, babe" 

 

Chaeyoung went to her to get her plate but kissed her head first. "Don't worry baby, you know how strong your sister is. She'll get through this and you're also here for her, everyone in the family" 

 

Mina looked up to her and smiled but they both turned to Maddie when she spoke. "Mommy, is Aunt Jihyo coming to Korea?" 

 

"Yes love.. you can already see her again tomorrow. Isn't that exciting?" 

 

"Yes! So it means that Hyewon oppa and Sujin are also coming right?" Maddie's eyes were beaming with excitement as she mentioned Jihyo's kids. 

 

Mina and Chaeyoung let out a laugh. "Yes baby they are also coming. You got playmates!" 

 

"Wow! I am excited for Sujin to meet Mochi" then Maddie suddenly pouted. "But I don't know about Hyewon oppa because I think he hates me and Sujin" 

 

Chaeyoung chuckled as she's washing the dishes. "Oh Minari.. I think we're all expecting a huge chaos when they all meet again" 

 

Mina took a quick shower and drove by herself onto her mom's house. She's really planning to clean her sister's and the kids room as she thought it could be the least she could do for Jihyo. Taeyeon was shocked to see her, all alone, because she's most likely to visit her mom along with Maddie.

 

"Mina, what are you doing here? Where's Maddie?"

 

Mina kissed her mom on the cheek and removed her coat before answering. "She's at our house with Chaeyoung. I just want to visit you mom"

 

Taeyeon looked at her suspiciously. "Is everything okay? Or did that Chaeyoung made you mad again?!"

 

"Mom! Of course no!" She rebutted quickly before her mom could think of anything about Chaeyoung again. "I really just want to see you today"

 

"Oh Mina just make sure you're telling the truth and you're not covering things up for that Chaeyoung" Taeyeon squinted her eyes and walked to the kitchen. Mina sighed and followed her. "Come on and eat"

 

"Mom, I'm still full.. and please stop talking about Chaeyoung like that. Mommy she's my wife and Maddie's mom too. I know you still don't like her that much but please respect her like how she respects you"

 

Taeyeon pursed her lips and didn't say anything again. She just quietly sets the table and prepared to eat. Mina didn't expect for the atmosphere to be this awkward but she just took it as an advantage so that she could clean without her mom asking questions.

 

Mina went upstairs after telling her mom that she's just gonna check something in her room. But the truth is, she's gonna start cleaning because she needs to get home before it gets too late. She decided to clean the kid's room first since it's way smaller than Jihyo's room. Mina starts cleaning the floors and windows and changed the bed sheet for the two separate beds. She also put the toys in a big box that she knows Hyewon and Sujin won't be playing with anymore.

 

It took her almost two hours to finally finished cleaning the kid's room and she's already sweating too much. She went down to get some water and to check on her mom, who's surprisingly wasn't even looking for her. Once she got her water and about to go upstairs again, her mom entered the house.

 

"Hey mom, where did you go?"

 

"Just outside, in the garden. I checked some of my plants and walked Mochi too" Taeyeon looked at her with brows furrowed. "Why are you sweating so much? I thought you fell asleep in your room"

 

"Oh.. nothing mom" Mina smiled and quickly escaped before her mom could ask another question.

 

Mina wasted no time and started cleaning Jihyo's room. It's much bigger so she knows this will took a lot of time. It's also dusty everywhere even the chairs and beds so she vacuumed everything and wiped the vanity and bed side tables. Luckily, the spare bed sheets are just inside the cabinets so she didn't have a hard time finding it or even bothering to ask her mom. Mina was almost finished when suddenly, the door of the room opened.

 

"What are you doing?" Taeyeon stared at her in confusion. "Why are you cleaning your sister's room, Mina?"

 

"Uh.. mom, it's nothing! I just saw that it's getting dirty and dusty besides I don't have anything to do, I'm just helping you"

 

"Helping me what? Instead of just resting, you're doing all this work. You know I can just hire someone to clean the whole house, right?" Taeyeon nagged at her but Mina could only laugh because it's already too late for that.

 

"It's okay mom, its done already so no need to hire someone" She laughed and drank water.

 

Taeyeon shook her head in disbelief of her daughter and just motioned her to come down with her. "Okay enough of that.. let's go down I prepared you some snacks"

 

Mina went to her room first and find some spare clothes she left on her closet. She's soaking wet of sweat and felt sticky so she changed clothes first before going down. Her mom is already seated on the table so she sat in front of her. 

 

"By the way Mina, I went to the place where your company branched out. You know, where they rent a place for photoshoots to take place?" Taeyeon said while pouring her some tea.

 

"Really mom? How's the place? I haven't seen it"

 

"It's nice and it's also big. And also.. I ran into Jackson. Did you at least know that he came back here?" Mina almost spat out the tea after hearing her mom mentioning Jackson's name. Taeyeon quickly gave her a tissue. "Can you please be careful?"

 

"I'm sorry mommy" as she wiped her lips. "And no, I haven't.. seen him nor knew that he was here"

 

"Oh. That's sad. I just thought you're at least still talking with each other. In fact, he was asking about you too" 

 

Mina had to lie and cut the conversation. She knows she needed to because if she didn't and told her the truth, she just don't want to imagine where will the conversation goes again.

 

Chaeyoung and Maddie on the other hand went outside to grab something to eat because Maddie pleaded to her mom, and Chaeyoung will always give in to her daughter. On their way home, Maddie pointed at the convenience store which was located just near at their house.

 

"Mom can we stop by just quick? I want to buy the strawberry jelly"

 

Chaeyoung looked at her and she's giving again those pleading eyes. She could only sigh and parked the car outside the store. "Okay come on let's buy it quickly before mommy came back"

 

Maddie went inside hurriedly and ran onto the isle where the jelly was located. Chaeyoung was just following behind her. She saw her stopped and looked up at the jelly on top of the isle.

 

"Mom please help, I can't reach it" Maddie pouted. Chaeyoung ruffled her hair and smiled before giving her two packs of jelly. "Thanks mom! Last time I bought this, an uncle helped me"

 

Chaeyoung's brows furrowed, confused at her daughter's words. But before she could even ask her, Maddie already ran at the cashier. So on their way home, Chaeyoung chose to ask Maddie about that 'uncle' since it's bothering her.

 

"Baby.. you said there's an uncle who helped you picked your jelly last time. Can I ask who is it?"

 

"Hmm.." Maddie seemed to think deeply first before answering. "He's.. mommy's friend. Mom can you just ask mommy about him?"

 

Chaeyoung knew at that moment that her daughter won't be answering any of her questions anymore. And she perfectly knows why, it's because she doesn't wants to lie. So she decided to just wait for Mina to come home. She sat at their living room, getting anxious for she doesn't even know the reason.

 

The moment the door opened and Mina entered, she jolted on her seat. She stood up and  Mina stared at her, maybe wondering why she's acting so weird.

 

"Hey are you okay?" Mina asked after kissing her.

 

"Maddie told me something about this certain uncle who helped her get her jelly at the convenience store. She also said he's your friend"

 

"Chaeng.."

 

Chaeyoung stared at Mina and got more confused because she seemed to got nervous.

 

"Mina.. who's the guy?"