Chapter 31

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Chaeyoung chose the seat on the plane where it's near the window. Somi sat beside her after that while Yeri and Saeron was seated in front of them. They fixed their stuffs and Chaeyoung put on her air pods, ready to listen to some music so she could sleep.

 

She get her neck pillow and used it, crossing her arms and finally closed her eyes. Ready to sleep. Not until when Somi smacked her arms.

 

"What?!" Chaeyoung glared at her. Somi pointed at her neck pillow and laid her hand out.

 

"I told you I'll borrow it!"

 

"No" Chaeyoung then slightly shifted her body, looking away from Somi and then tried to sleep again.

 

Suddenly, Somi snatched one of her air pods and wear it. "Fine" she smiled at her and leaned her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder.

 

Chaeyoung was startled and looked at Somi who's now also closing her eyes and trying to get sleep. She shook her shoulder so that Somi could remove her head, but she failed. In the end, she just let her be because Chaeyoung was also already sleepy.

 

After three hours of plane ride, the four of them already arrived at their accommodation. Yeri and Saeron was the one who took care of it while Chaeyoung and Somi just waited at the lobby. 

 

Yeri came back to them, holding two keys. "I don't know what happened or it's really booked that way by the company but.. there's two rooms" 

 

"What? I thought we already requested for just one big suite" Chaeyoung stood up, brows furrowed. 

 

"Yeah but I don't know what happened Chaeng" 

 

"That's okay! It's just a room, no need to stress over it" Somi said and gets the other key from Yeri. "It's clear that you and Saeron would be in the same room. So.. Chaeng, come on" 

 

Chaeyoung can't do anything about it so they all just followed Somi, they're all tired too and they need to settle their stuffs. Luckily, their rooms are just beside each other so it won't really a bother to contact everyone. 

 

"Baby, we're already here" Chaeyoung immediately called Mina. Somi glanced at her quickly and proceeded on fixing her luggage. 

 

"That's good to hear! You should rest a little bit, I know you're tired" 

 

"I am but hearing your voice makes me feel good" Chaeyoung then plopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. "You know you're my rest, Mina.." 

 

Loud thud of things falling was heard and Chaeyoung suddenly sprung up only to see Somi picking up the bottles of shampoo and soap. She looked back at Chaeyoung and did a peace sign before entering the bathroom. 

 

"Babe let's just call later.. mom is asking me to go down" 

 

"Alright love, I'll hang up now" Chaeyoung was a little sad. She's missing Mina so bad, it wasn't even a day when they separated. "I miss you already.. I love you, Mina" 

 

Chaeyoung heard Mina sighed on the other line. Feeling the same feelings. "I miss you and I love you too, Chaeyoung" 

 

The first three days of their first week were all just meetings, orientations, and briefing about the theme and locations of photo shoots. There are at least three team of photographers there, including Chaeyoung's team. And they're all tasked and assigned to different batches of models. 

 

Every shoot went smoothly, it's really different when working with the professionals. It's like every shot taken was already good and perfect which Chaeyoung likes because it also means less workload for them. 

 

It was really tiring though, everyday she's always drained with energy. She's so quick to get tired these days, and her headaches plus being dizzy isn't helping at all. Chaeyoung was just shrugging about it, she knows she's just overworking herself. 

 

Chaeyoung and Mina's daily routine went on for the rest of the weeks she's away. Phone calls and text messages every time they both had a free time. Chaeyoung wouldn't even care if she'll lack of sleep as long as she gets to talk to Mina and she could ask her about how her day went. And most specially, to always remind her how she misses her and how she loves her. 

 

Because it's true, no matter how tired Chaeyoung is, Mina will always be.. her rest. 

 

During the weekend of their second week, Somi planned that they should relax a little. She bought beers again and the night out happened. Somi and her knocked on the room of Yeri and Saeron at past nine in the evening. They decided to just spend the night there since Yeri doesn't want to get out of their room. It was all part of Somi's clever plan so Yeri can't say no. 

 

The night gets deeper, they already drank a lot of beers. Saeron is already passed out, as expected. But the three of them are still a little bit sobber. Somi and Yeri are just talking, playing and of course, bickering with each other. Chaeyoung is just ignoring them because she's busy on her phone, talking to her wife, Mina. 

 

Somi suddenly snatched Chaeyoung's phone away from her. It made Chaeyoung startled so she glared at her. 

 

"Give it back, Jeon Somi!" 

 

"No!" Somi shook her head, clearly already drunk. "You're always on your phone when you should be enjoying with us!" 

 

"Okay that's enough of beer for you. Give it back and we're also going back to our room" Chaeyoung said as she snatched the bottle of beer away from her. 

 

When Somi snatched her phone, she already said goodnight to Mina so it wasn't a problem. But still, she insisted to call it a night because everyone's already drunk except for her. 

 

Chaeyoung helped Somi to get on her bed, and she successfully did it although she's muttering curses because she's so heavy. When Chaeyoung removed the last arm from her neck and was about to stand up, she was caught off guard when Somi draped it all over her neck again and pulled her. 

 

She ended up on top of Somi as they stared at each other's eyes. Chaeyoung tried to escape but Somi held her tighter. 

 

"What the are you doing, Somi?!" 

 

But Somi didn't answer. Instead, she pulled Chaeyoung more and kissed her. Chaeyoung froze on top of her, slightly dumbfounded. She only realized what was really happening when Somi moved her lips onto her. She quickly pushed Somi away and stood up. 

 

"What the hell was that, Somi?!" she asked angrily, wiping her lips. 

 

Somi sat up on the bed, her cheeks are redder. "I'm s-sorry.. I just.."

 

"If you can't manage yourself when you're drunk, then just don't drink!" 

 

" it! I like you Chaeyoung!" 

 

There was silence after Somi's confession. Chaeyoung wasn't even that shocked but still, she was speechless. She's not dense, she knows Somi has feelings for her. Even Mina could see it. 

 

But Chaeyoung ignored all of it because Somi is her friend. She doesn't want to ruin that friendship. 

 

"Somi.. I have a wife and you know that. So why?" Chaeyoung tried to be calm. "You can't like me or kiss me just like that! You are my friend too, Somi.. I don't want to hurt you unintentionally"

 

"I don't know Chaeyoung.. I don't know! I tried to stop it okay? Believe me I tried.. but I just can't" Somi started crying and Chaeyoung ruffled her hair in frustration. She can't do anything about it and she doesn't want to see a close friend crying over her because of this reason. 

 

"No, Somi.. you need to get over it. Please.. let's just stay as friends, it's better this way right?" she tried to comfort. 

 

"That's the saddest part, Chaeng.. because I'll forever stay as your friend" Somi smiled sadly. "And.. you're already hurting me" 

 

Chaeyoung would admit that things got awkward between Somi and her for the next days. But they remained professional every time it's working hours. It was Tuesday morning, Chaeyoung was inside the bathroom getting ready to take a shower. 

 

She's texting Mina, she already typed "good morning" when she suddenly felt like she needs to vomit. Chaeyoung opened the faucet on the sink quickly and really vomited. But it's weird for her, she haven't eaten anything yet. Chaeyoung held her phone again but her eyes are getting blurry. 

 

She accidentally hit the send button when she felt dizzy once again and this time.. she completely passed out. 

 

Chaeyoung woke up on a hospital bed, Somi was there as if waiting for her to wake up. She hurriedly stood up and walked to her when she saw Chaeyoung already opened her eyes. 

 

"Goodness, Chaeyoung! You almost gave me a heart attack! How are you feeling?" 

 

"Hmm.. still dizzy but, better.." she tried to roam her eyes around, trying to find her things specially her phone. "What time is it? Where's my phone?" 

 

"What do you mean what time is it? Chaeyoung it's already the next day! You're unconscious for the whole day yesterday" Somi explained hysterically. 

 

"What?! Oh my God, where's my phone? I need to message Mina she must be so worried by now!" 

 

"Before you worry about Mina, worry about yourself first! I'll give your phone to you later" Somi then walked to the door. "I'll call your Doctor" 

 

Chaeyoung waited there for Somi to came back. She's also thinking about what's happening to her but she doesn't want to put so much thought about it because it's just making her head hurt again. 

 

Maybe it's just over fatigue. She convinced herself. 

 

"When was the last time you had a full body check-up, Miss Son?" The Doctor asked Chaeyoung while checking her vitals. 

 

"I can't remember anymore. It's.. a long time ago" 

 

The Doctor nodded while writing something on his clipboard. "Alright. I suggest that you should have a check-up right now, if it's okay with you?" 

 

Chaeyoung agreed onto it and the check-up was scheduled after lunch. She already sent Somi back to Yeri and Saeron because she knows the two of them needs help. Somi doesn't want to at first but she agreed anyway, not wanting to stress Chaeyoung more. 

 

She was so nervous when different apparatuses was being plugged on her body. But she just like to think on positive things. She knows her body more than anyone and she knows she is healthy. Chaeyoung just complained about the recent headaches, vomits, and dizziness and it was finished. 

 

The result came out after how many hours. Chaeyoung held tight on the paper as she drove back to the hotel room. Her mind was flying around but she tried to stayed calm. 

 

Mina was calling, she's ignoring her but gave up and answered it. Chaeyoung wanted to cry upon hearing her wife's voice. 

 

"Babe? Hey.. I just want to check on you. Are you okay? Or still busy?"

 

Chaeyoung held her breath and calmed herself down. Hiding all her sobs before answering back to Mina. 

 

"Uh, yeah.. Mina I'm tired can we just talk tomorrow?" Lies.. but partly true. She's tired. And she doesn't want to break down o Mina.

 

"Oh. Okay.. rest well then. Goodnight, I love you"

 

"Yeah.. love you too" then she hung up. 

 

When Chaeyoung arrived at their room, Somi was already there. Sitting on her bed, waiting for Chaeyoung. 

 

"Hey.. how was the result is everything okay?" 

 

Chaeyoung didn't even looked at her and just went straight to bed. "Yeah I'm fine but I need to rest. Don't worry" 

 

It was already their last week, and Chaeyoung should be happy because she's finally going home, she'll be able to see Mina again. But.. that's different from what she's feeling right now. A lot of things had been running on her mind, she's been thinking a lot about stuffs.. decisions to make. It's even making her head ache more. She can't even focus on their work. 

 

That night, Chaeyoung drank alone on a mini bar outside the hotel. She's already getting drunk and there's no sobber thoughts. Chaeyoung picked up her phone to call Mina, ready to tell her everything and try to pull up her courage before she goes to her last resort. 

 

The dumbest thing she'll ever do. 

 

But sadly, it wasn't picked up. That's when she stood up and went back to their room. Somi watched her in so much concern, seeing her drunk like that. 

 

"Why did you even drink this much?! You're taking meds right?!" 

 

Chaeyoung scoffed and held Somi by her shoulder, staring into her eyes. Somi was weirded out by her actions but Chaeyoung could feel her nervousness. 

 

"Somi... be my girlfriend" 

 

Somi's jaw dropped. She even blinked twice. "What the hell are you saying?! You're just drunk, Chaeyoung!" 

 

"No, I'm not! And I am dead serious Somi! So be my girlfriend now!" 

 

Somi pushed her away. "Are you even listening to yourself?! Have you forgotten what you said to me the night I kissed you?! You have a ing wife!" 

 

"You like me right? Why are you mad?" Chaeyoung then walked to go inside the bathroom. "You should be even happy about that" 

 

Chaeyoung closed the door and went straight to the sink. She's getting dizzy again, her headache is killing her. All she could do was to cry and clench her fist. 

 

"Chaeyoung you better get your together" she's punching herself on her chest. "You're doing things again that you'll be regretting later on! But it's okay... it's okay.. everything will be okay" 

 

It's all for you, my love.. it's all for you. 

 

Chaeyoung went out after minutes of locking herself in. Only to widened her eyes when she saw Somi holding some papers, already crying her eyes out. 

 

"What the , Chaeyoung! You really don't have a plan on telling me?!" 

 

"What are you talking about?" 

 

"This! you !" Somi held out the paper. It was the result of her check-up. 

 

"Pretend you didn't read that" Chaeyoung looked away. 

 

"Glioblastoma?! Stage four?!" Somi screamed on anger and pain. "You have a ing cancer, Chaeyoung and you want me to pretend that I didn't know it?!" 

 

Chaeyoung sighed, not even know what to say. She herself can't still accept it. It's all a haywire in her mind. She's so angry at everyone, at everything. 

 

Of all people, why me?! Why does it have to be me?! 

 

I can't leave Mina.. she already lose a lot. 

 

"How many months Chaeyoung?" Somi sobbed. "Answer me!" 

 

Chaeyoung cleared before answering. "T-three... to six months" 

 

"Oh my God..." and Somi even cried more. 

 

That's bull. Really. She's only given such short time. 

 

"I'm... dying, Somi.." 

 

I wanted to live more.. I wanted to live more for Mina. With Mina. 

 

But... I can't be selfish. I can't spend my entire days with her only to left her with more pain. 

 

This may be the dumbest thing I'll do... 

 

but it's for the better. 

 

Mina... everything I do, I do it for you.