Chapter 2

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

"Good morning, Miss Mina. Welcome back!" A girl that seems to be waiting for Mina's arrival greeted her as soon as she entered the building. "I am Sowon, Ms. Yoona's secretary" 

 

 

"Good morning to you too, Sowon.. and thank you" she greeted back as she smiled.

 

 

"My pleasure. This way, ma'am" 

 

 

Mina followed Sowon as they enter the elevator. It stopped at the last floor, which Mina concluded that she still need to greet her boss. Sowon opened the door for her and let her enter the office first. 

 

 

"Ms. Yoona told me to let you wait here. She's just finishing a meeting and will be here soon" Sowon explained. 

 

 

"Alright. I'll just wait here" Mina said as she sat on the couch. 

 

 

"Anything you want, Miss Mina? Coffee?" 

 

 

"Uhm, no.. I'm fine. Don't bother" Mina gave her a smile of assurance so that she won't insist anymore. 

 

 

"Okay but if you need anything, my table is just outside" Mina silently nodded at her. "I'll leave you here now, ma'am" 

 

 

When Sowon finally left, Mina picked up her phone just to update Chaeyoung. She browsed the magazines that can be found on the coffee table while waiting, just to kill time. Then suddenly she remembered that she haven't still called her mom to inform about Maddie. She checked the time and luckily it's still hours before lunch so she hurriedly called Taeyeon. 

 

 

"Hey mom.." she greeted when the line was picked up. "Are you busy today?" 

 

 

"No honey.. why? Is there a problem?" Her mom sounds worried. 

 

 

"Nothing, mommy. Just wanna let you know that it's my first day of going back to work today" 

 

 

"Really?! Why didn't you tell me sooner? I could've slept over at your house so that I could prepare your lunch today" 

 

 

"Relax mom, it's fine, I could manage" Mina chuckled. "But it's about Maddie. She wants to stay over at lunch with you" 

 

 

"Oh that's really a good news for me. How I miss that kid" Mina could only smile after hearing how much her mom adored Maddie. To be honest, Mina could tell that having Maddie really has a great impact for her relationship with her mom. Same as with Chaeyoung. Maddie was truly an angel in their family. 

 

 

"So yeah mom, can you please pick her up later?" 

 

 

"Sure honey, no need to worry. I'll just update you, okay?" 

 

 

"Thanks, mom! I need to go, my boss will be arriving soon" 

 

 

"Alright honey, goodluck on your first day. I love you!" 

 

 

"I love you too, mom. Bye!" Mina ended the call and texted Chaeyoung about Maddie and her mom. 

 

 

It wasn't that long when the door opened and her boss, Yoona, entered the office. Mina quickly stood up and bowed at her. 

 

 

"Good morning, Ms. Yoona" Mina greeted as she smiled. 

 

 

Yoona nodded and smiled back at her. "Good morning too Ms. Myoui. Sorry I had to let you wait that long" 

 

 

"Oh, no worries ma'am. It's fine" Mina reassured her. 

 

 

"Welcome back again to the company although it's different this time. I was told that you were such a great model back then, you were one of our best assets" Yoona started and it made Mina shy for some reason. Talking about not being used to compliments. 

 

 

"Oh, no ma'am.. there were more greater models than me back then. Guess it was just really my passion" Mina smiled shyly. 

 

 

"I know because I've seen some of your shots on magazines, you were really good. Made me wonder and more curious as to why you suddenly quit" Yoona looked at her and it made Mina speechless. She doesn't know what to say or to answer. It made her uncomfortable and Yoona sensed it quickly. 

 

 

"I'm sorry for asking such personal questions, Ms. Myoui" Yoona gave Mina an apologetic smile. 

 

 

"It's okay, Ms. Yoona. Regardless of my reasons, I'm still glad that I was able to represent the company as a model and to have this opportunity to go back again"

 

 

"Of course, it's our pleasure to have you back" Yoona stood in front of Mina and held out her hand for a handshake which Mina gladly took. "Welcome back again and I hope we'll be working with you for a long time, Ms. Myoui" 

 

 

Having that conversation with Yoona made Mina realized that after all these years, she still wasn't ready for everyone to know her reason of quitting. It's true that even after all these years of being in a relationship with Chaeyoung, only their families and close friends knew that they are together, has a kid, and married. This is not about Mina being scared of everyone if they knew, or being ashamed of being with someone of the same . God knows how Mina doesn't care about what will anyone say about them as long as her and Chaeyoung love each other. If it's just her, she could've shout to the whole world how proud she is to be loved by Son Chaeyoung. 

 

 

But.. this is all for her mom. This is the least that she and Chaeyoung could do for accepting the both of them, and even Maddie. This was her last request before they got the approval of marriage. To just not let everyone know. Mina already accepted the fact that she can't changed her mom and her perspective about the same- relationships. She could already consider herself lucky that her mom accepted her and Chaeyoung. Taeyeon is still afraid of the public eye, on what will they tell about Mina and their whole family. They're doing this just for Taeyeon's peace of mind and they are successful at keeping things private for years now. 

 

 

They were okay for all those past years, even the bond between Chaeyoung and Taeyeon. It may not still that intimate but at least, at some point Taeyeon is considering Chaeyoung as her daughter. And that is all Mina could ask for. But sometimes, Chaeyoung may seem okay with this set up, she may loom happy all the time but Mina knew at the bottom of her heart that Chaeyoung also wants what Mina wants. It is to let everyone know that Mina is hers, and only hers. 

 

 

This thing about being in a relationship with someone for so long is amazing and wonderful but sometimes, it's scary. To the point that even without talking to each other, yoi could somehow feel what they're feeling and know what they're thinking. If keeping things private is already hard for Mina, she could only imagine how it is for Chaeyoung. They may never talk about this all the time as it may lead to a misunderstanding, but Mina knows that it's somewhat a big deal for Chaeyoung. How I just wish I could be brave enough to defy my mom. 

 

 

Nonetheless, even if they are having these kind of struggles all through the years, Mina could say that it doesn't lessen even a single percent on how much Chaeyoung showed her love towards her. For Mina, it only made them more stronger. She was so lucky to have Chaeyoung, her love is such a blessing indeed. 

 

 

After having such heavy thoughts, Mina asked Sowon if she could go to bathroom first. Sowon was to accompany her to their department, as per the task given by Yoona. Mina get it as a chance to call Chaeyoung quickly, she just wanted to share that she's doing okay on her first day or maybe she just suddenly missed her wife after reminiscing all those thoughts. While sitting on one of the cubicles, she fished her phone from her bag and dialed Chaeyoung's number. It rang for how many times before it was finally picked up.

 

 

"Hi love! What are you doing?" Mina greeted cheerfully. 

 

 

"Hello?.." Mina was greeted by a different voice which made her looked again at the contact, thinking that she dialed a wrong number but only to creased her forehead when it clearly said that it's her wife's number. 

 

 

"Uh.. who's this? Where's Chaeyoung?" 

 

 

"Oh, shoot! Sorry Mina hey it's Somi" Mina sighed a relief when she knew that it was just Somi. 

 

 

"Hey Somi, I'm sorry I didn't recognized your voice" Mina chuckled. "Where's Chaeyoung?" 

 

 

"Chaeng is in the middle of a photo shoot right now. Her phone is in my bag and I heard it ringing so I answered it quickly. Sorry, I didn't saw it was you" 

 

 

"No, it's okay. But can you please tell her that I called? I need to go now, I have some stuffs to do" 

 

 

"Sure, sure! I'll tell her once she's done" Mina said her thank you and ended the call. Chaeyoung must be really busy right now so Mina decided to also focus on her work today. 

 

 

Sowon and her arrived at her department and guided Mina to her designated table. Mina thanked Sowon for accompanying her the whole morning before she left to go back to her own office. Mina arranged her things first, as she knows she couldn't work properly if it wasn't organized. Their department is quite big, it has five rows of working tables that fits seven employees each. Mina's table is at the last table at the fourth row which is good for her since it's near the window. 

 

 

Everyone at the department seems busy but they also bowed at her when she entered. Mina already greeted the head of their department and was already given with lots of paperworks to do. Mina glanced at the table beside her but there's still no one sitting on it. Although there's a bag so she assumed that she'll meet her workmate later when it goes back. 

 

 

Mina was already typing things on her computer for minutes straight now when suddenly, a cup of coffee was placed on her table. She looked at it, confused, then turned her head to the person standing beside her. 

 

 

"Hi! Sorry to startle you, just wanna give coffee to the new girl and my new seat mate" The girl laughed and stared at Mina who's still confused and was quite taken a back. 

 

 

"Oh, thank you for the really warm welcome" Mina also laughed as she joked while showing the coffee brought by the girl. "I'm Mina, by the way. Myoui Mina"

 

 

Mina held out her hand and the girl gladly took it. "I'm Jung Eunha, and it's nice meeting and looking forward to work with you, Mina"