Chapter 14

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Mina let Maddie sat on one of the table outside the convenience store and let her eat her strawberry jelly. She walked towards Jackson who's standing not so far from the table. Just enough to keep distance to Maddie so she couldn't hear whatever they're gonna talk about. 

 

"So Mina.. Uh.. How are you?" 

 

"Well.. I'm fine, Jackson. Better even" Mina smiled at him a little, just to ease the awkwardness. "How about you? I didn't know you were in Korea" 

 

"That's good to hear! Well, I'm fine too. Actually, I'm just here for a week. I just had some stuffs to fix and in fact, I'll be flying back to US again tomorrow" 

 

"Really? Oh, I'm glad that we bumped into each other today then" 

 

"Right! It's been years since we last saw each other, I think the last time was at your party, am I right?" Mina nodded at him in response. "Honestly, after Nayeon noona told me about your accident, I was so scared I didn't know what to do. I was blaming myself for it" 

 

"No, Jackson.. please it wasn't your fault and its all in the past now. I am perfectly fine" 

 

"I know.. but still, I was so guilty. To be honest, I don't even had the guts to face you again. But Nayeon noona persuaded me to come to your party, just to apologize before I flew to US" 

 

Mina looked at him in awe. "So you really did went to US after that day? That explains why I didn't heard a single news about you" 

 

"Yeah.. I kinda went MIA" Jackson chuckled. "It was my last resort Mina and I needed to do it just to forget you" 

 

Mina went quiet. She didn't know what to say. She was feeling so guilty, she partly used and played with Jackson's feelings and she can't deny about it. 

 

"So, uh, how did you saw us?" Mina asked to clearly change the topic. 

 

"Oh I have an appointment few blocks away from here and I just felt a little thirsty so I pulled over when I saw this convenience store. I parked there.." he said as he pointed towards his car. "And I saw you walking inside, at first I was in doubt because you were with.. a kid. So I tried to follow you both and then yeah" 

 

"Maddie told me you helped her to get her jelly" 

 

"So Maddie is her name.." Mina nodded and smiled as they both looked at Maddie who's happily eating. She waved at her mommy and Mina waved back. "I never thought I'd come back here to you with a kid already. Who's the father? I mean.. or is it still.. her?" 

 

Mina gulped hard before answering. "Yeah, it's still Chaeyoung. And Maddie, she's our adopted daughter" 

 

"I see.. So it's still her at the end and until now" Jackson nodded, looking down. "I guess letting you go was still the best decision I have made, seeing how happy you are right now. Even though.. I really loved you, Mina.." 

 

Mina doesn't even know how many times she had been silent during their entire conversation. She knows that Jackson really loved her, she felt his sincere feelings towards her. But what can I do? My heart only wants.. Chaeyoung. 

 

"Hey, I'm sorry.. you know how straightforward I am" Jackson said when he noticed that Mina went silent. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. 

 

"No no, it's okay. I just felt.. guilty too. I'm really sorry for everything that happened in the past Jackson. You were such a really good man, and a friend too. Your girlfriend must be so lucky with you" Mina smiled at him genuinely. 

 

"Thank you for the compliments but Mina.. I'm still single" Jackson looked up out of embarrassment that he's feeling. 

 

"What?! Really? You're kidding right?" 

 

"No, I'm not" Jackson then looked straight into her eyes. "I think all these years, I still couldn't love anyone else the way I loved you. And it .." 

 

The surroundings went silent as they stare at each others eyes. And Mina doesn't know why she could feel those pain on Jackson's eyes. They were the same caring eyes like how they were when she first met him. Mina's heart hurts so much now that she knows she gave Jackson this much pain. 

 

Luckily, their situation was saved when Jackson's phone rang. Mina was the first one to break the eye contact and looked behind her to check on Maddie while Jackson fumbled on his pocket. 

 

"Hello?" Mina heard him. "Yes, yes.. I'll be back now. Stop nagging. Alright, bye" 

 

That was the cue for Mina to face him again. "I guess we both need to go" 

 

"Well, uh, yeah.. my sister is getting bored" Jackson chuckled. "Alright Mina, I am still so glad that I saw you today after all those years, even though I wasn't expecting to see you again" 

 

"Me too, Jackson. Thank you for still approaching me" Mina smiled at him. "Have a safe flight tomorrow" 

 

Jackson watched Mina as she held Maddie's hand towards her car and opened the door for her at the back seat. He wants to at least walk them to her car, or just help Maddie get into it but Mina insisted that she already got it. Mina beeped her car once as she was driving away and Jackson waved his hand and sighed when he can no longer see the car. 

 

"What took you so long?" his sister asked the moment he entered the car. 

 

"I just bumped onto someone. An old.. friend" He shrugged as he started the engine. 

 

"You both don't seem like 'friends' to me, I saw the two of you" she smirked. "What's your relationship with that girl, huh?" 

 

"Stop asking. It's not your goddamn business. Just put your seat belt on" His sister rolled her eyes at him. 

 

Meanwhile, Maddie and Mina already arrived at their apartment building. The convenience store was just near so it didn't took them that long. As they were waiting for the elevator to go down, Mina bends so that she could be on Maddie's eye level. 

 

"Baby, can you not tell mom about the uncle that we met today?" 

 

"Okay mommy, but why? Are we gonna lie to mom? Lying is bad, right?" Maddie's face was full of worries. And it somehow put a pang of guilt on Mina's heart. 

 

"You won't be lying to her love.. It's just that, I'll be the one to tell her about that uncle. Okay?" Maddie nodded and Mina fixed some hair strands falling on her face before standing up straight and entered the elevator. 

 

When they finally arrive home, Chaeyoung is already there, sitting on the floor on their living room. She has her eyeglass on, being so busy in front of her laptop. 

 

"Hey babe.. we're back" Mina went straight to her and kissed her lips. "Did you eat already?" 

 

"Mom! Look!" Maddie ran onto them and showed the pack of strawberry jelly. Mina got nervous because Maddie might slipped when she talks about the story of that jelly but luckily, she didn't. 

 

"Wow bub! That's a lot of jellies. Make sure to drink a lot of water okay?" Maddie nodded and ran away to her room. Mina actually sighed in relief. 

 

"Anyway babe, I haven't eaten anything yet and my head is already aching so bad because of this" Chaeyoung leaned back and closed her eyes as Mina started to massage her temples. 

 

"Why? What happened?" 

 

"This is due on Monday and some of the pictures got corrupted. Yeri and I already fixed some but there's still a lot left" Chaeyoung sighed and hugged Mina, she rested her face on her neck. "Glad you're already here, I need to recharge" 

 

Mina chuckled because her wife could really be this clingy and she isn't complaining. She gently her hair because she knows it'll help her to relax. "Baby, did you already bought a ticket for tomorrow?" 

 

Chaeyoung fixed her position and sat up straight again. "Already did. We're ready for tomorrow, don't worry" 

 

Seeing Chaeyoung so stressed like that which also caused her to have headache and almost slept very late that night, Mina decided that it would be the best to not add to that stress anymore. She would just buy some time and find a perfect timing to tell Chaeyoung about her, meeting Jackson today. 

 

The next day, they were woken up by an excited Maddie who woke up so early and jumped on their bed. 

 

"Mommy! Mom! Wake up, wake up! It's Lotte World day today" 

 

They both squinted their eyes and Mina could only laugh at their child. She grabbed Maddie so she could hug her and Chaeyoung turned around to join them. 

 

"Okay baby, we know.. let's prepare now" After hearing what her mommy said, Maddie immediately ran out of their room and Mina could only guess that she's already gonna take a bath. 

 

They arrived at Lotte World at almost past ten in the morning. Since it's Sunday, it's packed with a lot of people, mainly adults and kids. Chaeyoung purchased a ticket online so they don't need to line up to buy, they just went straight to the South Gate to claim their tickets. And Chaeyoung was really reliable when it comes to this, she really bought the Lotte World's Premium Magic Passes. Her reason was so they won't need to queue just to hop on a ride. 

 

As soon as they entered, they were greeted by the outdoor area of Lotte World which is called the "Magic Island". Maddie pointed excitedly at the princess castle and dragged the both of them to go there. She was really happy because just like other little girls, her dream was to be a Princess! Chaeyoung took a lot of pictures there, solo shots of Maddie, with Mina and the three of them. 

 

They roamed around the Magic Island and stopped at the foot of the most famous Gyro Swing. The people riding were screaming and Mina almost dropped her jaw when she saw how it literally swung in 360 degrees. 

 

"Mommy it's so scary!" 

 

"I know baby and there's no way we'll ride that" Mina seconded. Chaeyoung pouted because there's no way she could win an argument over this. 

 

They walked straight to the indoor area which is called the "Lotte World Adventure". A staff or more like a guide told them that there's a prepared route for families like them who has a kid. For their convenience, Mina and Chaeyoung decided to just follow the route on the map. 

 

The first location can just be found at the first floor, it is "The Adventure of Sinbad". Every ride can occupy at least twenty passengers, and because of their magic free pass, the three of them managed to sit at the third row from the front. It was a little scary because it was so dark, Maddie kept on clinging to the both of them and covering her ears every time the talking temple wall talks. They got a bit wet too since it's sailing on an underground waterway. Mina and Maddie are both getting startled every time there's a fire-breathing three-headed dragon that will show up. And Chaeyoung was like enjoying their reactions more than the view of the ride. 

 

It was already nearing lunch time and Maddie said she's already hungry. They decided to go to the Lotte World Houses to grab some food before they proceed to follow their map again. After eating, they were just walking to enjoy the view and look at the different stores. 

 

"Mom, there's an ice cream" Maddie tugged at Chaeyoung and pointed at the ice cream cart. "Can I buy please?" 

 

"Alright. Come back quickly, okay? Mommy and I will wait for you here" 

 

The both of them sat on one of the benches while looking for Maddie from time to time. 

 

"Baby are you tired?" Chaeyoung asked Mina when she saw her stretching her feet. 

 

"No babe, just stretching" she chuckled. "How about you? Are you enjoying? Is your head still hurting?" 

 

"I am fine baby.. as long as I see that you're both happy, I am happy too" Chaeyoung grabbed Mina's hand and kissed it. 

 

When Maddie already finished her ice cream and they've got enough rest, they proceeded to their next location which is the Drunken Basket. The three of them sat inside a basket-shaped ride, and there's tons of it in there, also ridden by many kids and their parents. When the basket started spinning and rotating, Chaeyoung and Maddie was squealing with so much excitement. While on the other hand, Mina wanted it to stop already. She really regrets riding it. You're really gonna get drunk with all those spinning! 

 

Since Mina was still dizzy, they just let Maddie ride the Camelot Carousel alone. But before she rides it, they took a family photo first since the lights from the carousel was really beautiful. It's safe for kids to ride alone since the horses revolves in just a mellow pace. Maddie was smiling so bright and always waves at them every time her horse would passed by. 

 

"Are you still dizzy?" Chaeyoung checked on Mina as she put her arm around her shoulder. 

 

Mina quickly leaned onto her and she got so much better. "Already fine. But I'll never ride that thing again" 

 

"You're such a weak for these amusement park rides" Chaeyoung laughed and Mina elbowed her playfully. "Luckily Maddie isn't like you, she's so adventurous" 

 

"Right, I can clearly see that. I'm betting that when she gets a little older, she'll be riding those scary roller-coaster rides alone" 

 

"I just want her to be happy like this. I just want her to remember this when she gets older. I don't want her to regret that we are her parents" Chaeyoung said softly which caused Mina to look at her with loving eyes. 

 

"She won't regret, baby.. she's lucky to have you, I promise you that" Mina held her hand and gently squeeze it. 

 

"No, Mina.. I am the one who's lucky to have the both of you in my life" They stared and smiled at each other. If only I could kiss you right here right now, Mina.. I did it already. 

 

It was getting dark and the place became more magical with all those lights being lit up. The magical parade is also about to start and the three of them are getting ready to ride the Aeronauts Balloon Ride. They planned to watch the parade from above and enjoy the scenic view. Since it was an indoor balloon ride, it wasn't that high and they could still clearly see the parade below. 

 

Maddie was so happy that she kept on pointing at the Lotte World's Mascots who are dancing and waving at the audience. Mina and Chaeyoung felt like a kid at heart while watching the parade, it's like they were brought back to the old times when they were still young. 

 

Suddenly, Maddie held both of their hands which made them look at her. 

 

"Yes baby?" Mina asked. 

 

"Are you scared?" Chaeyoung got worried. 

 

But Maddie just smiled at them and held onto their hands tightly. 

 

"Thank you to the both of you Mommy and Mom.. this is the best day of my life!" 

 

Mina wants to tear up upon hearing it that she bend down to hug Maddie. She can't utter words because she can feel that her tears are welling up. 

 

"You are always welcome baby.. you know that mommy and I will do everything to make you happy" Luckily, Chaeyoung saved her and said the words she also wants to say. 

 

The fireworks suddenly made a loud boom and lit up the dark night sky. They all turned to look up and adored the different colors booming. 

 

"I love you so much mommy and mom! Thank you for choosing me as your daughter" 

 

All they could do was to kiss Maddie and let her enjoy the view once again. And Mina and Chaeyoung stared at each other once again, and shared a magical kiss above. 

 

Indeed, it was one of the best days of their lives.