Chapter 34

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Chaeyoung's condition is getting a little worse as days passed but she's enduring it. She's still living her life like it's normal... just that it's not anymore. There's been countless of sleepless nights. Crying over everything, on how everything became like this.

 

And the most painful part of living everyday is missing Mina...

 

and knowing that she can't be with her anymore. 

 

Those days were just spent of Chaeyoung burying herself to work. At this point, she's just really killing herself for overworking too much. Her chronic headaches are getting worse that she had to drink painkillers every five hours. It's like her life already depended on it.. and she hates it. 

 

Can I just end everything? 

 

Chaeyoung wondered how is Mina right now, what is she doing, what her days and nights are like. She wonders if she misses her too or think about her like how Chaeyoung is everyday. 

 

Is she hurting like how I'm hurting? Or... she's starting to forget and unlove me now? 

 

Another day of being busy with their recent project, the deadline is nearing so they had to double their work. Chaeyoung was editing some photos when the door opened and a nervous Yeri came in. 

 

"Chaeng... someone's uh.. looking for you" 

 

"Who?" she asked, brows furrowed. But she stood up quickly in shock upon seeing who it is. 

 

Taeyeon.. 

 

I knew that this day will come.. I am prepared for this. 

 

"Chaeng.." Somi called unto her and held her arms, she's worried for her. 

 

"It's okay" Chaeyoung reassured the both of them and started walking to Taeyeon. 

 

Taeyeon was just standing by the door, roaming her eyes around their office. She looked calm but her aura screams so much anger. 

 

Chaeyoung gulped before calling her. "M-mom..." 

 

Taeyeon looked at her with single brow raised. Once Chaeyoung is in front of her, Taeyeon.. slapped her. Hard. 

 

She heard how Somi and Yeri gasped at the back. Chaeyoung held her throbbing face, she could feel it heating up. Her eyes watered but she still took the courage to look at Taeyeon. 

 

"That's for hurting my daughter. You useless brat!" Taeyeon gripped her left arm, it's so tight she's sure it'll leave hand marks on it. "And don't you ever call me 'mom' again"

 

Taeyeon walked out of their office, leaving Chaeyoung dumbfounded. But she knows she had to give an apology to Mina's mom. So she ran to her before Taeyeon could enter her car. 

 

"A-aunt Taeyeon... I'm sorry.." 

 

"I don't need your sorry, kid! My daughter is already hurt! How dare you do this to her... when all she did was love you and fight for you. She even disobeyed me just for you!" 

 

Chaeyoung doesn't even know what to say anymore. She just stood there, swallowing and accepting all that Taeyeon is saying to her. 

 

"You know what this is why I never liked you even all these years! Because I know that you're really just gonna hurt my daughter in the end. I should've saved her from you from the very start" Taeyeon glared and pointed at her. "You ruined Mina's life! Jackson would have treated her better" 

 

Ah.. right. Jackson is still who she wants for Mina. I was never her choice for Mina. I will never be accepted as Mina's wife. 

 

"But I must thank you now, for doing the initiative to leave my daughter's life. Thinking about it right now, why would Mina still stick with you? Maddie is already gone... your marriage? It's all pointless now" Taeyeon opened the car door, ready to leave. But before doing so, she turned to look at Chaeyoung again. 

 

"So just take responsibility of your actions and do me, or rather, everyone a favor. Do it, leave Mina. And never come back" 

 

Since that day, Chaeyoung pondered on Taeyeon's words everyday. She's getting convinced that everything Taeyeon said was right. Mina is better off without her. 

 

But it doesn't change the fact that she still misses her and cares for her. That even from afar, she's willing to see Mina and make sure she's okay. Everyday, she would park not far from Mina's workplace and wait for her to go home. She'll tail her car until she's sure that Mina had gone home safe. 

 

"Chaeng, can you give me a ride today? My car is at the mechanic" Somi asked her when they're already done for the day. 

 

"Okay but.. I need to stop at Mina's workplace first" she could see how Somi sighed but still agreed and sat on the front seat. 

 

Chaeyoung was tailing Mina's car like how she usually do but her brows furrowed when Mina started to take a different route. 

 

"Where is she going?" she mumbled to herself. 

 

"Why? Is this not her way home?" Somi asked and Chaeyoung shook her head. 

 

After a while, she saw Mina parked her car in front of a pharmacy. But she didn't saw her go out or she just missed it since she also parked her car. 

 

"Where is she? Did you see her?" 

 

Somi nodded. "She went inside the pharmacy" 

 

Chaeyoung got nervous and a little worried. 

 

Why would she go there? Is she sick? 

 

Mina came back after how many minutes and drove off again. They were nearing the bus terminal when Mina suddenly parked her car on the sidewalk. Chaeyoung slowed down to watch what's happening and she saw how frustrated Mina is when she got out. 

 

"Wait, I'll just check on her" 

 

Before she could go out, Somi held her arm and stopped her. "Are you out of your mind?! You're just ruining your own plan! Don't go out, Chaeyoung!" 

 

"No! She might need help" she brushed off Somi's hand and went out. 

 

Mina looked so surprised upon seeing her, she's nervous based on how she called Chaeyoung and she knows it. There she knows that her car won't start. Chaeyoung wanted to praise herself for taking the courage of approaching Mina. It's getting dark and she doesn't want Mina to wait here alone. 

 

She felt so relieved when Mina agreed to ride with her home. It was the least she could do and also.. she's happy with the thought of Mina being inside of her car again after a long time. 

 

"Mina, wait!" she tried to stop her but she already opened the door. 

 

Chaeyoung may not seen what Mina's reaction is, but the fact that she saw how her shoulders dropped upon seeing Somi, is already enough. She watched as Mina sat on the back seat without even looking at her. Chaeyoung sighed on herself and also entered the car. 

 

, of all time, why does Somi needs to be here now?! Great Chaeyoung... you hurted Mina once again. 

 

Chaeyoung could feel the tension between the three of them and the awkward silence that's being too loud. But suddenly... there's music. 

 

Ah. I know how she loves listening to music while we're on a ride. 

 

Chaeyoung can't help but to smile to herself, thinking that not everything changed. She looked at the rear view mirror and their eyes met. At that single smile from Mina... her heart bloomed a little. 

 

But of course, Somi had to ruin the moment. Chaeyoung was mentally cursing her for causing such a ruckus over a music. 

 

It's just a ing music! I don't even know that she hates it. 

 

Chaeyoung had to quickly turn it off, afraid that Mina might want to leave. She muttered "I'm sorry", clearly directed to Mina but she's not sure if Mina knows it. She's just sorry.. for a lot of things. 

 

"Anyway, Mina.. how are you?" Surely, Somi doesn't even know when to shut up. Chaeyoung just wish that she's just not here with them. She doesn't even need to pick a fight with Mina. Is she doing this on purpose because she still likes me? "I hope you're already doing fine and have finally moved on. Because you have no choice in the first place, right?" 

 

"Yeah. I'm doing.. better" 

 

She's... doing better. Why does it hurt to hear that you are doing better? Without me... 

 

Chaeyoung can't help but to glance over Mina while Somi kept on blabbering stupid lies. She watched how Mina's eyes are starting to well up, how she rummaged her things at the back as if wanting to leave. She saw how Mina's hurt when Somi held her hand. 

 

And as she expected, Mina wanted to get off now. She tried to argue, she tried to insist on taking her home. But as always, she lose. Chaeyoung could never force Mina to do something she doesn't even want. Chaeyoung had to let her go. 

 

Chaeyoung watched as Mina ran hurriedly, as if doing her best to stay away from her. It hurted like hell. She wanted to ran to her and just hug her. 

 

"Get out of my car" Chaeyoung said in an angry tone. She already made up her mind. 

 

I am going to follow Mina and it, whatever happens. All I know is I need to follow her. And... apologize. 

 

Somi slammed the door angrily but she had no time for that. Chaeyoung quickly drove off to their house. She was accelerating her car too much so that she could go to Mina as fast as she could. As her car was nearing their apartment building, she was so nervous. 

 

She parked at the dark side of the road and quickly got out. Chaeyoung could see how Mina is walking like a robot, fully knowing that she's crying again. She was about to ran towards her, to just hold her and tell her that she's sorry and just apologize for everything. 

 

But.. Chaeyoung stopped midway. She stood there by the lamp post, holding onto it as she felt her legs got weaker. 

 

There's Jackson.. waiting for Mina. She saw how he held Mina carefully by the arm. How Mina cried on him. 

 

How... Jackson hugged her tightly. How Mina found comfort on that hug, on Jackson's chest. 

 

That... that should be me. 

 

I was supposed to be your crying shoulder, my love.. 

 

Is this it? Is this how hurt you felt when I told you I love somebody else? 

 

Jackson even handed Mina a handkerchief, to wipe the tears Chaeyoung gave her. He even draped a jacket over Mina.. and it hurted like hell for Chaeyoung. To see how someone else is taking care of her beloved wife. 

 

She watched them as they go inside the building and it became too much for Chaeyoung. She had to leave, she can't help her thoughts of thinking that Mina and Jackson are together right now on their house. 

 

Chaeyoung cried inside her car, punching the steering wheel. It triggered her headache again which made her dizzy. But nothing can compare to the pain she's feeling right now. 

 

I brought this to myself, right? I did all of this so I shouldn't be acting like this! 

 

I deserve this. I deserve this pain. 

 

But.. it still hurts to see you on someone else's arms. 

 

Chaeyoung suddenly remembered what Taeyeon said to her. 

 

"You ruined Mina's life! Jackson would have treated her better" 

 

Seeing how Jackson treated Mina right now, Chaeyoung realized that Taeyeon was right after all. 

 

If Mina ended up with Jackson since from the start, she wouldn't be in this kind of pain. 

 

Mina would've been living a different life. No pain, no grief, no tears. Mina would've been very happy. 

 

Now, I'm sure.. I really ruined Mina's life. 

 

Mina is really better off without me. 

 

And me.. I'm better off dead.