Chapter 13

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

"Oh.. Mina.." Somi uttered in a small apologetic voice and looked at Chaeyoung with a pleading eyes. "It wasn't like that"

 

Mina saw how she threw that look at Chaeyoung and she couldn't help herself but to glare at her. She gets more annoyed when she saw that Chaeyoung was also staring back at her.

 

"Let's go!" Mina said in a firm voice before turning her back at Somi and stomping away to the cashier.

 

Chaeyoung panicked and quickly followed her wife, leaving Somi just standing there and watching the two of them without even having a chance to apologize. She was rushing to catch up with Mina who's surprisingly can walk that fast.

 

They were now unloading the stuffs they bought from the shopping cart to the back of their car and Mina is still not talking to Chaeyoung. The atmosphere was so scary that Chaeyoung could swear the aura her wife radiates right now is giving her chills on her spine.

 

"Mina.. please calm down, baby" Chaeyoung interrupted as she grabbed Mina by her both shoulders so she'll face her, but her stubborn wife wouldn't look her in the eyes.

 

Chaeyoung stopped Mina because she was clearly putting the plastic bags harshly, no, it's more like she's literally throwing them. And Chaeyoung just can hope that the eggs are safe or else she'll be cleaning a whole mess when they return to their house.

 

"Mina, look at me" She held her chin up so that Mina would be forced to look at her. "What was that? Why did you snapped at Somi?"

 

And at that moment, Chaeyoung received another death glare. "What was what, Chaeyoung?! Can't you see or feel that she's literally flirting with you in front of me?!"

 

Chaeyoung doesn't know what to feel. She would like to laugh because jealous Mina is so cute, but also a little nervous because angry Mina is scary as hell.

 

"What? Flirting? Goodness Mina, you know Somi is just clingy like that" she explained calmly while slightly brushing Mina's arm. "And you heard her right? It wasn't like that, maybe she just doesn't see you because you're kinda hidden at my back, baby"

 

"So you're now siding with her?!"

 

Chaeyoung couldn't help it anymore and bursted into laughter. Mina was just so cute, pouting and angry like that. She really looks like an angry penguin.

 

"Oh my Minari.. What do I do with you and your cuteness?" Chaeyoung pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. "Stop over thinking, okay? I love you and you only, until I die"

 

"Stop mentioning about death!"

 

"Alright, alright.. I'll just buy you your favorite mint choco ice cream, so stop sulking baby. We need to go now, it's getting late and we still need to pick Maddie up at your mom's house" Mina nodded even though she's still a little upset but she can't deny the fact that Chaeyoung always has her ways with her.

 

Chaeyoung just fixed the grocery bags one more time and made sure that she closed the car door at the back properly. She held Mina's hand and opened the door for her, when she's already seated, she helped her wear her seat belt. They stared at each other's eyes and Chaeyoung smiled at Mina before giving her a quick kiss.

 

It was already past eight in the evening when they arrived home. Mina and Maddie was the first one to get inside because Chaeyoung insisted that she can already carry the bags. 

 

"Bub, go on and change your clothes and wash your face. Then put your dirty clothes on the laundry okay?" 

 

"Okay mommy.." Maddie nodded and went inside her room, but stopped and turn to face Mina again. "But mommy can you please help me remove my braids?" 

 

Mina smiled at her and motioned her hands. "Of course baby, come here.." 

 

Chaeyoung came in holding the four plastic bags just in time Mina finished removing Maddie's braid. She told her to wash herself up before helping Chaeyoung to carry it on the kitchen. After placing the bags on the table, Chaeyoung immediately sat down and massaged her temples. 

 

"Hey.." Mina walked to her and caressed her hair. "Are you okay?" 

 

"Hmm.. just a headache. Can you please give me a water?" 

 

Mina gave her a glass of water while watching her wife with full of worries. "Why don't you take a shower first love? I'll cook dinner quickly so you can take meds after" 

 

After dinner and putting Maddie to sleep, Mina and Chaeyoung decided to chill a litlle bit and watch some movies on their living room since it's okay to sleep late tonight because they had no work tomorrow. They huddled at sofa with Chaeyoung putting her arm around Mina's shoulder and Mina resting her head on Chaeyoung's chest. 

 

The movie has been going on for half an hour and Chaeyoung could hear Mina's soft yawns and she knows her wife is getting sleepy. So to keep her awake, she insisted to make a conversation. 

 

"Mina baby.. are you already sleepy?" 

 

"Hmm?" Mina looked up to her and sat properly while stretching her arms. "Just a little. Why? Do you want to sleep now?" 

 

"No baby, I just want to talk to you about something" Chaeyoung faced Mina and held her hand. 

 

"Okay.. what is it?" 

 

Chaeyoung grabbed the remote and paused the movie first before going back to her seat. "Well.. it's about us. Honestly, I've been so worried about this these past few days" 

 

Mina furrowed her brows and looked at Chaeyoung seriously. "Stop beating around the bush, Chaeng. Just spill it because you're making me nervous" 

 

"Alright, I'm sorry.. I just want to talk about this jealousy that we've been both feeling which obviously, causing us to fight. I'm just a little.. worried. We weren't like this before right? I mean, yes, but not to this extent. I just wanna make sure if you're not thinking that I am getting immature or childish"

 

Mina sighed and brush her thumb against Chaeyoung's hand. "Why, baby? Do you think I am also childish when I got jealous over Somi at the grocery store?" 

 

"What?! Of course no, Minari" Chaeyoung quickly answered. 

 

"Then why are you worried? I don't think you're immature nor childish for getting jealous. Baby, your feelings are valid. And, you have every to be jealous and so do I. Right?" 

 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and nodded her head. "Right. I just wanna make sure because I don't want our relationship to turn toxic just because of these nonsense jealousy and petty fights. We're already going seven years, I just thought we should be matured enough to handle this things" 

 

"I know, love. I get your point" Mina nodded and smiled. "But we won't let it to become toxic, okay? Besides jealousy is a part of every relationship. It's present when you love someone. You're jealous because you love them too much you're afraid to lose them to someone else"

 

"But we also trust each other, right? We've been trusting each other for years now. It won't just crumble like that" 

 

"Of course, baby.. we do trust each other. But as you say, it's the people around you whom I don't trust" They both had a good laugh at that. 

 

Because no matter how we trust our partners, there will always be another person who'll test that trust you build for each other. You just gotta hold on and not let your feelings be swayed. 

 

"Gosh, baby.. this is why I love you so much" Chaeyoung pulled Mina for deep kiss. "You're mine, and mine only.. okay? And I am yours too" 

 

They had a good sleep that night that they overslept the next morning. Mina woke up first and saw that Chaeyoung is still sleeping soundly beside her. She leaned in to kiss her wife's forehead before going to the bathroom to wash her face. When she got out of their room, Maddie was already there sitting on the couch hugging her penguin plush, watching some cartoons. 

 

"Good morning mommy!" Maddie greeted as soon as she saw her. 

 

Mina sat beside her, she hugged her and also gave her a kiss. "Good morning too, bub. What time did you wake up?" 

 

Maddie tilted her head to think. "Uhm, just a while ago mommy" 

 

"Are you already hungry?" 

 

"Not yet.." she answered while shaking her head and focusing on what she's watching. 

 

"Tell me if you are then I'll cook quickly" Mina was caressing her daughter's hair while enjoying the moment that Maddie is still letting her to cuddle with her like this. 

 

After a few minutes, they didn't even realized that Chaeyoung was watching the both of them while she's leaning at the door of their room. Mina and Maddie was so engrossed in watching the cartoons and they look so cute in Chaeyoung's eyes cuddled up like that. She quietly strudded onto them and Maddie was the first one to notice her. 

 

"Good morning, mom! You're finally awake" Maddie was smiling from ear to ear. 

 

"Good morning, love" Chaeyoung greeted Mina as she kiss her on the lips. "And good morning to our little princess" as she kisses Maddie on forehead too. 

 

"Now that you're awake, why don't you join Maddie here and I'll go cook our breakfast now" Chaeyoung replaced Mina's spot as she went to the kitchen. 

 

Mina decided to cook some pancakes and also made coffees for the both of them and milk for Maddie. Once she's done setting the table, she called them to finally eat. 

 

"Right, tomorrow's Sunday.." Chaeyoung stated and sipped on her coffee. "Where do you wanna go, Maddie?" 

 

Maddie then carefully put down her fork and thought about her answer. She smiled excitedly once she already decided where to go. "Mom, I want to go tp Lotte World!" 

 

Chaeyoung and Mina looked at each other, smiling because they could feel how excited Maddie is. 

 

"Alright baby, Lotte World it is" Mina confirmed that made Maddie hug the both of them. 

 

"I'll buy our tickets online later" Chaeyoung said and continued eating. 

 

It was before lunch and they were all just chilling at the living room when Chaeyoung's phone rang. She excused herself and walked to the kitchen to answer the call. When she came back, her face was already upset and Mina already knows what it means. Chaeyoung was being summoned again on their office. 

 

"I need to check something, babe. Yeri can't contact Somi so I need to do it" 

 

Mina sighed because it was just as she expected. "It's okay baby, take care okay?" 

 

It was already afternoon, and Mina is getting bored because it's been hours since Chaeyoung went to their office. She already cleaned the whole house and now, she's just watching random series on Netflix. Maddie woke up from her afternoon nap and sat beside her. 

 

"Mommy, I'm hungry" she said while wiping her still sleepy eyes. 

 

"Get dressed and we'll go out" 

 

Mina decided to just take Maddie to the nearest convenience store so that she could pick whatever she wants to eat. She already texted Chaeyoung that they went out just in case she suddenly went back home first. 

 

"Here's a basket baby, go and grab what you like to eat. I'll wait you here" Mina pointed at the isle where there's a lot of cup noodles and instant ramens. 

 

Mina's basket were already full because she's also buying some for Chaeyoung as she planned that they'd eat whatever they bought at their house. She was just getting drinks so she could already find Maddie when her daughter came running and calling her. 

 

"Mommy! Mommy!" she called out while carrying her basket full of random foods and sweets. She's also holding a pack of strawberry jelly on her left hand. "Look! A handsome uncle helped me to get this because it was too high and I can't reach it" 

 

Mina kneeled in front of Maddie to fix the strands of her hair falling on her face. "Really? Did you say thank you to him?" 

 

"Yes mommy!" 

 

As soon as Mina stood up, a familiar voice called her. She can't be wrong. Mina was too scared to look at the owner of the voice but she can't escape now. 

 

"Samcheon!" Maddie yelled. "Mommy, that's him. The handsome uncle who helped me" 

 

"Mina.. it was really you.. I thought I was just seeing things when I saw you entered the store. But I guess I was wrong" then, he looked at Maddie and smiled.. sadly. "So this little girl is your daughter?" 

 

Mina was stunned, it was as if she swallowed her tongue. She doesn't need to be nervous like this because in the first place, why would she? But at the same time, her guilt was kicking in. It's really different when you saw again the person who did nothing but nice things to you, and you didn't even had the guts to say sorry and explain everything that went wrong. 

 

"Hey, Mina.. are you okay?" Mina snapped out from that sudden trance upon hearing his voice. 

 

"Mommy, do you know this uncle?" Maddie looked up at her with curious eyes. Mina just nodded at her and smiled a bit. 

 

She turned her gaze again to the man standing in front of her. Trying to pull all the courage she has left in her body to say his name. 

 

"Jackson.."