Chapter 6

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

A red rose is sitting on Mina's table the morning she went for work. She was confused and wasn't sure if it's really for her or someone just accidentally put it there for a moment. Mina roamed her eyes on their office to see if the owner is there but there's just five people inside, since it's still early and all of them are doing their own businesses. So she picked up the flower and noticed that there was a note sticked on it and out of her curiosity, she read it.

 

 

'Happy Valentine's Day, Mina.

 

 

- She'

 

 

And that was the moment that Mina knew that the flower was really for her. But.. who will give this to her? what "she"? A girl? She hadn't have a proper breakfast and ransacking her brain like this is just making her head ache.

 

 

"Ohh, still Valentine's here I see" Mina lifted her head up just to be greeted by Eunha's teasing smile. "Someone's got an admirer huh"

 

 

"What admirer? No.." Mina answered defensively. "maybe someone in the office just decided to give everyone a flower, you know"

 

 

Eunha laughed at her while she encircle her arms onto Mina's. "Ohh missy.. have you seen any flower on my table? hmm?" Well.. true enough..

 

 

Mina just shrugged about it she really has pile of works to do and she just can't waste her time to think about who gave her the flower. Just thank you I guess.

 

 

"Come on Mina.. I'm really starving" Eunha whined beside her and Mina could only just shake her head. She just can't let her lunch past like that.

 

 

"Alright, alright.. let's go"

 

 

The cafeteria was already packed with people when they arrived. Mina also spotted that there's a long line waiting to order. 

 

 

"Eunha, why don't you find us a vacant table and I'll order our food?" 

 

 

Eunha nodded in agreement. "Alright, let's split up. I'll have what you'll order" 

 

 

Mina then fall in line while peaking at today's menu, deciding what they should have. It's almost a ten minutes of waiting before she could finally order. Mina waited for another five minutes for the food and starts to find Eunha in the middle of the crowd. Luckily, Eunha spotted her first and she stood up and waved her hands trying to get Mina's attention. 

 

 

"Hey Mina, over here!" Eunha said when she's already nearing the table. Mina noticed that there's already a person sharing on their table. Then the girl turned around and smiled at her. 

 

 

"I saw Sowon sitting alone here so I asked if we could share with her and she agreed. I hope you wouldn't mind Mina" Eunha explained. 

 

 

Mina shook her head quickly. "Oh not at all. In fact, we should be the one saying that to Sowon. Is it okay if we'll share the table with you?" 

 

 

"Yes, no problem. It's not fun to eat alone, right?" She chuckled. 

 

 

They began eating and Mina was just quiet the whole time, but sometimes she'll interact if she's being asked. Mostly it's just Eunha who's doing the chit-chat, knowing how talkative she is. 

 

 

"Mina is it okay if I go back first? I still need to run some errands at a different floor" Eunha said as she also finished eating first, she's already wiping and cleaning her plates. 

 

 

"Oh, okay. I'm almost done eating though" 

 

 

"You can just come with me, Miss Mina. If it's okay with you" Sowon interrupted and Mina looked at her and smiled sheepishly. 

 

 

"It's settled then. I'll get going, see you at the office Mina" and Eunha started walking away. 

 

 

Sowon and Mina didn't took that long to also leave the cafeteria, although they did stopped by at the restroom first. They were now at the elevator and Mina is almost at her designated floor. 

 

 

"Thank you again for sharing your table with us, Sowon" 

 

 

"It's not a big deal, its not like that was my property anyway" and they both laughed, because it was true. But Mina just wanted to say thank you. "Besides, you can always share the table with me since I told you, it's not fun eating alone. You and Eunha, I mean of course"

 

 

"Okay, if you say so" Mina smiled at her and the elevator door opened. "See you tomorrow at lunch, then" 

 

 

When Mina returned, Eunha is already doing something on her table. She also wasted no time to go back on what she's doing. Mina glanced once again at the flower and she decided to put it almost behind her computer since she's also planning to just put it there and not bring it at home. The last thing I want from this tiring day is to deal with a jealous cub. 

 

 

'Baby, I'm already outside' 

 

 

Mina's phone dinged as she was already logging out from work. She quickly entered the elevator, she was really exhausted the whole day and she wants a hug from her wife right now. Mina is already walking to Chaeyoung's car when someone called her from behind. 

 

 

"Mina!" She turned around only to see Eunha almost panting, and in her hand she's waving the flower that Mina PURPOSELY left on her table. Great, Eunha. Just great. 

 

 

"You left your flower, silly girl" Eunha stated once she's already in front of Mina. She didn't know what to say, she wants to scold her workmate but of course, she can't. 

 

 

"Oh, t-thank you.." 

 

 

"Alright, I'll get going now. Seems like your boyfriend is already waiting for you" Eunha said as she glanced at Chaeyoung's car. "Take care!" 

 

 

Mina doesn't know what to do as she was walking to her wife's car. It's like she was dragging something so heavy on her feet. There's no way that Chaeyoung didn't saw her and Eunha, and knowing her wife she knows she's already thinking of worst things right now. And Mina was right, because as soon as she opened the car door, Chaeyoung's brow are already connected to each other.

 

 

"Last time she's hugging you and now, giving you flowers? Really Mina?"

 

 

Mina sighed and put her seat belt quietly. "Well hello to you too, Chaeyoung. Will you please calm down and let me explain?"

 

 

"Explain what? I already saw everything!" Chaeyoung's voice was already raising and Mina, oh, she doesn't like someone raising her voice at her and the fact that Chaeyoung knows it made her more upset that she's already is.

 

 

But of course, she had to calm down. There's no good that will happen if she'll clash with Chaeyoung's anger. "Baby, look.. she didn't give me the flowers okay? It just looks like that because I forgot the flower on my table so she just gave it to me"

 

 

"Really? Okay then so who gave you the flowers?" Chaeyoung was looking intently at her and Mina could just gulp because her gaze is making her nervous.

 

 

"Uhh.. it was.. it was at my table this morning. Everyone.. at the office has that" Okay, damn it. White lies won't hurt right? Is it considered a white lie? Oh I don't know anymore. "Please baby, it's really nothing and you don't need to be jealous of Eunha. I'm tired, can we not fight please?"

 

 

Chaeyoung just looked at her and didn't say anything and honestly, her silence can sometimes make Mina nervous. She have no idea on what's going on in her mind, if she already believed Mina or not. But regardless of that, Mina still hugged and kissed Chaeyoung, which she was glad because she kissed back and they drove away.

 

 

"Mommy?" Mina was about to take a shower when she saw Maddie peak at their bedroom door.

 

 

"Yes baby? Come in, what is it?"

 

 

Maddie opened the door wide and entered, she was carrying a book with her. "I have a homework mommy and I need help"

 

 

"Oh, let me see" Maddie handed her the book and Mina scanned it for a moment. "Let me just take a quick shower and wait for me at your room, okay?"

 

 

"Alright mommy, thank you!" Maddie beamed her a smile.

 

 

"But where's your mom? Did you see her?"

 

 

"Yes mommy, she's at the living room but she's already doing something and she told me to ask for your help instead" Mina nodded and watched Maddie went out. She was sure that Chaeyoung is still upset with her because if not, she would be the one to say that to her instead of Maddie or rather, she'll help Maddie herself.

 

 

Mina sighed as the warm water flowed on her body, it's like all her tiredness were also being washed away. But when she thinks about the flower, the mysterious sender of it, and her white lies with her wife, it's making her head hurt. This is why she doesn't want to bring home that flower in the first place, because firstly she doesn't want to give a care on who gave it to her and second, she knows too well that this will happen. It will just lead to her and Chaeyoung fighting. Ugh Eunha! She really wants to blame Eunha for this but she too just have no clue that all of this will happen.

 

 

As soon as Mina finished taking a shower, she slid into her comfortable sleep wear and quickly blowed dry her hair. She was already so sleepy when she's doing it. Freshening up before going to bed really helps her to get some good sleep. She doesn't even finished drying her hair when she gave in to her bed and let her sleepiness take her to the dreamland.

 

 

"Oh !" Mina exclaimed and sprung up on their bed when the alarm clock rang. "Oh my God it's already morning.. Maddie.."

 

 

She quickly went out of their room as soon as she remembered that she was supposed to help Maddie with her homework last night. Damn it, Mina! Maddie wasn't in her room so she went straight to the kitchen and she saw her daughter already eating breakfast prepared by her wife.

 

 

"Mom I'm done eating" Maddie said as soon as she saw Mina. She stood up and put her plate on the sink. Chaeyoung just stared at Mina and she knows what that look tells, a look of disappointment.

 

 

"Hey bub.." Mina stopped Maddie whe she was about to passed by her by the door. "I'm sorry last night, mommy fell asleep"

 

 

Maddie just stared at her and she knows her baby is upset at her. "It's okay mommy. I'm gonna take a bath now"

 

 

Mina was left standing there just watching Maddie enter her room, her heart ache so much. It was really her fault and she hates it.

 

 

"Next time don't promise anything if you can't fulfill it" Chaeyoung said across the room, sipping her coffee.

 

 

"I already said sorry it really slipped my mind. I was so tired yesterday"

 

 

"This is why I told you that you shouldn't have gone back to work. See? You're already neglecting your duties as a mom for Maddie" Chaeyoung's words stab her like a knife. She knows that she's also upset at Mina but can she choose more nice words?

 

 

"What?! Neglicting my duties as a mom? Really Chaeyoung?" Mina can't control her anger anymore, she was just about to explode. "I just forgot last night and here you are, judging the whole years that I was a mom to Maddie!"

 

 

"Just quit that ing work, Mina. You don't even need it"

 

 

"No, Chaeyoung. I won't quit! Stop including my work here just because you don't really want me to do it since the very beginning" Mina's heart is pounding so hard. Too many emotions that wants to be laid out.

 

 

"Really now, Mina? Or you just don't wanna quit because you already have someone flirting with you there?!" Chaeyoung already snapped at her now. Their angers are already clashing.

 

 

"So this is also about your jealousy? Huh! I can't ing believe you Son Chaeyoung!"

 

 

"Whatever it is just quit, Mina! For s sake I can provide for you and Maddie. I can provide for this family. Don't you trust me?" Chaeyoung was also breathing heavily now. "I'm doing it for seven ing years now!"

 

 

"Don't make me feel useless Chaeyoung! Don't make me feel that I was just a free loader for you all those years!" And that's it. Mina walked away before they could even start saying words that they'll gonna regret soon. She entered their room and there she poured all her tears, along with all the pent up emotions she's been feeling since last night.

 

 

Chaeyoung was left in the kitchen, dumbfounded. Trying to process everything that happened, and every words she spat out. And all she could do is brush her face with her hands out of frustration.

 

 

"You really up big time, Son Chaeyoung"