Chapter 4

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

It's been two weeks since Mina get back on track for her work, and so far she's already getting the hang of it. But.. this also means that it's been two long weeks of repetitive routine for her and their family. Their days will always start with Chaeyoung preparing for work and Mina too but at the same time, prepping Maddie for her school. Then they will drop off Maddie, then Mina and Chaeyoung will drove back to her studio. If it's already exhausting for Mina just speaking for their drive back and forth, it must be too hard for Chaeyoung since she'll also pick them up from work and Taeyeon's house.

 

 

Mina is really thankful that her mom is helping them with Maddie, she's been picking up Maddie during lunch break and every afternoon. For that, she'd been a really great help for her and Chaeyoung but the disadvantage is that after a long tiring day of work, they still need to drove for almost an hour just to pick Maddie up.

 

 

Honestly, Mina already thought of a solution for this, to save energy and time everyday. She suggested to Chaeyoung that she should just bring her own car since it's just sitting on their car pack for too long now. But Chaeyoung just won't let her, they just argue about it. Mina understands her because she has a trauma for what happened in the past but it's different now, she can say that she's more careful and a not wreck less driver now.

 

 

"Thank God, it's Friday!" Chaeyoung muttered when they were at the elevator going down to the car park. She seemed to be in a good mood and Mina wanted to try again and persuade her about bringing her own car.

 

 

"Yeah baby so... since it's already Friday, can you just let me bring my own car? I promise I'll be super careful" Mina pleaded when Chaeyoung was helping Maddie get in the car. 

 

 

"Baby we already talked about this and you know what's my answer, right?" Chaeyoung responded while opening the door for Mina. "It's a no princess, I'm sorry" 

 

 

Mina heaved a deep sigh as she sat on the passenger seat. She crossed her arms and pouted her lips as Chaeyoung started the engine. 

 

 

"Mommy are you sulking?" Mina overheard Maddie so she turned to her at the back seat and smiled at her. 

 

 

"A little but don't tell mom okay?" Mina said as if Chaeyoung couldn't hear her. It earned a chuckle from Chaeyoung and a giggle from Maddie so Mina just shooked her head, undefeated. 

 

 

"You both are teaming up again against me" Mina whined. 

 

 

"No mommy, we love you!" 

 

 

Chaeyoung reached for her hand and kissed it. "That's right, love. We love you so stop sulking at me, yeah?" 

 

 

"Whatever, Son Chaeyoung" 

 

 

"Alright, alright. I'll let you drive your car next Friday since I don't know if I'll be home. We have a schedule on that day" 

 

 

Mina quickly turned around at Chaeyoung upon hearing it. "Really? I don't know if I should be happy or sad about that, babe" 

 

 

"Oh Mina you're driving me crazy" They all laugh and minutes later after their morning family talks, they already dropped Maddie off at her school. 

 

 

The traffic isn't that bad so it was also a quick drive to Mina's workplace. She kissed Chaeyoung and bid their goodbyes before Mina entered the building. On her way up, she also bumped to Sowon at the elevator. 

 

 

"Hi, Mina. It's nice to see you again" Sowon greeted. "How are you catching up?" 

 

 

"Well.. I'm getting there, it's already been two weeks" Mina smiled. Then the elevator dinged proposing that she's already at her designated floor. "I'll get going now, Sowon. See you around" 

 

 

Mina entered their office and walked to her table. Eunha was already their and as soon as she saw Mina, she waved energetically with a beaming smile, which Mina gave in return. 

 

 

"Hi, lovely morning!" Eunha greeted. 

 

 

"Same to you, Eunha" Mina placed her bag on the table and noticed that there's a coffee once again beside her desktop. She looked at Eunha while shaking her head because she done it again, she's been like this everyday. "I told you that you don't need to buy me coffee everyday. I have a lot of debt to you now" 

 

 

Eunha just laugh at her and tapped her back. "No worries, I won't ask for an interest" 

 

 

Hours just passed by so quickly, maybe it's like that when you're too busy. Having Eunha as her seatmate makes Mina feel thankful because she has someone to remind her of the time and of course, Mina doesn't get too drowned with her works because Eunha is so chatty. 

 

 

"Eunha, are you going home now too?" Mina asked while she's fixing her stuff, readying to log out of work. 

 

 

"Yup but can you wait for me just a second?" Eunha said while already carrying her bag. "Quick bathroom" Mina nodded and Eunha hurriedly ran to thr bathroom. 

 

 

As soon as she's back, they walked out and rode the elevator until the Ground floor. Chaeyoung texted Mina that she's already waiting outside and true enough, when Mina got out, she already sighted her car. 

 

 

"Same car picking you up everyday, huh?" Eunha said in a teasingly voice and nudged Mina. "Is that your boyfriend?" 

 

 

Mina was so flustered and it's not like she doesn't want to answer her workmate but she just really need to go now. Chaeyoung has been waiting for her for too long now. "I'll tell you some other time. Bye!" 

 

 

Mina ran towards the car while still hearing Eunha whining about her not answering the question. As soon as she opened the door she kissed Chaeyoung and they are good to go to pick up Maddie. 

 

 

It was a bright Saturday morning and it feels so good to have a long sleep after days of having a tiring work. Mina missed waking up late and cuddling with her wife on bed like this. But she can't laze around because alot of pending house chores are waiting. As soon as they're done eating their breakfast, Chaeyoung helped her again with the dishes and Mina proceeded to get their laundry done. It's also time to replace the beddings and clean up the whole house. Talking about being a housewife. 

 

 

They were having movie time in their living room, they haven't done this for ages. They both missed giving time and hanging out with Maddie. So as a result, they decided that every Sunday will be family time or should they say, Maddie time. 

 

 

"Alright baby, it's Sunday tomorrow so.. where do you wanna go?" Mina heard Chaeyoung asked their daughter while she turn off their television. 

 

 

"Can we go on a picnic mom? I miss picnics!" Maddie answered excitedly. 

 

 

"What can you say about that mommy?" Chaeyoung asked her so she smiled and nodded. 

 

 

"Sounds like a good idea" 

 

 

"Okay, picnic it is then" Chaeyoung said making it final and Maddie cheered loudly, she was so happy. 

 

 

"Okay little princess, time for bed because we don't wanna be late for a picnic tomorrow don't we?" Mina said while guiding Maddie to her room. She tucked her in bed and read her some bedtime stories, after awhile she already hear faint snores and her baby has now fallen asleep. Mina kissed her forehead and little did she know that Chaeyoung has been watching them at the door. 

 

 

"That was fast I guess she's really excited" Chaeyoung said as she walked by the bed and kissed Maddie too. 

 

 

"Yeah she can't stop talking about it" Mina chuckled. 

 

 

"Let's sleep now too" Chaeyoung placed her hand at Mina's back as they walked to their bedroom. 

 

 

"Babe, I have something in mind for a while now but of course I wanna know your opinion about this" Mina started a conversation while she's laying on Chaeyoung's arm and hugging her. 

 

 

"What is it, babe?" 

 

 

"I'm thinking about getting Maddie a nanny. You know, to take care of her when we're not around. Yes my mom's there but I don't want to bother her everyday like this. And I think it can also benefit the both of us since we won't be traveling so much back and forth" Mina explained in a one go. Chaeyoung was quiet for a moment, maybe thinking and processing Mina's suggestion. 

 

 

"Seems like a good idea but I think we still need to think this through. You know baby how hard it is to just entrust Maddie to someone we barely know, right?" Mina nodded at that, actually she's also hesitant about this because of that reason. "But I am not invalidating your suggestions it's just that, let's think about this carefully okay?" 

 

 

"Yeah babe I understand" 

 

 

"Don't think too much about it for now. Let's sleep we don't want a sulky Maddie tomorrow" A little goodnight kiss and they both drifted to dreamland. 

 

 

They both woke up so early to prepare for the things that they need to bring while Maddie is still sleeping. Mina cooked alot of food and she also packed some snacks and fruits. While Chaeyoung on the other hand was in charge of packing the blankets and other stuffs that they will be needing. It was already seven in the morning and they're ready to go. The place they picked for their picnic today is just an hour away from their place so it won't be that long drive. 

 

 

As soon as they arrive, Chaeyoung placed the blanket under the shade of a huge tree while Mina unloaded the basket and sets up the foods. Maddie was already running at the grass together with some kids, playing with a pinwheel. 

 

 

"She's really so great at making friends" Mina muttered while looking at Maddie laughing so playfully. 

 

 

"Yeah, gladly she doesn't take up with you love" Chaeyoung jokingly answered and Mina glared at her. "Just kidding baby" as she give Mina a little peck. 

 

 

Chaeyoung layed down om the blanket, folding her left hand to make it as a pillow. She looked at Mina and tap the space beside her, asking her to lay down with her. Mina smiled and quickly followed her wife's order and lay on Chaeyoung's free arm. 

 

 

It was so peaceful, the blue sky is so beautiful it's like the clouds are dancing. The cool breeze of wind plus the humming of the birds are like music to their ears. It's so magical. Mina thought. 

 

 

"I'm so happy.." Mina silently uttered. 

 

 

Chaeyoung her hair upon hearing it while smiling widely. "Me too, baby.. me too. This feels like a dream and if it is, I don't wanna wake up anymore. 

 

 

"Hey.." Mina said slightly lifting her body up so she could see Chaeyoung's face and lightly caressed it. "This isn't a dream honey, it's all real. You, me, Maddie.. they are all real" 

 

 

Chaeyoung is so overwhelmed with her own feelings and emotions that she just take the back of Mina's head and slowly pulled her towards her. She kissed Mina gently, passionately, a kiss that is so full of love that Mina could feel it through her bones. They almost forgot that they weren't alone if not for Maddie. 

 

 

"Uhm, hello mommy.. mom.." They turned their face at Maddie who's now looking at them and giggling. "Sorry for interrupting but.. I'm so hungryyy" 

 

 

Mina and Chaeyoung laughed at how cute their daughter is. "Come now baby, let's eat" 

 

 

They shared the whole day together with good food, good laughs, good moments and a lot of love for each other. Sundays best it is.