Chapter 24

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Chaeyoung is stressing over their new schedule. Her brows are furrowed as she kept on scrolling the cursor up and down, as if it'll change anything. Somi and Yeri kept on glancing over her as they're both worried for her. Chaeyoung could only drink water and massage her temples.

 

"Chaeng, you know it's okay if you don't want come, right?" Yeri said as she walked over by her table. She needed to talk it out with Chaeyoung because she's also getting stressed by watching her. "We would understand. And if you're worrying about the work, I could ask Saeron to come again and Samuel, too"

 

"Samuel? You know he already quitted because he's into running a cafe now. He won't come" Somi butted in.

 

Yeri rolled her eyes at her. "Of course I know! But if Chaeyoung would only ask him for a favor, I know he'll consider it"

 

Chaeyoung could only sigh at them who's bickering again. She really wants to agree with Yeri, but there's just so many things to consider.

 

"Chaeng I know you can't live Mina alone for a whole month.. so we'll understand if you don't wanna come, okay?" Yeri assured her once again.

 

"Why would Mina won't allow her to leave in the first place? I know she'll also understand that this is a big break for Chaeng, for our company.. for us. Right, Chaeng?" Somi crossed her arms and stared at Chaeyoung, who's just staring blankly outside. Yeri nudged Somi and glared at her.

 

"Can't you understand? Mina wouldn't be fine alone, and Chaeyoung knows that too!"

 

"Fine! But think about this, Yeri.. if she won't be fine alone then why would her mom ask Chaeyoung to be in this project?!"

 

"Can you both please shut up and stop fighting?!" Chaeyoung shouted and walked out of their office. Her mind is already going crazy with all this s to think about and the both of them aren't just helping.

 

Chaeyoung sat on the bench while drinking her coffee that she bought on the nearest convenience store. She heaved a deep sigh while thinking about what Yeri and Somi said. They might be annoying like that but Chaeyoung knows that they're both making sense. It's true that she can't leave Mina for that long, just by thinking of it is already killing her. And also the fact that she knows about Mina's state right now, it's really hard. 

 

Mina might look strong and okay whenever she's around, she just knows how fragile she is when alone. And those tears and sobs every midnight are enough proof of it. 

 

But Chaeyoung couldn't say no to this project. It's a big company and this will really be their big break. That's how important it is and she needs to be professional about it. Plus the fact that it's Mina's mom, Taeyeon, who asked her regarding it. 

 

Chaeyoung nervously answered Taeyeon's call. She rarely call her so this was kinda unexpected on a Monday morning like this. 

 

"Hello? M-mom?" 

 

"Chaeyoung, where are you?" Taeyeon asked in her normal stern voice. 

 

"I'm at work. Is something wrong with Mina?" it was the first thing that came to her mind because she can't think of any reason of Taeyeon calling her. 

 

"No, this isn't about Mina.. I'd like to talk to you about something and I hope in personal. Can you meet me right now?" 

 

Chaeyoung quickly drove to the place Taeyeon sent her. Somi was asking her where she's going but she promised her to explain it when she come back. Chaeyoung was in a hurry. 

 

Taeyeon was already there when she arrived. Chaeyoung hurriedly approached the table where she's at. 

 

"Go on, sit" Taeyeon pointed at the chair and Chaeyoung sat down. "What do you want to drink?" 

 

"Anything is fine" she smiled a bit to ease her nervousness. 

 

Taeyeon called out the waiter and pointed at their drinks on the menu. As soon as the waiter was gone, Taeyeon clasped her hands above the table and looked at Chaeyoung. 

 

"I won't beat around the bush and just get down to the business" Taeyeon swiped the folder that's above the table towards Chaeyoung. "Go on and check it" 

 

Chaeyoung browsed the content of the folder and it's a proposal for a whole month photoshoot for a magazine. 

 

"So.. what do you think?" Taeyeon raised her brow as she asked. 

 

"Well.. this is a big project, mom. But may I ask if you're offering my company to be in charge of it?" 

 

"Exactly! I'll be honest, I may not still like you that much but I'm amazed with your photography skills. I feel like I can't trust anyone with this project but you" 

 

Chaeyoung doesn't know if she'll be happy upon hearing it or be more pressured. It was fine, really, and she'd gladly take it. But.. "Mom it's a month long.. I'm worried about Mina I don't think I can leave her alone" 

 

Taeyeon smiled at her and patted her hand. "I know and I understand that you're worried for my daughter.. but don't worry, we're here for her, Jihyo is here too. She'll be fine, Chaeyoung" 

 

And that's why she can't say no to Taeyeon. It's the first time she trusted Chaeyoung about something big like this and she doesn't want to disappoint. But still, she needs to talk to Mina about this. 

 

"Chaeng.. I'm sorry about earlier" Somi quicly apologized as soon as Chaeyoung came back on their office.

 

"Me too, Chaeng. I know you're already having a hard time and we shouldn't be arguing in front of you like that" Yeri said as she cling onto Chaeyoung's arm.

 

"Okay, okay.. it's alright. I'm sorry too. I need to be professional about this but please still let me talk to Mina first"

 

Yeri nodded and went back to her seat. When Chaeyoung was also about to go to her desk, Somi held her by the arm to stop her.

 

"Why?" Chaeyoung looked back at Somi. And Yeri caught their attention too.

 

"Chaeng.. you'll come with us, right?" 

 

Chaeyoung is now on her way to pick up Mina from her work. She's planning to talk to her tonight. Whatever Mina's decision is, or if ever she'll agree, which is more likely what that results will be. Chaeyoung is happy that she had spend a lot of time with Mina during their weekend. 

 

"I thought you're bringing me somewhere, Chaeyoung" Mina whined as she brushed her hair. "Look, it's already afternoon and we're still here. Are we not going?" 

 

Chaeyoung chuckled and hugged her frok behind. "Calm down, princess. We're still going and don't worry this is just the perfect time. Let's go!" 

 

Mina watched the unfamiliar road their driving right now. A melow music is playing, Chaeyoung is holding her hand while other is on the steering wheel. Mina already quitted asking where they're going because Chaeyoung would just smile at her to and it's making her annoyed. 

 

After the long drive, Mina sat up straight when she could finally see where Chaeyoung is taking her. And it made her excited and happy. 

 

"Oh my God!" Mina squealed as she played with the sand in her feet. "I really missed going to the beach, Chaeng" 

 

"I know, baby.. so here we are" 

 

They find a spot where to lay their blanket so that they could sit. The air smelled salty and fresh, the crashing of waves sounded so good its like a lullaby. Mina couldn't helped but to smile as she closed her eyes, feeling the cooling breeze and the enough heat from the sun. 

 

"Do you like it?" Chaeyoung asked as she's watching how relaxed Mina is. 

 

"Hmm" Mina nodded and smiled. "What made you think to bring me here, love?" 

 

Chaeyoung smiled and watched the ocean. "Because.. I want to watch the sunset with you" 

 

"Since when you are fond of sunset?" Mina chuckled. 

 

"I don't know.. maybe since Maddie was gone" Mina went quiet after that. Chaeyoung heard her sighed and looked at the sun who's about to set. "And I want you to know something as you watch the sunset" 

 

"What is it?" 

 

"That endings can be beautiful too, Mina.." 

 

Chaeyoung put the left air pods on Mina's ear and put the other one on her. She fumbled on her phone and picked a music to listen to. 

 

Playing: All I Ever Need by Austin Mahone 

(listen to it too if you want so you'd feel their emotions more :)) 

 

Don't the water grow the trees?

Don't the moon pull the tide?

Don't the stars light the sky?

Like you need to light my life

 

If you need me anytime

You know, I'm always right by your side

See, I've never felt this love

You're the only thing that's on my mind

 

Chaeyoung held Mina's hand and scooted over until their shoulders were touching. They stared at each other's eyes and gave the most genuine smile they could give. 

 

You don't understand how much you really mean to me

I need you in my life

You're my necessity

 

But believe me that you're everything

That just makes my world complete

My love is clear, the only thing that I'll ever see

 

"You're all I ever need..." Chaeyoung sang along as she's watching over Mina. "Baby you're amazing... you're my angel come and save me" 

 

With the music still playing on the background, Mina pointed at the sun. It's beautifully setting and she'd never been this happy to watch something to fade. 

 

Truly, endings can be beautiful too. And it's more beautiful because they are beside each other. 

 

After dinner, they decided to stay at their veranda. They drank wine while enjoying their night view. Mina admiring the stars, and Chaeyoung admiring her brightest star.. Mina. 

 

"Baby.. I'd like to talk something to you" Chaeyoung started. They need to talk this out, so that Chaeyoung would have her peace of mind too. 

 

"Hmm?" Mina looked at her while playing with the wine inside her wine glass.

 

"It's about an upcoming project.. I just need to know your opinion"

 

"Oh. Is this where my mom is involved?" Mina turned around and leaned at the railings. "Baby I thought you'll never open up about it"

 

Chaeyoung shook her head and chuckled. "Of course, you already know. So.. what do you say? Should I go for it or not?"

 

"Chaeng, that magazine shoot is a big project from my mom. I know you'll do well with it and you should never take for granted that rare chance"

 

"But Mina.. we won't be seeing each other for a whole month" Chaeyoung walked over to her and held Mina's hand. "Will you be okay with it?"

 

"If I'm gonna be honest, of course no, Chaeng.. God knows how I'll miss you everyday" Mina cupped Chaeyoung's cheek. "But I couldn't let myself to be a hindrance for your career, baby.. I promised to support you no matter what, right?"

 

"Baby, I know.. but if you really don't want to I wouldn't give a single care about my career. Just say no, Mina, and I won't go" Chaeyoung's eyes were sincere like her words.

 

"Chaeng, it's okay, I'm okay with it. Don't worry too much about me. My mom and Jihyo unnie will take care of me, you know that.."

 

"But-"

 

"Shh!" Mina placed a finger on Chaeyoung's lips to quiet her down. "It's just a month, days passed by so quick. We'll be fine.."

 

"I'll miss you so much.. God, just thinking about it is already making me crazy" Chaeyoung whispered as she hugged Mina.

 

"That's just it, love.. we're just gonna miss each other. But nothing will change. When you come back, I'm still your wife. And so are you to me.. right?"

 

And they shared a sweet passionate kiss under the glowing moon and shining stars.

 

"Of course, Mina.. nothing will change" 

 

Or so they thought..