Last day

Paper Airplane

Ilhoon’s POV

 

Flashback…

 

It was just before the competition day. He was there to give training for me since the competition was tomorrow. So, this will be the last day we would meet each other often. My mom gave promise to me that she will stop forcing me to do piano after the competition and I will have to focus back on study since the final exam was near. I wouldn’t be able to meet him anymore. There will be no reason to.

 

“Today is the last day”

 

He stated. He looked sad. This is my second time seeing him upset.

 

“Let’s do the best for the competition”

 

He said as he smiled. But his eyes not smiled like it used to be. I was sad as well. I didn’t want it to be last.

 

“If you win the competition, I will play dual with you”

 

Is it too late? I am sure I can’t win the competition. I am so sure since I didn’t practice, and I don’t have any mind to win. If he says that earlier, I will try my best to win the competition even I never want to. But it’s too late. We were sitting face to face as his hand reached mine as he locked his pinky finger to mine. Then I stared at his face as he was already staring at me. I gazed at his eyes as I saw the sadness. We met our eyes and locked pinky fingers for awhile till my mom came in.

 

It was the last day that I ever saw him. After that I was busy with my university entrance exam and he was busy with his study, so we haven’t met. I want to meet him and miss him.

 

So, I sometimes texted him. He replied me but we didn’t have a lot to talk to. After that, we lost contact for a year. Since he is someone who doesn’t use social media so we couldn’t talk or see.

 

As time passed, I hung out a lot with Changsub Hyun and Eunkwang Hyung. It’s true that we forget people as time passed. I am not missing or texting Hyungsik Hyung anymore. He was just like someone I met in my lifetime. I think he didn’t keep in touch with Changsub and Eunkwang Hyung as well.

 

But that day I went to the library as I saw someone familiar on the way. Eating tteokbokki in front of the food truck. He looked familiar.

 

“Hyung”

 

I mumbled enough to hear myself as I was staring at that person. He was eating the fishcake deliciously as I even craved for that. His hair is messy, a little longer than it should be. He looked a little chubby, wearing the grey sweatpants and the white t-shirt with his oval glasses. He looked cute. He turned around as he saw me.

 

“Hey, Ilhoonie?”

 

He greeted me as I walked toward him.

 

“Hyung, it’s been a long time. How are you doing?”

 

I asked happily as he seemed to happy as well.

 

“I am doing good. Where are you going?”

 

He asked as he grabbed another fishcake and gave one to me as well. So, I confusingly grabbed one fishcake in hand as I talked to him.

 

“I am going to library”

 

He looked like a musician with long messy hair and some beard which is not well-shaved.

 

“Do you use any social media?”

 

He asked as I nodded. I use Instagram.

 

“Give me your phone”

 

He said as I gave it to him with open Instagram acc. He searched his name and followed it.

 

“See you. I have to go”

 

He gave the phone back to me as he gave the bill for the food then he left. I was left with one fishcake on hand. He is weird.

 

As I quickly checked my phone, I saw the profile without profile picture. And no post at all. Why did he give me the account which he didn’t post anything even profile?

 

I chuckled myself. He is weird. The weirdo.

 

It was almost exactly one year after the competition, which is the last day I met with him. He didn’t ask anything about me of what I am doing which university did I get or anything. He didn’t seem to interest either.

 

I almost forgot you, but you made me remember with different impression I had in the past. I am happy that I met him back and got his blank social media account.