Chapter 29

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Mina opened her eyes and she was greeted by an orange sky. She squinted her eyes as she was blinded by the light. She could hear loud crashing of waves and Mina could smell the saltiness on the cold breeze of air. Mina was lying down on a blanket and when she moved her hand, she felt the fine sand between her fingers.

 

She sat up slowly and roamed her eyes, she's right, she's at the beach. The same beach where Chaeyoung brought her. Mina's eyes caught a little girl not far from her, building a sand castle. Her hurt pumped abnormally, her eyes watering. She can't be wrong, she knows that little figure so much.

 

It's Maddie. She was sure of it. But... why would she here?

 

Mina stood up and walked slowly to the little girl, her hair and dress was being blown by the wind as she took those little steps. When she's standing behind her, Mina crouched and touched the girl's shoulder.

 

The little girl turned around to look at her and Mina can't believe what she's seeing. It's really Maddie. Beaming her the smile that she missed so much.

 

"Mommy!"

 

As soon as Mina heard Maddie's voice, she pulled her for a hug as she cried. "Maddie.. oh baby, I miss you so much. Mommy missed you so much"

 

Mina rocked Maddie as she hugged her and Maddie was also hugging her back. It felt so surreal, she could really feel her daughter inside her arms.

 

"Mommy, you're always crying and I hate that so much" Maddie said while pouting and wiped Mina's eyes. "Would you like to play with me so you'll be happy?"

 

"S-sure, bub.. let's build your castle"

 

They both played with the sand, building the biggest sand castle they could do. Mina was so happy seeing how Maddie would laugh and giggle once again.

 

"If this is a dream, I don't wanna wake up"

 

As soon as they finished building castles, Maddie asked her to play tag. Mina was chasing Maddie and they're both laughing so hard. Maddie would stumble because of the sand and Mina would purposely slowed her pace just so Maddie could ran away from her again. When Mina caught her, she hugged her tight and tickled her belly.

 

"Mommy! Stoooop~" she squealed and giggled, squirming away from Mina's arms.

 

"Okay, okay.. I'll stop now" Mina laughed and held Maddie's hand. "Come on let's sit down over there and rest a little bit then we'll 

play again"

 

Mina moved the blanket under the shade and let Maddie sat on it. She sat behind her so she could still hug her. Not even wanting to let go. They were swaying their bodies as they enjoyed watching the sea and the sun. Mina was so happy, it's like all her worries was taken away from her.

 

"Mommy.. are you happy?" Maddie looked up at her.

 

"Of course baby.. mommy is so happy to be with you again" she smiled.

 

Maddie smiled back and nodded. "Me too, mommy.. I am so happy to see you smiling. You know mommy I always see you cry and I really don't like it"

 

"Really? You saw mommy?" Mina softly pinched Maddie's nose. "I'll promise that I'll never cry again. Is that okay?"

 

"Hmm! That would be better.." Maddie shifted on her seat and turned around so she could face her mommy.

 

"Do you want to play again?"

 

"I would love to.. but mommy.." Maddie held Mina's hands. She doesn't know why that single touch from her daughter is making her cry again. "You can't stay here"

 

"Huh? Why?" Mina's brows furrowed. "Don't you like mommy here?"

 

"I like it, mommy.. but you can't be here yet" Maddie smiled at her and hugged her. "Soon mommy, soon.. I'll just wait here for you"

 

"Maddie..."

 

"Mommy, you need to wake up now" then, Maddie kissed her cheek. "Mom's here.."

 

Mina opened her eyes again but this time, white walls greeted her. Tears are escaping her eyes, she looked around and Maddie is gone.

 

Truly, it was just a dream. A very beautiful one. And this.. this is my painful reality.

 

"Mina! Oh my God, Mina you're awake!" Jihyo exclaimed when she entered the room. "Wait here I'll call the doctor"

 

Jihyo came back with a doctor and a nurse. They checked Mina's vitals and they said that she's getting better now. Jihyo thanked them and now they're alone again.

 

"Mina don't ever do it again, please..." Jihyo held her hand, crying. "We were so nervous! I didn't even know what to do when I saw you lifeless on your bed. Luckily Jackson was with me and we brought you to the hospital immediately"

 

"Jackson was here?" she asked in a raspy voice.

 

And suddenly, the door opened. Mina's eyes glued on her, she wasn't expecting to see her right now, in this state. She doesn't know what she should feel. After all, she was the reason behind all of this.

 

Chaeyoung was the reason why she wanted to end her life.

 

"Mina..." Chaeyoung slowly walked to her bed. When she noticed Jihyo's presence, she bowed at her a little. "Jihyo unnie.. can I talk to Mina please?"

 

Jihyo looked at Mina, a bit hesitant, as if asking if it's okay. Mina nodded as a sign that it's fine and Jihyo walked out of the room.

 

"How.. how are y-you?" Chaeyoung asked awkwardly, as if she's afraid to even speak any words.

 

"What do you think? Should I say I'm fine thanks for asking?"

 

"Mina.. please.." she's worried, Mina cam clearly see that. But she just doesn't know how to react, she's mad. "I am genuinely asking if you're okay"

 

"Chaeyoung, I will never be okay"

 

"Why did you do that, Mina? I told you.. you don't need to be so low like that!" Chaeyoung was frustrated but at the same time.. hurt. And Mina was confused of that. 

 

Does she still care for me? 

 

"I don't know, Chaeng.. I don't know" Mina looked down and played with her blanket. "I guess.. I just wanted to escape so bad"

 

"Why, Mina, why?! You're really gonna waste your life because of me?!" 

 

"ing yes, Chaeyoung! I'd die for you because what's the point of living this life if I ain't gonna live it with you?!" 

 

Mina wiped her tears, remembering her promise to Maddie. Even though it's all just a dream. 

 

"Chaeyoung.. I wanted to leave before you completely leave me. That's how much I love you.. I ing love you and I hated myself for that" 

 

They stared at each other, the silence are eating them up. Chaeyoung became speechless, Mina can't read what she's thinking about. Now that she had a chance to take a good look at Chaeyoung, she noticed that she got skinnier. Her eyes showed dark circles, she's a little pale too.

 

But.. Mina was like that too. Maybe, it was just not me whose suffering after all.

 

"I'm sorry.." Chaeyoung was attempting to hold her hand but.. the door opened.

 

"Jackson!" Mina sat up abruptly, her eyes widened.

 

"What the are you doing here?!" Chaeyoung asked, clenching her fist.

 

But Jackson ignored her and walked straight to Mina. "Hey.. how are you? Are you okay?"

 

Jackson was about to hold Mina's hand but Chaeyoung dragged him away.

 

"Don't you ing touch my wife!"

 

"Wife?" Jackson scoffed. Grinning in a mocking manner. "How about you? What are you doing here? You really had the guts to show up after what you've put Mina into?"

 

"Shut up, ! You don't know anything!"

 

"Really? I guess I already know enough and it's.. you're the here, Chaeyoung!"

 

Chaeyoung grabbed him by the collar, ready to punch him. But Mina shouted and stopped them.

 

"Jackson! Chaeyoung! Please! If you want to fight, do it outside! I don't want to see any bulls here!"

 

Chaeyoung calmed down and aggressively removed her grip onto Jackson. "I'm sorry Mina"

 

"Just... get out" Mina said coldly while staring at Chaeyoung.

 

opened, but words won't come out. Chaeyoung gulped hard. "But, we still need to talk"

 

"You heard her, right? Just get out Chaeyoung"

 

"Can you stop meddling with us?!" Mina knows that Chaeyoung is just containing all her anger. "My wife and I needs to talk!"

 

"How can you call her your 'wife' just like that? As if nothing happened? Did you already forget that you're already asking for a divorce?" Jackson put his hands on his pocket. "So clearly, she's not your wife.. anymore"

 

"You know what... huh.." Chaeyoung ruffled her hair and bit her lip. "You're really getting into my nerves!"

 

Chaeyoung punched Jackson. Hard. His lips bled and Mina screamed. The door opened and a panicking Jihyo entered, confused of the scenes she's seeing.

 

"What's happening?!"

 

When Jackson recovered and Chaeyoung was busy staring over Mina, he pushed her and punched her too.

 

"Oh my God! Chaeng!" Somi suddenly walked in and ran over Chaeyoung who's now holding her face while sprawled on the ground.

 

"Jackson! Why did you do that?!" Mina was so angry. She knows Chaeyoung started it but seeing her hurted like that, hurts her too.

 

"Mina, I'm sorry.. she started it"

 

"Come on, honey.. let's just get out of here" Somi said while helping Chaeyoung to stand up.

 

The scene was so painful for Mina. She wanted to help her too, she wants to be the one Chaeyoung is holding to. It's clear enough that Somi really love Chaeyoung, too. She could see it in her eyes because that's how Mina used to look at Chaeyoung. 

 

"Somi?" Jackson uttered out of nowhere.

 

Somi turned to him and she looked like she had seen a ghost. "J-jackson oppa..."

 

Mina was so confused at their reaction with each other. Her eyes shifted from Jackson to Somi and when she looked at Chaeyoung, she's just as confused as she is.

 

"What... what is this, Somi? Why are you here? How did you know her?" Jackson continously asked, as if he can't believe what's happening. ", Somi.. don't tell me, you are Chaeyoung's mistress?!"

 

"Wait oppa.. I can explain but can we not talk here? Please..." Somi begged as she leave Chaeyoung behind and walked towards Jackson.

 

They were all just watching the two of them. Not knowing what's going on. They were all dumbfounded at the moment.

 

"What the , Somi! I.. why did you stoop this low?!"

 

Somi shook her head, om the verge of crying. "You don't know anything! Please, not here!"

 

"Somi what's happening? How did you know each other? I.. I don't get it!" Chaeyoung finally asked. Mina watched her wife as she confronted Somi and these hurtful questions lingered on her mind. 

 

Is she hurt? 

 

Is she jealous? 

 

If yes, then why? 

 

Oh. 

 

Does Chaeyoung... really love her?

 

Dumb, Mina. Of course, she loves her. 

 

Chaeyoung chose Somi over you, remember? 

 

"Chaeyoung, it's not what you're thinking okay?" she turned to look at her. "I'll explain but not now.. so please oppa, let's go, please!" 

 

"No, Somi! I want to know!" Chaeyoung then pointed at Jackson. "How did you know this bastard?!" 

 

"Chaeng--" Somi's words were cutted off by Jackson. 

 

His answer almost shook Mina's whole world. And she guessed, Chaeyoung's too. 

 

It was just... unbelievable. 

 

Mina was left with too many questions. 

 

"Listen to me, " Jackson said as he walked to Chaeyoung and suddenly grabbed Somi's arm, taking her away from Chaeyoung. 

 

"You've ed with the wrong girl. You just made my sister... your mistress!"