Chapter 27

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

"Mina, are you even sleeping?" Eunha asked she turned Mina's chair around towards her. She held Mina's face as if inspecting it. "Look at those dark circles. And you think I didn't notice your swollen eyes for the past weeks? What's happening to you?"

 

Mina shook her head and removed Eunha's hands from her face. "Nothing... I just can't.. sleep"

 

"Yeah, it's obvious. But why?" Eunha held her hand. "Mina.. you know you can tell me if you have a problem, okay?"

 

Mina stared at her as if contemplating about something. She heaved a deep sigh, finally decided. "Can you come with me at the comfort room?"

 

Eunha was confused at first by her sudden question but once Mina stood upband started to walk away, she quickly followed her. It's still office hours so the comfort room was empty. That's what Mina wants so they could have a little privacy.

 

"Okay.. spill it out" Eunha said as she leaned on the sink.

 

Mina just stood her trying to find her words but her eyes betrayed her again, tears pour out first before she could speak. Eunha was so startled when she saw Mina crying, she quickly stood up and hugged Mina who's just standing not far away from her.

 

"Hey.. what's wrong?" Eunha rubbed her back, comforting her. "It's okay if you don't want to tell it now, Mina.. I'll understand, just please don't cry"

 

Eunha could feel Mina shaking her head. "Eunha, my wife.. she cheated on me"

 

"What?!" Eunha made Mina face her but the latter just lowered her head. "Tell me your joking! I mean.. why?"

 

"I wish it's all just a joke but it's not, Eunha.. she's even filing for a divorce"

 

Eunha's jaw dropped, she was dumbfounded. She doesn't even know what to say to Mina so she could at least feel better. She felt guilty for even asking about it. All she could do is just hug her again.

 

"Oh, Mina.. I'm so sorry" 

 

Mina refused to eat at the cafeteria, she chose to stay at their office. Honestly, she just doesn't want to eat. It was long before that she had lost her appetite. She doesn't even remember when was the last time she had a proper meal. But Eunha was stubborn as always, when she get back she brought a meal for Mina.

 

"Here, eat this.. I bet anytime you'll collapse here" Eunha nagged at her. "Are you drinking any meds or just vitamins? Or anything that could help you sleep?"

 

Mina shook her head as she sloppily opened the food box. "I don't.. need it?"

 

"What are you saying? Have you even look at yourself?!" she put both of her hands on her waist, Mina likes to laugh because she's like her mom at this moment. "Later after work, go to the pharmacy and buy meds okay?! Or else I'll drag your there"

 

Well Mina had no choice but to follow Eunha's suggestion to her even if she doesn't want to. Eunha was so persistent that she's even following Mina to the car park. 

 

"Promise me that you'll really buy, Mina!" 

 

Mina sighed and chuckled. "Yeah. I will so shut up now. You've been bugging me all day!" 

 

"Of course! Because you need to get better, as soon as possible" 

 

How Mina wished that it's just easy as that. How she wished that few tablets could make the pain go away. 

 

"And why is it?" Mina shot back her brow at her. 

 

"So you can't ditch me again this Friday. It's my birthday and you need to come" 

 

Mina wasn't even sure if she's ready to be around with so many people. But she can't reject Eunha like that so she just said that she'll try. Eunha is really a good friend to her and she had so much to her specially today. Eunha's the third person to know about what's going on with her and Chaeyoung. 

 

Jihyo and her mom busted her when they made a surprise visit on their house. The house was a mess at that moment, everything is just unorganized. Mina was crouching on the living room, crying. That was her routine everyday that she almost forgot to eat and clean the whole house. 

 

"Oh my God, Mina! Are you okay?? Why are you crying?" Jihyo rushed onto her and pulled her so she could sat on the couch. 

 

"Mina, what's wrong?" Taeyeon joined in while wiping her tears. 

 

"Chaeyoung... she's... leaving me" 

 

Mina cried so hard on her sister and mom's arms. They didn't even asked what happened, she just let them cry. It's like what Mina said is already enough for them to understand the situation. Or maybe that's just what family is, maybe it's true that they could feel your emotions even if it's unsaid. 

 

"Where's that kid?! I can't forgive her for this! How dare is she to hurt you?!" Taeyeon exclaimed angrily and pointed at Mina. "See Mina?! This is why I've been so against with this bull since the beginning! If you've just listened to me you won't be suffering like this! Look at you now, you're crying over a useless trash! Someone could've been treating you better right now!" 

 

"Mom! Please!" Jihyo interrupted while still hugging Mina. "Can you just save that for another day, mom? This is not the right time for that" 

 

Mina sighed when she remembered about it. Her mom is mad again at Chaeyoung. This is why she doesn't want them to know about it because all those years will just be wasted. Years of making her like Chaeyoung and accepting her as part of the family. 

 

She pulled over in front of the pharmacy, Mina doesn't even know what to buy here. She just knows that it'll be all just useless, nothing will make her feel better. 

 

Only Chaeyoung... 

 

But in the end, she just randomly bought vitamins and some pills that could help her to fall asleep and drove off to go home. 

 

Mina wanted to curse it seems like bad luck is really on her side right now, nothing right is going on her way. Her car acted up and won't start. She's just few miles from the bus terminal but her car just didn't cooperate until she could get there. Mina is so frustrated as sh went out of her car and stood by the sidewalk. She gets her phone and was about to dial Jihyo's number when a familiar car stopped in front of her. 

 

And there's Chaeyoung, who got out from the driver seat and walked up to her. Concern evident in her eyes. 

 

"Chaeng.." Mina's throat gone dry. After almost a month, this is the first time she saw Chaeyoung again. 

 

"What are you doing here? What happened to your car?" 

 

"I.. I don't know.. it won't start" she stammered, still staring at the love of her life. 

 

"Just hop in with me I'll drive you home and just call someone to pick it up here" Chaeyoung said while looking at Mina. But her stares became different that fast, it's back to being cold. 

 

"No, it's okay.. I'll just call Jihyo unnie, you don't need to bother" 

 

"Mina, I insist. You're not a... bother" Chaeyoung cleared and looked away. "Besides it's getting dark so come on"

 

"Okay.." Mina nodded defeated. She's just refusing because she doesn't know how she'll act around Chaeyoung, this will be the first time that they'll be alone again. 

 

Mina walked to the passengers seat when she heard Chaeyoung called her. "Mina, wait!" but it was too late.. 

 

The moment she opened the door on the front seat, she knows why Chaeyoung stopped her. 

 

Because there's Somi, sitting on the spot that once was hers. 

 

Mina felt like a cold bucket of water was being poured on her. It was a painful reality check once again that.. 

 

She's already been replaced. 

 

Somi looked over her boringly and raised her brow. "Oh.. Sorry.." she quickly apologized and closed the door once again. Mina didn't even looked at Chaeyoung when she opened thr back door and entered. 

 

The whole car ride was so awkward and the tension is just so high. Mina is already cursing herself on her mind and regretting on why she agreed to Chaeyoung at the first place. 

 

Mina's phone is automatically connected to Chaeyoung's car radio, since they both liked listening to music while having a ride. Out of habit, Mina played a song from her phone to at least ease the atmosphere. She saw how Chaeyoung looked at her by the rear view mirror. Mina smiled timidly at her and looked out the window. 

 

"Who the music?!" Somi suddenly blurted out. Obviously irritated. "Honey I told you I don't like to listen to music while driving" 

 

Chaeyoung quickly reached for the radio and turned it off. Mina is just silently watching over them. "Oh. I'm sorry.." 

 

Mina wasn't sure who's that "I'm sorry" is being said to. She just shrugged it off. Because it hurts.. it hurts to see someone replace you. 

 

"Anyway, Mina.. how are you?" Somi asked without even looking at her. "I hope you're already doing fine and have finally moved on. Because you have no choice in the first place, right?" she even chuckled. 

 

"Yeah. I'm doing.. better" 

 

Chaeyoung glanced over her again and Mina could swear she's about to cry at that moment. 

 

You're such a great liar, Mina. 

 

"That's good to hear! Right, Chaeng?" Somi said as if diverting Chaeyoung's attention from Mina over her. "Because you see.. Chaeyoung and I, we're both happy now" 

 

"Yes. I can see that" 

 

Somi looked over her and gave her a mocking smile. She turned around again and Mina wanted to get off at that time. It's getting suffocating again, she can't breathe. 

 

Mina watched as how Somi held Chaeyoung's hand. The hands she was once holding like that, too. 

 

Why are we like this? Even though we know it's a painful sight to see, we couldn't still help ourselves but to watch it. 

 

Do we really like to hurt ourselves that much? 

 

Mina's tears already escaped from her eyes. She tried to look around to cover her fave, so they wouldn't see hee. Mina's heart hurted more when she saw a picture of Maddie at a small pocket behind the seat. She grabbed it and immediately grabbed her bag. 

 

"Chaeyoung just drop me here" Mina blurted out when she already saw the bus terminal. 

 

"I told you I'm going to drive you home" 

 

"No, I'm fine here. Just, stop the car" 

 

"Mina I said-" 

 

"Chaeyoung! Please!" Mina shouted. "Just stop the car here because I'm fine! Stop acting like you really care" 

 

"Oh gosh, Mina. Can you stop being a drama queen?" Somi said while rolling her eyes. "Honey just let her be, she can go home by herself. Let's just go home too" 

 

Mina never ran out of the car as fast as that. She could feel her legs turning into a jelly, she's almost stumbling as she climbed up the bus. Mina doesn't even care if people are staring at her weirdly. She sat a vacant seat on the far back and cried. Mina restes her head by the window and hugged herself. 

 

Chaeyoung... how could you hurt me like this? 

 

Her phone suddenly rang. She answered it without even seeing who the caller is. 

 

A familiar soothing voice was heard. And Mina couldn't help but to sob more harder. 

 

"Mina.. where are you? Are you crying?" she can't utter words, her heart is aching so bad. "Please Mina.. tell me where you are and I'll go to you" 

 

"Jackson...."