Chapter 18

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Chaeyoung arrived at the hospital before it got dark. She also already bought food for dinner and congee, as per Somi's request. She went to the hospital's front desk and asked for the room number and quickly went there.

 

When she opened the room, Somi was peacefully laying on her bed watching some movies on the television. She quickly paused whatever she's watching when she saw Chaeyoung.

 

"Chaeng Chaeng~ You really came!" Somi uttered excitedly and attempted to lift her body up only to fail and groaned from pain.

 

Chaeyoung quickly went to her to help her sit on her bed. "Can you please not be stubborn? Stop moving carelessly!"

 

"You just got here but you're already nagging at me" she pouted at her but quickly pulled Chaeyoung on a tight hug. "But still, I'm so happy you're here to take care of me!"

 

"Don't act as if I have a choice. Get off me!" Chaeyoung playfully removed Somi's hands on her and gave her the plastic bag containing her food. "Eat this first while it's still warm"

 

Somi struggled on opening the container of congee and Chaeyoung saw how upset she was because of it. So she did it by herself that caused Somi to look up at her and smiled widely. "Awe~ thank you so much, Chaeyoung-ah"

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at her and sat at the sofa. She also starts eating her food because she's already starving. "Are you sure you're really sick? Or you just want to make an excuse out of work? You seemed to be pretty relaxing here" she teased because Somi was like living her best life, happily eating and watching a movie.

 

"What do you think of me? Insane?! Who would make a vacation in a hospital?" Somi threw a crumpled tissue paper at Chaeyoung and pointed at her injured arm and leg. "Can't you see my casts? I can't even open a single congee!"

 

"Alright, relax! I was just teasing you" Chaeyoung laughed and ate a big bite. "So tell me, what really happened to you?" 

 

"Can you please first help me with this?" Somi showed her an orange. Chaeyoung walked up to her and sat on her bed, peeling the orange. "I was playing with my dog, you know, Coco? And she kept on running so I tried to catch her but she suddenly ran down the stairs, I slipped and then boom! Here I am" 

 

Chaeyoung shook her head while hearing Somi's story. "You're such a sometimes. Lucky for you that's just what you get and not some serious head injury or whatever. Anyway, I can't sleep here. Is Yeri coming?" 

 

"Why? I mean.." Somi quickly shot up her head in panicked and quickly tried to calm down. "I don't know if she'll come but she said she'll try.. but if you really can't stay, it's okay I'll be fine alone" 

 

Chaeyoung stared at her, feeling a little guilty but she also thinks about Mina. She knows her wife so well, that even though she said that this is okay, she knows that deep inside her she doesn't want to let Chaeyoung go. 

 

"Okay, let's just do this. I'll wait for Yeri before I go home. Are you okay with that?" 

 

Somi beamed a smile and nodded. "Alright! I know you can't just leave me here alone" she giggled. "I hope I just recover fast since we have a schedule this week right? And I want to come with you, I mean with you and Yeri-" 

 

Somi's words were cut off by the sudden rang of Chaeyoung's phone which is just laying on the bed. They both saw who's the caller and Chaeyoung quickly stood up to answer it while Somi made a face. 

 

"Hi baby.." Chaeyoung said as she walked out of Somi's room. 

 

Somi stared at her until she closed the door and angrily volumed up the movie she's watching. "That girl wouldn't just leave us alone!" she grumbled. 

 

"Hey babe.. I just wanna check up on you. Are you already there?" 

 

"Yes love, minutes ago. I also already ate dinner" Chaeyoung leaned on the wall and put her free hand on her pocket. "How about you and Maddie? Are you okay there? Did you already eat?" 

 

"Yeah we're fine, just finished talking with mom. Jihyo unnie already told her everything and luckily, mom understood it" Mina sighed on the other line. "Anyways, how's Somi? Is she okay?" 

 

"She seems fine, but she has casts on her left arm and right leg. That's why she really needs a little.. assistance" 

 

There was a silence from Mina and Chaeyoung swore that she's nervous at that moment. "Hmm. Okay. But, you're going home tonight right?" 

 

"Uh.. baby.." Chaeyoung gulped and ran her hand through her hair as she stood up straight. "I'm still not sure about that. But if Yeri showed up, I promise I'll go home whatever hour it is. Okay?" 

 

"Okay. I'll hang up now, just text me if you're going home or not. I love you" 

 

"I love you too, baby. I miss you" Chaeyoung replied as she opened the door of Somi's room and hang up. 

 

Somi was already staring at her when she looked and Somi quickly smiled at her as if embarrassed because she got caught staring. 

 

"Was it Mina?" she asked and Chaeyoung nodded as she plopped down once again on the sofa. "Chaeng, if your wife needs you and you really need to go home, you can always go. I don't want her to get mad at me" 

 

"No, it's okay I can wait for Yeri. And why would Mina get mad at you? She understands, I already explained. Don't worry" 

 

"I don't know, Chaeng. I just feel like she kinda hate me, you know? But anyways.." Somi shrugged. "What if Yeri doesn't arrive tonight?" 

 

Chaeyoung became silent at that question because she doesn't want to bluntly say that she really wants to go home. Somi may already feel like she's a huge burden right now and Chaeyoung doesn't want to add up to that guilt.

 

"Just.. rest and don't think about that. Focus on healing yourself, I'll just be here until Yeri comes and that's it" Chaeyoung walked to Somi's bed and lowered it so she could comfortably lie down. "Sleep. You need that"

 

"If you get uncomfortable with the sofa, you can lay here beside me" Somi suggested while leaving an enough space for Chaeyoung. She just nodded but still walked back at the sofa and continued watching.

 

Chaeyoung felt a pain on her neck and woke up from the sound of the movie that's still playing. When she realized that she fell asleep, she quickly get her phone only to see that it's already two in the morning. She roamed her eyes around and yet, there's still no Yeri.

 

"" she cussed loudly after remembering Mina. She quickly composed a message for her that she'll just go home early in the morning because Yeri didn't arrive.

 

"Chaeyoung?" Somi softly called at her, groggy from her sleep.

 

"Yes? I'm sorry, did I wake you up?"

 

"Oh.. no.. I was just making sure you're still here and didn't leave me" Somi tried to move her body as it already felt stiff but again, groaned in pain.

 

"I told you to don't move too much. Here, let me help you"

 

Somi watched Chaeyoung as she lift her lightly to find a more comfortable position. When Chaeyoung was about to go back to the sofa, Somi held her arm. "Chaeng, can you.. sleep here beside me?"

 

"Huh? Why? It's just gonna get too cramped"

 

"Oh, I'm just getting.. cold. But it's okay, you may sleep again" Somi sounded so sad that Chaeyoung felt guilty once again. Chaeyoung watched her close her eyes and tried to clutch on her blanket.

 

Chaeyoung sighed and groaned mentally as she climbed up on the bed. "Tell me if you're uncomfortable and I'll go back to the sofa"

 

Somi turned to her quickly with wide eyes. But smiled eventually. "No no, I am fine. I just feel so cold and your body warmth might help"

 

Chaeyoung quickly closed her eyes and tried to get back to sleep. After few minutes, Somi already heard a faint snore from her. She watched Chaeyoung slept beside her and she can't help herself but to smile. Somi softly put her arm on Chaeyoung's tummy to hug her, and snuggled closer.

 

"Nothing will ever be comfortable than this" she muttered silently as she fell asleep with a smile on her lips.

 

Mina woke up the next morning with an empty side on their bed. Clearly, Chaeyoung didn't go home last night and that thought alone was enough to make her upset early in the morning. She got up and picked up her phone, Mina sighed when she saw that there are messages from her wife. Basically explaining why she can't come home and promised to just pick her up later at her work.

 

So Chaeyoung did sleep there last night? But where would she sleep? Beside Somi?! 

 

Mina shook off all her unwanted thoughts and just prepared for the day. 

 

Chaeyoung can't do that. She would never do that to me. 

 

Luckily Jihyo volunteered to drive her and Maddie off because Mina didn't brought her car. "Bye bub! See you later, okay? Say bye to your Aunt Jihyo"

 

"Bye mommy! Bye Aunt Jihyo!" Maddie waved and ran off inside the school building.

 

"So.. where's Chaeyoung?" Jihyo asked as they drove off to Mina's workplace.

 

"She had to take care of a friend that's in a hospital right now"

 

Jihyo side-eyed her and chuckled. "I guess this 'friend' is a girl and you don't like her. Am I right or just right?"

 

"Unnie!" Mina puffed her cheeks as she crossed her arm. "How can you say that?"

 

"Oh baby girl, you sounded so bitter just now" Jihyo laughed and Mina was mentally rolling her eyes while looking outside the window. "Why are you jealous with the girl? I didn't know you were this possessive"

 

"No unnie, it's not like that. I can't explain it okay?" Mina was getting really frustrated with her own feelings. "You're a girl and you should understand me. Girl's instinct if that's what they call it"

 

"Alright, relax.. just observe first and don't over think too much. Just trust your wife, that girl is head over heels for you" Jihyo parked in front of the building. Mina fixed her stuff and got out. "See you, Minari!"

 

Mina just went out from the elevator and was about to walk to their office when someone called her name. She turned to look only to see Sowon waving at her, she waved back and Sowon ran towards her.

 

"Hi Mina! Good morning" she smiled and rummaged on the plastic bag that she's holding. "I was actually waiting for you. Here, coffee"

 

"Oh, thank you Sowon" Mina then furrowed her brows. "Why? Do you need something?"

 

"Oh.. nothing!" Sowon seemed to be nervous but she was still smiling at Mina. "Just giving everyone a coffe. A pre-treat for my birthday.."

 

"Really? When is your birthday? So I could give you a gift"

 

"No need, Mina, really.. just greet me a happy birthday then I'm fine" they both laugh and Mina still doesn't know when is Sowon's birthday but she already needs to go because her boss called her. 

 

Eunha was surprisingly early that morning because she's already there when Mina arrived at their office. Mina would be usually the first one to arrive than her. 

 

"Good morning, Eunha"

 

Eunha looked up at her and smiled brightly. "Hi! Good morning to you too, Mina"

 

"Oh, Sowon also gave you a coffee?" Mina said when she saw that Eunha was holding a coffee in front of her.

 

"Huh?"

 

"I mean, here.." Mina showed the coffee Sowon gave to her. "she said she was giving everyone a coffee for her birthday"

 

"Oh. Ah yes, this is also from her" Eunha then quickly drank from her coffee and almost spat it out because it was still so hot. "Ouch! My tongue!"

 

"Are you still sleepy?! Why would you drank it so quick?" Mina gave her a tissue and Eunha just smiled at her apologetically.

 

During lunch, Eunha and Mina ate together without Sowon because she said that she's still busy. Mina was texting with Chaeyoung, which she find endearing as she already know why her wife is doing this. Maybe Chaeyoung thought that she got upset of her not coming home, which is partly true, and she's making up with her by sending such loving messages that sends butterflies on Mina's belly.

 

"Mina.." she heard Eunha called her so she looked up from her phone.

 

"Yes? Are we going back to the office now?"

 

"No, it's not that" Eunha shook her head. "I just want to ask you something"

 

"Oh. What is it, Eunha?"

 

"Are you free this Friday?"

 

Mina's brows furrowed but she tried to think if they have any family plans this coming Friday. "I think.. yes. Why?"

 

"Would you like to go out with me?" Mina stared at her in confusion. She was about to ask about it but Eunha spoke again. 

 

"No. Scratch that. I'm not taking 'no' as an answer.. 

 

let's go out this Friday"