Chapter 15

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

"Minaaa~~ Come on! Is it really true?" Eunha has been bugging Mina since morning and the latter was just completely ignoring her. 

 

Mina expected this since that encounter of Eunha with Chaeyoung but still, she doesn't know how to explain things to her. But, what does she have to explain in the first place? It's really true that she and Chaeyoung are married, then what about it? 

 

Love is love. You can never explain it or rather, there's no need to explain it. Maybe people are expecting her to have a "husband" but that doesn't mean she can't have a wife. Actually, Mina has grown tired of judgemental eyes specially when she and Chaeyoung experienced it first from her mom. 

 

Which truy hurts because she expected that the last person to judge her is her family. But what's done is done. Even if her mom still hasn't fully accepted Chaeyoung, Mina could not ask for more if her mom treated Chaeyoung as part of the family. 

 

"Stop bugging me, Eunha. I have lots to do" 

 

"Fine!" Eunha pouted. "But I won't let you off at lunch time and you can't escape me!" 

 

Mina just sighed and shook her head. There's just no escaping from Eunha. Mina thought that it's just better to tell her everything that she wants to know and just get over it. 

 

"So... spill the tea" Eunha said as soon as Mina sat and placed her food on the table. 

 

"Can you please let me eat first?" Mina answered as she pointed at her food and Eunha just snickered at her. 

 

"Wait, wait.. what's happening? What tea?" Sowon asked curiously and Mina just looked at Eunha and shrugged. "Alright.. I won't ask anymore" 

 

Mina didn't even finished her meal, she doesn't even know if she lost her appetite or just plain bothered by Eunha who's checking her from time to time plus the weird look Sowon has been giving the both of them. 

 

"Okay just to shut you up, I'll tell it already" Mina put down her spoon and fork which caused Eunha and Sowon to be startled. She faced Eunha and almost glared at her. "What do you want to know?" 

 

Eunha drank her water first and clasped her hands on the table. "Is it true that you're married?" 

 

Sowon almost choked on her soda upon hearing Eunha's question. She kept on coughing and Mina quickly offered her water and a tissue to wipe .

 

"You're so gross!" Eunha whined while wiping the table for the mess Sowon made.

 

"I'm sorry!"

 

"Are you okay?" Mina asked while getting the glass of water from her. Sowon just nodded and formed an 'okay' sign with her hand.

 

Once she recovered, Sowon then glared at Eunha. "Can you stop asking questions like that?!"

 

"Woah! Calm your , don't worry I won't ask you! I am just asking the right question. Tell her Mina!"

 

Mina heaved a deep sigh and nodded. "Yes Sowon, she's right. And Eunha, to answer your question, yeah I am married. Happily married"

 

Both of their jaw dropped. Eunha still can't believe that she just met Mina's wife. "Wow, Mina! I thought the both of you was just pranking me!"

 

"Wait.. what? So you're really already married?" then Sowon turned to Eunha. "And you already met her husband?! Where? Why?"

 

Eunha laughed so hard that Mina had to shush her because they're already gaining unwanted attention. And that's the last thing Mina wants right now. These two are enough to be her headache today.

 

"Alright, alright.. I'm sorry" Eunha finally stopped laughing out loud but still, chuckling while wiping tears from her eyes. "It's just that I don't know what's funnier, Sowon's face or her words"

 

Sowon glared at her once again. "What's so funny?! You're so annoying! Your face is more funny than me"

 

"Okay stop it you two before you really fight. Eunha, stop teasing Sowon please and don't be too loud!" Mina had to meddle with them before things escalate worser than this. "Sowon, I don't have a husband. I have a.. wife" 

 

Chaeyoung on the other hand has been cramming with the unfinished edited pictures. Yeri is also helping her while Somi is beside her, just bugging her. 

 

"Chaeng~~ I'm sorry! Don't be mad at me" Somi rested her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder but the latter shook it off which caused her head to fall, so she pouted more. 

 

"Just help us instead of bothering me. Or if you really want to annoy someone right now, just sit beside Yeri" 

 

But Somi just rolled her eyes and ignored what she said. She opened her laptop and started copying files. "Why are you blaming me for this? I really don't know why it got corrupted. Maybe someone did something to it" 

 

Chaeyoung heard Yeri scoffed so she turned to look at her. She was madly typing at her computer. "Or maybe Chaeyoung, someone just really didn't took care of it because she was busy doing nonsense things!" 

 

"Oh Chaeyoung! Can you hear someone talking moreee nonsense things? Because I think I can hear it!" 

 

"Wow! The audacity, right Chaeyoung?! When-" 

 

"Wait! Wait!" Chaeyoung stood up and raised her both hands, stopping the two idiot of a friend she's now with right now. "What the is wrong with you both?! Are you really fighting in front of me and using me as your punching bags?!" 

 

"No, Chaeng! I'm sorry" Then Somi pointed at Yeri, glaring at her. "This is your fault!" 

 

"Somi, can you just stop?! You're really getting into my nerves since three days ago!" Yeri is also standing up right now. Putting both of her arms on her waist. "Don't wait for me to say something you wouldn't like right here right now!" 

 

Somi became real quiet after that but it's still obvious that she's fuming mad. Chaeyoung was already massaging her temples because this is the first time after a very long time that these two fight with each other again. 

 

"Can you please both calm down? Please? My head is already hurting because of our work and you two had to do this" Yeri then sat down calmly and Somi did the same. Chaeyoung breathe a sigh of relief and turned to Somi. "Is this why you're MIA last Saturday?" 

 

Somi shook her head quickly. "No, okay? I mean partially but it's not the main reason. I really had some errands to do. And again, I didn't know that the files got corrupted" 

 

Chaeyoung nodded and walked to get her tumbler. "Okay, look.. I don't know what you're fighting about and I don't want to ask. It's just that, can you please not bring it here during office hours? Specially when we're cramming like this? We need team work and I know you both already know this. I'll just get water and go out. I hope you'll settle things out"

 

Flashback to last friday night... 

 

Yeri was just sitting at the table enjoying the loud music at the bar and watching the people dancing at the dance floor. She's just waiting for Somi who went to order drinks for them. After how many minutes, Somi already came back with bottles of beers on her hands. 

 

"I'm sorry I took too long, I just bumped to an old friend" Somi explained half shouting so Yeri could hear her. 

 

"That's okay!" Yeri then get the beer Somi gave to her and they did 'cheers' and drank together. "So.. tell me your problem. What is it?" 

 

"What problem? Is it wrong to invite you over for a drink on a friday night?" 

 

"No, but I think it's wrong that I'm your friend for a long time now that I already know you only invites me for a drink if something happened. Plus.. you called so suddenly" Yeri drank one more shot before continuing. "Somi, we were together all day and you didn't tell me anything about drinking. You didn't even invited Chaeyoung" 

 

Somi just stared blankly at the pool of crowd and shook her head as she drank on the bottle. "Why would I invite her? She has a wife! You know what let's just drink and enjoy the night" 

 

Yeri stared at her suspiciously but just shrugged it off. They almost drank five bottles of beer when Somi dragged her to the dance floor. She can't do anything as she was getting tipsy, and she knows Somi is too. They danced together with random strangers and swayed their body at the beat of the music. They literally lost each other on the crowd and Yeri somehow got worried for Somi so as soon as she saw her again, she dragged her back to their seat. 

 

They just continued drinking and Somi was already getting drunk, she kept on blabbering things. Yeri slowed down drinking because someone has to get the both of them go home safe tonight. Suddenly, Somi uttered words that made Yeri confused more. 

 

"Yeri-ah~~" Somi placed her cheek on her left hand while playing with her glass. "You know what, I really hate Mina" 

 

"Huh? Mina who? " Yeri's eyes widened when a realization hit her. "Wait! I only know one Mina.. is it Chaeyoung's wife?" 

 

"Wife.. wife.. wife.." Somi kept on muttering. "Yes! It's that stupid Chaeyoung's wife. I really really hate her!" 

 

"What the hell are you saying? Or are you just drunk drunk?" Yeri then held Somi's face to make sure she's at least somewhat sober. "Why would you hate our friend's wife? Hello Somi, Mina is Chaeyoung's wife" 

 

"I know! You don't have to say it again and again! That is why I hate her okay? Because she is Chaeyoung's wife..." Somi drank a lot from her bottle and Yeri had to get it away from her. She wiped her lips and stared at Yeri. "..and not me" 

 

Yeri was dumbfounded after hearing every words Somi just said. She wanted to smack Somi's head if she's not just so wasted like this in front of her. 

 

"What the , Jeon Somi?! You still like Chaeyoung after all these years?! I already told you to just get over with your feelings for her since the start, right? You're really stupid!" 

 

"No! It's Chaeyoung! She's the one who's stupid, ing stupid..." A tear already escaped from Somi's eyes. "She's ing stupid for being so dense since from the start. She didn't even noticed me and my feelings. Oh right, she did notice me but just because I'm her friend.. just a colleague!" 

 

"I get you okay? But you can't blame Chaeyoung for this, I told you the very first time you said to me that you like her. It's either you confess or you just get over it" Yeri sighed in disbelief. "She's already married. And now you're hating on her wife too? You can't hate Mina please, she has nothing to do with this" 

 

"Are you really siding with Mina?! Gosh! what's with that girl! Everyone is just siding with her" Somi was literally shouting from her seat. "You wanna know why I invite you for a drink? It's because of them! I saw them and that Mina gave me an attitude! And this stupid Chaeyoung didn't even said sorry to me and just followed her stupid wife!" 

 

"Somi! Do you even hear what you're saying?! Of course it's her wife, she's gonna follow her you fool! And I am not siding with anyone so sober up because I don't wanna hear any bulls from you" Yeri stood up and grabbed Somi's arm to help her walk. "Let's go home" 

 

Mina was just so lucky that what seems to be a long day for her already ended. She's comfortably laying beside Chaeyoung who's half asleep but still, caressing her hair. She could only hug her tighter for making her feel this so much love. A love that is so great and amazing that it sometimes just scares her.

 

"Chaeyoung.."

 

"Hmm?" Mina saw how Chaeyoung opened her eyes to look down at her. "What is it baby?"

 

"Nothing.. I just wanna say that.. I love you so much"

 

Chaeyoung smiled at her and kissed her forehead. "I love you too, baby.. and you know that"

 

Mina nodded and smile. "Chaeng, will you ever leave me?"

 

"What kind of question is that, Mina? How can I leave you? Just by thinking of it already kills me" Chaeyoung hugged her tighter as if reassuring Mina. "I'll just leave you if you told me so. Remember that"

 

Maybe love is scary, the future is always uncertain..

 

But for Mina, as long as she knows that Maddie and Chaeyoung is with her and they both love each other..

 

It'll be enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you planning to do?!"

 

"Why? Nothing! And if there is, it's none of your business"

 

"Just stop whatever you're planning! I told you, she already has a wife for petes sake!"

 

"So? I don't care!

 

..I am gonna make her mine"