Chapter 35

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Chaeyoung never thought that this day will come. She never thought even on her wildest dreams that she'll come to this point where she's already processing her and Mina's divorce papers. She's waiting at the law firm quietly with a broken heart, this is really happening.

 

She blankly stared at the envelope containing the divorce papers. Chaeyoung doesn't even have the courage to open it and read what's inside. And honestly, she's not even sure if she'll give this to Mina. 

 

Chaeyoung is already having second thoughts. 

 

On that Friday night, she called Dahyun to accompany her and have a little drink. Her only dear friend still doesn't have any idea on what's happening in her life. And if alcohol helps her tonight, she might just spill everything. 

 

"Chaeng! Long time no see!" Dahyun made a fist bump with Chaeyoung and hugged her. She then stared at Chaeyoung from head to toe. "Dude... are you on a diet? You're ing skinnier than before. And what's that? Are you and Mina always staying up late doing... wonders?" she laughed. 

 

If everything was just okay, Chaeyoung would've joined Dahyun and laugh with her. 

 

"Stop asking questions, you're too nosy! Come on let's just go inside already" she draped her arms on Dahyun's shoulder as they walked inside the bar. 

 

Chaeyoung ordered lots of beers and alcohol which she's sure is more than enough for the two of them. She just want to get drunk and wasted tonight, to at least forget everything just for a little time. The images of Mina inside Jackson's arms are still lingering on her mind, it's like invisible daggers on her chest. She immediately drank a whole bottle of beer, even though her Doctor told her that she should avoid alcohols since she's under medication. 

 

"Whoa! Whoa! Relax... we're just starting here" Dahyun removed the bottle from Chaeyoung's hand. "What's your problem? And don't say that you don't have because I'm really gonna punch you!" 

 

"I just... did terrible things. Clearly, I am a ing mess right now" 

 

Dahyun stared at her suspiciously and took a sip on her drink. "You're making me nervous! What terrible things Son Chaeyoung?!" 

 

Chaeyoung shrugged and chuckled. "You should let me drink first and get me drunk. Then maybe, you'll get something from me" 

 

The night got little deeper and they've already drank a lot. Chaeyoung is already a bit tipsy but she's still okay. It's funny how she's questioning her Doctor for prohibiting her of drinking alcoholic beverages when this quite clearly helped her to not feel her headache. 

 

"I'll go to my car quickly, Dahyun. I'll just get my phone. Stay here" she shouted so that Dahyun could hear her. Her friend nodded and gave her a thumbs up. 

 

When Chaeyoung was about to go back inside the bar after getting her phone, she saw a very familiar figure. She doesn't know if her eyes are tricking her or she's just drunk and is now hallucinating but she knows she can't be wrong. 

 

That figure is Mina. She knows it very much. The figure she's been missing for days now. 

 

But why... why is she hugging someone else again? 

 

"Mina" she called her. She saw how Mina slowly turned to her as if she saw a ghost. 

 

She knows she doesn't have a right to be this angry now but she can't help it. She's jealous, she's mad. Chaeyoung saw Mina hugged two different persons now. When her... she's aching for that hug. 

 

"I bet it's none of your business now, right? And why? You don't want me to see you flirting around?" 

 

She's starting to say mean things out of this nonsense jealousy. The alcohol is kicking hard on her brain that she can't stop arguing with Mina as of the moment. Mina's gone mad at her again, this is not what Chaeyoung has on her mind. She wanted to apologize and hug her but of course, she meant to ruin... everything. 

 

At the middle of their heated argument, another girl arrived and Chaeyoung watched them leave. A little thankful for interrupting Mina's anger.. or so she thought. 

 

It's like she sobber up by Mina's slap. An enough proof that she's really mad and at her peak point. But Chaeyoung just can't help herself and blurt out the things she's been carrying on her heart now. 

 

"Now, you're mad at me?! I was just stating a fact, Mina! I guess you really wanted to be divorced from me right? Because you already have someone!" 

 

But when Mina thrown facts at her, when she turned the tables around and Chaeyoung got reminded of the decisions she made. She got speechless and embarrassed. She doesn't even know what to say now to Mina. Chaeyoung can't even look straight at her. 

 

"Aren't you tired of this? Of always accusing me about something I didn't even do? Because Chaeyoung, I am! I am so tired of loving you!" 

 

I am so tired of loving you! 

 

I am so tired of loving you! 

 

I am so tired of loving you! 

 

Those last words kept echoing on her head, playing like the most saddest and painful music she ever heard. 

 

Right.. Mina is tired of me now. 

 

As Mina turned her back on her, Chaeyoung already made up her mind. She ran back to her car and gets the folder she's been planning to put on trash. 

 

But now, she's sure.. she's sure of giving this to Mina. 

 

Baby let's put an end to this.. to your misery. 

 

I am finally ready.. to let you go. 

 

"Here.." Chaeyoung tried to hide her shaking voice as she handed it out to Mina. "Our divorce papers. I need you to sign on it tonight and I'll get it tomorrow" 

 

And Chaeyoung walked away before she change her mind again. She ignored Dahyun who's calling her from behind and just went straight to their table and drank again. 

 

"What the was that, Chaeyoung?! What divorce? What's happening with you and Mina?!" 

 

"I told you I did terrible things, Dahyun.. and this one? It just adds up to it" 

 

Dahyun aggressively removed the glass on her hands. "Can you explain it clearly because I can't ing understand!" 

 

" it, Dahyun! I am dying!" 

 

Chaeyoung never saw Dahyun cried like that, not even when her and Momo broke up. That's when she realized that Dahyun really cared for her. And just by knowing that, Chaeyoung is already happy. 

 

A very shocking news broke out the next day that Chaeyoung regretted why she did what she did last night. Or everything... everything that she did which caused Mina to resort to that thing. Her heart was racing so fast as she ran to where Mina's hospital room is. She doesn't even waited for Somi to come with her. Chaeyoung just really wanted to see Mina immediately, to see if she's already okay. 

 

Chaeyoung was so mad, not at Mina but to herself. For making Mina pushed herself onto the very edge. Hearing Mina's words is hurting her more because she now knows how Mina is hurting more than her. 

 

"Chaeyoung.. I wanted to leave before you completely leave me. That's how much I love you.. I ing love you and I hated myself for that" 

 

This words from Mina is what made Chaeyoung lose it. Because it made her realize a lot of things. How ed up she was and how dumb these decisions are. 

 

It looks like we were both looking for an escape.. we both wanted to escape. 

 

Because that's how we love each other so much that we were so afraid to be left alone. 

 

Chaeyoung was so ready to risk it all at that moment. She was so ready to confess everything to Mina, to tell her all the truth that she deprived her to know. 

 

Chaeyoung was so ready to take Mina back and just get through this together. 

 

But... Jackson came. And it made her go crazy to see how this man is acting like he's claiming her wife in front of her. So things got out of hand, Chaeyoung and Jackson had a fight. She was so sorry for Mina, for causing a scene like that when she needed a peaceful surroundings because she's still resting. 

 

And when Chaeyoung thought that things couldn't get more worse, Somi came... and they all learn about her relationship with Jackson. 

 

Chaeyoung was so shocked and felt betrayed too. Because Somi knows.. she told her everything even about Jackson. 

 

But it turns out she's his sister and she kept it from me?! 

 

She wanted to stay longer at the hospital, to talk to Mina but she respected her decision. Chaeyoung knew she needs to rest and to be alone for a moment. When she got out, Jackson was still waiting for her. Somi is there too, already crying. 

 

"Chaeyoung, I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to hide it" Somi tried to reach for her but Jackson held her back. 

 

"Why are you even apologizing to this ?! Somi, for s sake, she made you her mistress! And you both are hurting Mina like hell!" 

 

"Oppa! Please.. you don't anything so please" she turned to look at Chaeyoung again with begging eyes. "Chaeng I'm really sorry.. please forgive me" 

 

Chaeyoung let out the most sarcastic laugh she could give upon realizing something. She ruffled her hair and glared at Somi. 

 

"It's you, right?" 

 

Somi was so confused at her question. "What.. what are you saying?" 

 

"Tell me.." Chaeyoung turned to Jackson. "Somi was with you when you saw my daughter and Mina at the convenience store, right?" 

 

Jackson brows furrowed as if not getting why Chaeyoung was asking this but still, he's thinking. Somi on the other hand widened her eyes, as if already knows where this conversation is going. 

 

"Chaeng-" 

 

"Shut up!" 

 

"Don't you ing shout at my sister!" Jackson pointed at her. 

 

"Then answer me now! Was she with you?!" 

 

"Yes! , then what about it?! What's the connection of it with all of this?" Jackson smirked at her. "Or are you just trying to put all the blame to Somi and get away with it?!" 

 

"I am not getting away with anything because I am taking responsibility to all of this" then Chaeyoung looked at Somi once again. 

 

"And you.. you're the one who sent me that ing photo right?!" 

 

Everything was just getting worse for Chaeyoung. Her health, her life, with Mina... 

 

She's in her room, curtains closed, the lights are off. When she decided to embrace the darkness, she reaally meant it. Chaeyoung just lose all the reasons to live. 

 

She didn't even go to work anymore. She's barely eating and sleeping. When she vomits, nothing is coming out. Chaeyoung wanted to be alone right now. 

 

Dying alone seems not a bad idea anymore.

 

Chaeyoung doesn't want to bother Mina anymore, she already suffered a lot from her. 

 

Mina deserves to be happy now... even if it means I am not a part of it anymore.

 

And me, I'll be fine here.. I'll be fine here alone.

 

At that moment, Chaeyoung already accepted her fate. She already accepted that her and Mina will not be the same again.

 

Chaeyoung already accepted... her death.