Chapter 9

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Mina was so sleepy as she's typing on her computer. She kept on yawning and wiping the tears that are forming in her eyes. Chaeyoung had to leave early so she also needs to wake up at the same time, Mina actually tried to go back to sleep but she was afraid that her and Maddie would just be late.

 

 

"Stop yawning, missy. You're infecting me with your sleepiness!" Eunha whined and also yawned.

 

 

"I'm sorry.." Mina laughed. "I woke up so early that's why"

 

 

Eunha stood up and Mina's eyes followed her until she finally left their office. She continued doing her workloads, trying to fight her sleepiness away. But no matter how hard she tries to fight it, she's really dozing off. 

 

 

"Here.." Mina was literally startled when the bottled coffee made a loud thud when Eunha placed it on her table. "To help you stay awake" 

 

 

Mina smiled at her and quickly opened it. "Oh I really need caffeine.. thanks, Eunha! I'll treat you later" 

 

 

Mina winked at her and they both laughed. "No need, just.. stay awake" 

 

 

The coffee really helped her because Mina was able to survive the whole day without giving in to her sleepiness. Talking to Chaeyoung also made her more alive, specially when she's assured that her wife arrived there safely. 

 

 

"Wait, Mina.. where are you going?" Eunha asked in confusion when Mina just kept on walking with her to the parking lot. 

 

 

"There?" Mina answered while pointing at her car. She almost laughed on Eunha's shocked face. 

 

 

"Wait! You know how to drive?! Well, of course since you have one here.." Eunha was literally answering her own questions. "But, where's your boyfriend? Why didn't he pick you up?" 

 

 

"Stop asking questions, I need to go" Mina playfully nudged at Eunha while she enter her car. "And I don't have a boyfriend. See you tomorrow!" 

 

 

Mina has already picked up Maddie when her phone rang, it was her mom. She connected it to the car before answering it. 

 

 

"Hey mom, everything okay?" 

 

 

"Yes Mina, I just want to invite you over for a dinner" Mina could hear clanking of utensils, which she suspect that her mom is already cooking. "Chaeyoung is not around right? You can eat and sleep here if you want" 

 

 

"Alright mom, but we need to go home first to get mine and Maddie's clothes for tomorrow. Wait for us there" then Mina hanged up and turned to Maddie. 

 

 

"We're going to sleep at grandmom's house. Do you like that, bub?" she smiled at her and the news got Maddie so excited. 

 

 

"Yes mommy! I want to sleep there so I could play with Mochi" Mochi, her mom's dog. Ever since Maddie saw it and had the chance to play with it, she's been bugging her and Chaeyoung to get one for her. But of course, they won't allow it because no one will take care of it.

 

 

"Okay okay, you can play with Mochi all you want" Maddie gets so giddy at the back and Mina could only shook her head from too much smiling on how cute her daughter is.

 

 

Once they arrive home, Mina packed some of her and Maddie's clothes that they need for tomorrow. She also helped Maddie to take bath first and changing her clothes into her favorite pink bunny sleepwear. Mina let Maddie watch cartoons first while she's also preparing. 

 

 

Before taking a shower, Mina decided to call Chaeyoung first so that she could update her about their sudden sleepover. She knows her wife won't mind, in fact she knows Chaeyoung would bel glad because her and Maddie won't be alone but still, she wants Chaeyoung to know. The line just kept on ringing, it was already her third try. Mina checked the time and it's almost six in the evening, there's no way they are still doing a shoot. 

 

 

After her fifth try, the call was already picked up. Mina let out a sigh of relief. "Baby?" 

 

 

"Hello? Mina?" A familiar voice answered, but again, it's not her wife. It was Somi. Again. 

 

 

"Hey.. where's Chaeng?" 

 

 

"Oh sorry, I have her phone. She was so busy the whole day, and also I'm not with her as of the moment. I'm buying some food for us" Somi explained on the other line. 

 

 

Mina walked back and forth while biting her thumb, thinking. "Okay. Please give her phone to her once you arrive back and tell her to call me. Thanks, Somi" 

 

 

"Alright! No biggie" Mina ended that call as fast as she can. She was trying so hard not to get upset but she failed, she just can't. Mina was telling herself that there's no need to be jealous about a little thing such as that but then, she remembered.. This is the second damn time she has my wife's phone and answered my damn call! 

 

 

Mina took a deep breath and decided to finally take a cold shower, hoping that it will ease some angry nerves. As long as they were done and all the things that they need to bring are packed, Mina finally drove to her mom's house. She was going crazy as she can't focus on the road, she kept on glancing at her phone but still, no messages or calls from Chaeyoung. 

 

 

As soon as she parked on her mom's front porch, Taeyeon was already waiting for them outside. Her mom quickly went to the side where Maddie is and helped her daughter to get out of the car. 

 

 

"Hi, mom.." Mina hugged and kissed Taeyeon as soon as she entered the house. "Thanks for inviting us over" 

 

 

"Of course baby, you know I always miss Maddie and you" Taeyeon smiled at her while hanging her coat on the coat rack. 

 

 

"Mochi!" Maddie squealed when the dog ran down from the stairs and started barking. Her daughter welcomed the puppy with a big hug and started playing with her. 

 

 

Mina smiled at that sight and walked over Maddie to kiss her on the head. "Just play here with Mochi, okay? We will be at the kitchen" 

 

 

Taeyeon was still cooking when Mina entered, she looked over and her tummy growled because the food looks so delicious and it made her hungry. 

 

 

"Oh how I miss your home cooked foods, mom" Mina confessed as she walked over the table. There's ingredients of kimbap laying there. "Should I make this?" 

 

 

"Go on, Minari. Let's see if you still have the skill" Her mom . 

 

 

Mina started making the kimbap while still talking with her mom, trying to catch up on their lives. She's also peaking over Maddie from time to time just to make sure that she's okay and as of that moment, she's running around the house while Mochi was trying to catch her. Maddie's giggle filled the house and it was very heart melting. 

 

 

"Maddie really loves Mochi, mom. She's going crazy about your puppy" 

 

 

Taeyeon laughed and also watch Maddie played with the dog. "I know.. sometimes I'm wondering if she wants to stay here because of me or foe her to play with Mochi all day" 

 

 

"Maybe its the latter, mom" Mina can't help but to laugh, it was refreshing having her mom to talk to. "Anyway, mom, how's Jihyo unnie? She rarely calls, I wonder if she has plans on going home" 

 

 

Taeyeon snickered while putting the food on the table. "That sister of yours is stressing me out, Mina. I don't know if she still remembers that she has a family or not. Can't even call her mom!" 

 

 

"Mom, calm down.. I'm sure she's not forgetting about us, okay? Maybe she's just too busy. She'll call.." Mina tried to assure her mom even though she's also worried about her sister. 

 

 

"She better be! Jihyo isn't even answering my calls nor replying to my messages" 

 

 

"I'll try calling her later, mommy. Don't worry" 

 

 

Mina was at her fourth kimbap when her phone suddenly rang, she almost jumped from her seat because of being startled. She checked the caller and finally, it's Chaeyoung. 

 

 

"I'll just answer this, mom" Taeyeon nodded at her and Mina walked away from the kitchen and walked upstairs and finally answered the call. 

 

 

"Hey love.. Somi said you called, I'm sorry" Mina doesn't know why the sound of Somi's name coming out from Chaeyoung's own mouth upsets her. 

 

 

"Is she some kind of your secretary now? Why the hell is your phone always with her?!" Mina tried so hard not to raise her voice but she made sure that the door made a loud sound as she closed it when she entered the bedroom that she and Maddie will be sleeping at. 

 

 

"Baby, I'm sorry.. I was so busy the whole day and I tried to stop her from taking it from me. Don't be mad, please.. I miss you" 

 

 

"And your phone was still with her so clearly, you didn't try hard!" Mina never argues on things like this, she rarely gets jealous too. Or maybe, this is different. Because right now, she has something to be jealous of. 

 

 

"Mina please, I'm tired.. let's not fight baby, I'll make sure it won't happen again" It was Chaeyoung's pleading voice. Mina closed her eyes tightly, taking deep breaths to calm herself down. 

 

 

Maybe, she was overreacting. "Okay.. I'm sorry for lashing out on you" 

 

 

Mina was sure she heard how Chaeyoung made a big sigh of relief. "That's okay baby, I understand.. so why did you call love?" 

 

 

"I just want to let you know that mom invited us to sleepover at her house. In fact, we're already here" 

 

 

"Really? That's nice, baby! At least I won't be worried that it's just you and Maddie at our house" Mina smiled upon hearing it, she really knows Chaeyoung. 

 

 

"I know.. and Maddie was more way happier than me, she's now playing with Mochi" Chaeyoung chuckled over the phone and Mina can't helped but to do the same. 

 

 

"Oh nooo, I bet she'll be bugging us for days again to get her a puppy" 

 

 

"That's for sure, love.. anyway how are you? Did you already have dinner?" Mina is always concerned of Chaeyoung as she mostly forgot to eat when she's over working herself. 

 

 

"No, baby. I called you as soon as I got my phone back but don't worry, I'll eat after this" 

 

 

A soft knock caught Mina's attention and the door opened widely, revealing Maddie and of course, Mochi tailing her. "Mommy, grandmom told me to call you because we will eat already" 

 

 

"Is that Maddie, babe?" Chaeyoung asked.

 

 

"Yes, love.. wait a second" Mina motioned Maddie to come and sit with her on the bed and put the call on loudspeaker. "It's your mom, go on talk to her" 

 

 

"Mom! I miss you already, when are you coming back?" Maddie was pouting while asking it and Mina can't help but to put her on her lap so she could cuddle with her. 

 

 

"Oh baby, I miss you too.. don't worry Mom will be back tomorrow afternoon, okay?" 

 

 

"Okay mom, I love you!" Maddie then tilt her head to look at Mina. "Mommy I'm hungry, let's eat" 

 

 

"Okay baby, let's say bye to mom" Mina chuckled. "Love, you heard her right? Can't keep the tigers hungry, talk to you later. I love you" 

 

 

"I know, I know" Chaeyoung laughed. "I love you too, baby" 

 

 

As soon as the phone call ended, they head downstairs. The table was already ready with so much food in it and once again, Mina felt her hunger rising. 

 

 

"Come on let's eat before the food gets cold" Taeyeon said as she sat down and Mina and Maddie followed her. 

 

 

They were so full after dinner, Mina really missed her mom's cooking. She also went to bed early that night because her sleepiness came back once she's full. The next day, she also didn't have to get up so early to prepare breakfast because her mom did it for them. It's really different when you're with your parents. 

 

 

Once she got in their office, Chaeyoung called her that they will depart a little late because they need to do some finishing touches. But she assured her that she'll be already home that day. Hours went by quickly and Mina didn't even noticed it as she was so busy but also, she's happy deep inside because she can't wait to see Chaeyoung. I miss her so much..

 

 

"Mina.. Uhm.." Eunha started when they were walking to the building's parking. "Can I ride in your car today?"

 

 

"Oh.. of course Eunha, but why? Where's your car?"

 

 

Eunha's face turned annoyed while she's thinking of her answer. "My sister borrowed it this morning, I told her that I need it but of course, can't argue with the eldest sister right?"

 

 

Mina chuckled. "Oh, I know, I feel you. It's not a big deal. Where do you want me to drop you?"

 

 

"Just at the bus terminal. I can take a ride from there" Eunha smiled and made an okay sign.

 

 

They were just a few blocks away from their building when Eunha saw someone, waiting by the road.

 

 

"Hey Mina, is that Sowon?" she said while pointing at the girl standing by the sidewalk.

 

 

Mina squinted her eyes, trying to see her face. "Yes, I think you're right. I think that's Sowon"

 

 

"I guess she's also going home, waiting for a cab" Eunha then turned to Mina. "Do you think we should as her if she want to ride with us? I mean.. if that's okay with you, this is your car"

 

 

"Sure, sure.." Mina nodded and started to slow down the car. They stopped in front of Sowon who seemed confuse not until Eunha rolled down her window.

 

 

"Hey Sowon.. are you going home already? You can come with us, Mina said it's fine. Right, Mina?"

 

 

"Yes. Come with us, Sowon" Mina peaked at her through the window and smiled at her.

 

 

"Really? Is it okay?"

 

 

Mina nodded. "Come on, hop in"

 

 

It seemed like Sowon will be dropped off first since she just lived just few blocks before the bus terminal. After going out of the car, she knocked on Mina's side of window so Mina rolled it down.

 

 

"Thanks again for the ride, Mina" Sowon smiled.

 

 

Mina smiled back at her and nodded. "No problem, Sowon. See you on monday"

 

 

They started driving away again and Eunha just kept on chatting with Mina. They got stuck on the traffic for a little minutes and Mina was starting to worry about Maddie, she still needs to pick her up from school. Luckily, after almost five minutes, they were already at the bus terminal.

 

 

"Thank you, Mina! Sorry for the inconvenience" Eunha bowed at her and waved goodbye.

 

 

Mina was steering the wheel to go to the right direction of Maddie's school when her phone rang. It was Chaeyoung.

 

 

"Hey bab-"

 

 

"Where are you, Mina?" Her voice sounded so cold, it sent shivers down on Mina's spine.

 

 

"Uh, I'm driving.. going to pick up Maddie. Why? Where are you?"

 

 

"I see.." Chaeyoung gritted her teeth. "You really dropped off that girl first before giving priority to your daughter"

 

 

Mina was stunned. How did she know? "Chaeyoung wait, where are you?"

 

 

"I was at the Starbucks then I saw your car stopped because of traffic, I tailed you. I was about to surprise you but guess what.." Chaeyoung's voice was giving a hint of hurt. "I was the one who's surprised"

 

 

"Please baby tell me where you are" Mina literally stopped driving and parked the car on the side. Trying to look out and find Chaeyoung's car.

 

 

"Just go straight home Mina. I'll take care of Maddie"

 

 

Then.. the phone call ended.