Chapter 30

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Mina watched as Jackson left the room, still dragging Somi by the arm. He bumped Chaeyoung's shoulder so hard when he passed by her and Mina almost ran to Chaeyoung when she stumbled. They were all left dumbfounded, specially Chaeyoung.

 

Somi is Jackson's sister? How did we not know that?

 

When Chaeyoung seemed to be recovered from everything that happened, she turned to look at Mina, clearly wants to talk. But Mina was drained with energy, she just literally woke up from a near death experience and she's already greeted by all this chaos.

 

"Mina.. I'm sorry. I swear I also don't know a single thing"

 

"I know.." Mina stopped Chaeyoung from moving towards her. "But Chaeyoung, can you please go too? I'm tired, I want to rest.."

 

"Can I come back, Mina?" Chaeyoung was staring at her with those begging eyes. For a second, Mina wanted to give in.

 

But... she remembered all the pain she had gone through.

 

"I.. I don't know, Chaeyoung. I don't know if I want to see you again. So please..." Mina looked away because if she kept on staring at Chaeyoung, she knows her heart will betray her again. "Just go"

 

"Mina-"

 

"Chaeyoung, please let my sister rest. You see, it was too much again for today. If you still care for her, please go.." Mina heard Jihyo. "Come on, I'll you outside"

 

Mina turned her back at them as she lay down once again. She doesn't want to see Chaeyoung leaving because she just might ran to her and pulled her for a hug. Mina was just restraining herself before her whole body took an unwanted action. After minutes of pretending that she's already sleeping, she heard the door closed.

 

Mina turned around to check and it's real.. Chaeyoung is already gone. 

 

The next day, Mina felt a little better. Her friends visited her and Nayeon was the first one to arrive. She came running to her and crying. 

 

"Mina! Don't do it again!" she nagged as she wiped her tears. Mina likes to laugh at her, she's such a kid sometimes. "You really freak the hell out of me!" 

 

"Oh. I'm sorry, Nabong~~ I won't do it again" she smiled. 

 

"You better not!" Nayeon dramatically flipped her hair and massaged her face. "Gosh, you're stressing me out. If I developed wrinkles, it's all on you!" 

 

Mina chuckled at her and the door flung open. 

 

"You still really care about your face than Mina, huh?!" 

 

"Tzuyu!" Mina exclaimed in shock, she wasn't expecting to see Tzuyu here. And.. she's also with Sana. 

 

"Oh my God! When did you arrive?!" Nayeon asked as she pulled Tzuyu for a hug. 

 

"Yesterday.."

 

"And you really didn't tell me?! Goodness what's with you two? You really like to make me ugly?" 

 

"Yes, and I think it's already working" Tzuyu rolled her eyes at Nayeon and she received a loud smack on the arm. Mina couldn't help but to laugh at them. She really missed her friends, even their bickering. 

 

"Hey, Sana.." Mina greeted Sana, almost forgetting about her presence. Nayeon did the same. 

 

Sana smiled at her. "Mina, how are you? Are you feeling better now?" 

 

"Yes.." Mina nodded. It's true that's she's feeling good right now. Compared to the past weeks where it's like she's alone in a dark hole. "Thank you for visiting me" 

 

They settled on Mina's room, they each took a spot to seat on. And they continued to catch up on each other and of course, the interrogation won't stop there. 

 

"But Mina.. is it true?" Nayeon was a bit hesitant to ask. "Did Chaeyoung really cheated on you? Are you both really going for a divorce?" 

 

"What?!" Sana and Tzuyu exclaimed almost at the same time. Mina could only lool away at them and nod. 

 

"What the ?! Really? Since when, Mina?!" Nayeon already stood up, her hands are on her waist. Clearly getting really mad. 

 

"I don't know.. maybe two months now?" 

 

"Who's the girl, Mina?" Tzuyu butted in. 

 

But even before Mina could answer, she was already startled of Sana coming to her side. Her hands are open in front of her, and Mina looked at it in confusion. 

 

"Mina, give me Chaeyoung's number" Sana said in a monotone voice. 

 

Mina looked at Tzuyu as if asking for help. But her dear friend just raised her hands and shrugged at her. 

 

"Just give it to her, Mina" and Tzuyu even mouthed "can't do anything about that" 

 

So Mina searched Chaeyoung's number on her phone and gave it to Sana. She quickly copied it and gave back Mina's phone. 

 

"But I don't know if she still uses that number. I mean.." Mina looked down and she could see her reflection through her phone. "We rarely talk now. So.." 

 

"That's fine, Mina. Thank you anyway" they watched as Sana put her phone on her ear, Mina guessed she's really calling Chaeyoung. Then, she turned around to Tzuyu and kissed her quickly. "Baby I need to do something" 

 

Sana walked out of the door and before she could even close it properly, they all heard her loud angry voice. 

 

"Yah! Son Chaeyoung! Where are you?!" 

 

Nayeon nudged Tzuyu and chuckled teasingly. "Wow, you've got yourself a tigress, Tzuyu. I am now convinced why you're this whipped" 

 

"Stop it, Nayeon!" Tzuyu glared at her but Nayeon kept on laughing. And Tzuyu diverted her gaze onto Mina. "Why didn't you tell us? Don't tell me you just kept it in all alone for those two months and you resort to this solution?!" 

 

"I'm sorry.. I just don't know what to do and I don't want to involve anyone. It's our problem, a problem between a married couple and we should also be the one to fix it" Mina sighed as her friends watched her with worried eyes. "Everyday, God knows how I hoped that it'll still be fixed. But I guess.. I'm wrong" 

 

"I understand you, Mina. Because when Jeongyeon and I fights, we settled it together. No one knows about our arguments, even our kids. So I get your point.." Nayeon nodded at her as if comforting her. 

 

"I know and I understand too, but if it's already too much for you I just hoped you thought of telling it to us, Mina" Tzuyu answered in defense. "But that's over now, what's important is you're fine now" 

 

"What the heck, is this what the seventh year itch that they're talking about?" Nayeon suddenly blurted out. 

 

"You know what Nabong, you should stop watching a lot of dramas!" 

 

"I am not! You don't know that, Tzuyu? Tsk, this is why you're still not married" Nayeon rolled her eyes at her. "It's true there's this kind of beliefs or whatever it is. I thought it was just a coincidence but believe me, Mina, me and Jeongyeon also encountered this on our seventh year. I remember how it's all fights and fights everyday! Gosh!" 

 

Mina let out a sad laugh. "How I wish it's just like that, Nayeon.." 

 

"Believe me it is! Once you got through this together, you'll be as strong as ever like.. no one can ever break you apart again" 

 

"Nayeon, that's enough! Stop giving Mina false hopes, Chaeyoung cheated okay? It's a big deal, not just some seventh year itch" Nayeon frowned at Tzuyu. "So Mina, who's the girl? You already know her?" 

 

"Yes.. it's Somi. Jackson's sister" Mina looked at Nayeon and just as she expected, her jaw dropped. 

 

"What?! Are you serious?! As in.. Somi, my step-cousin?!" 

 

"Wait.. what? Jackson has a sister?" Tzuyu asked im confusion. 

 

"It's a long story but yes, although not biogically. Somi is the daughter of Jackson's step dad" 

 

Nayeon explained about Somi and Jackson and how the both of them was still shocked that Somi is the girl. They stayed for a little bit until evening and goes home. The next day, Mina was discharged early. Her mom and sister didn't allow her to go back to their house so Mina had no choice but to stay at her mom's house. 

 

Mina rested there for a whole week. She knows she's already alright but her mom kept on insisting thatvshe still should rest. Her phone was even confiscated so out of boredom, she spent her rest days reading book, cleaning and even gardening. 

 

Jackson would also always visit her there. So it helped her a little because she has someone to talk to. 

 

"Mina, we need to talk,together with your sister" Taeyeon said as she entered Mina's room. After awhile, her sister also came in. 

 

"What is it?" 

 

"Me and the kids are going back to US at the end of the month Mina" Jihyo explained. Mina got sad, she doesn't want her sister to go yet. 

 

"Really? But why? All of a sudden?" 

 

Jihyo then turned to look at Taeyeon, as if asking her to explain everything. "They need to go back Mina. And we're thinking.. that you should go too" 

 

Mina haven't decided yet that time. She's still not sure if she's ready to leave everyone, everything.. and Chaeyoung. 

 

They haven't seen each other, the last time was when she's still at the hospital. There's no even a single communication too. Mina misses her so bad. She wanted to see her, to hug her, to kiss her.. to just be in her arms again. 

 

But I bet she's already happy.. she's already doing fine. Somi is with her.. she should be fine. 

 

Mina made up her mind, she's going to come with Jihyo. Jackson will come with them too, since he needs to go back now for his work, he said. Mina spent the last weeks of that month preparing everything. 

 

She also already resigned at her work. Eunha and her met, and she apologized again for so many things. Eunha is even blaming herself because of Mina's resignation but Mina explained that it's not her fault. Sowon wasn't there that day, which Mina thought is good because she doesn't know what to say if ever they'll saw each other. 

 

Mina's last thing that she needs to do is to tidy up their house and get her other stuffs. Her hands were shaking when she pulled over at the carpark of the building. She doesn't even know when was the last time her foot stepped on their house. 

 

"Dahyun?" Mina was so confused to see Dahyun outside their door. It's like she's been waiting here for a long time now. "What are you doing here?" 

 

"Thank God, Mina! You arrived!" she even heaved a deep sigh. "Mina can we talk? Just for a few minutes, please" 

 

Mina's brows furrowed. "Why? If this is about Chaeyoung, I don't know if I can help you. Or.. did Chaeyoung send you here?" 

 

"No, Mina.. she didn't. She doesn't even want me to go near you, okay?" Dahyun shook her head. Mina bit her lip at that. 

 

You really want to get rid of me that much, Chaeyoung? 

 

"Then what are you doing here? I have no time so just say it. I have lots of things to do" 

 

"I heard you're already leaving. And my dumb friend isn't moving her off. I can't let this day just pass by watching how pathetic she is and do nothing, Mina" Dahyun said in a frustrated voice. 

 

"I don't understand what you're saying! What is this now?! What game is Chaeyoung playing?! I am already leaving, can't she just let me leave in peace?!" 

 

"Here.." Dahyun then handed Mina a folded paper. Looking like a letter. "Can you just please read this Mina before you leave? Please.. and if ever you change your mind, text me. I'll tell you where she is" 

 

Dahyun left while wiping her tears. Mina stared blankly at the paper she's holding. She doesn't know what's happening. 

 

Mina sat on the couch and grip the paper hardly. She inhaled a deep breath and started to unfold the paper and read it. 

 

With blurry eyes, Mina hurriedly got her keys and drove off to the address Dahyun texted her. 

 

Heart racing so fast. 

 

Speeding like she's running out of time. 

 

Chaeyoung... I'm coming... 

 

Please wait for me my love..