Virtually together

Paper Airplane

Today I woke up pretty late since it was weekend. I don’t really have a lot to do in weekend except studying. I checked the phone as soon as I woke up. This is what I usually do so it wasn’t new. But I didn’t see his message today.

 

“Why?”

 

I mumbled. As a person who used to wake up with someone message every morning for almost 2 years, it’s hard to accept that there is no message from your favorite person.

 

“Is he sleeping?”

 

I mumbled enough to hear. He used to text me first. Actually, there’s no first or second. We just text to each other. If he has something to say, then he texts me even when I am sleeping or not. And I read it all in the morning and reply to him. Then we continued the conversation.

 

At first, we don’t really talk about our personal things. He is a person who really keen on music, so we just talk about the song he likes and the singers he admires. He is the music crazy. Actually, he is the underground song writer. He just spends most of his time thinking about music and melody. His voice is really nice, but he didn’t really sing. I want him to be singer, but he just like to write the song.

 

It took me 8 years.

 

KNOCK-KNOCK!

 

It must be Sungjae.

 

“Hyung, Ilhoon hyung”

 

He shouted from the front of the door.

 

“Come in. It’s unlocked”

 

He walked in like a kid. He is maknae at our house and he likes to annoy me.

 

“Don’t you feel hungry? I smelled Peniel Hyung is cooking something”

 

We giggled. Yes, it’s true that we only wake up from bed when we smelled Peniel Hyung cooking something. We really got a nice roommate. He likes to cook, and we like to eat. We are good match.

 

“Wake up! Let’s go help Peniel Hyung so that we can eat. At least pretend to help”

 

We chuckled. As Peniel Hyung is like a real Hyung to us, me and Sungjae are closer like a friend. Because of that Maknae, I have to wake up from bed and wash my face.

 

“Hyung, what are you cooking? It smells nice”

 

Sungjae asked cutely as he smirked like I know what your conversation is leading.

 

“I made sandwiches for you guys”

 

Peniel said.

 

“Yayy…I don’t know how could I live without you”

 

Yook Sungjae overexaggerated. But Peniel Hyung really loves us.

 

“Shall we go to beach after that?”

 

Sungjae asked. He is the one who always wants to go outside. I didn’t deny or agree but Peniel agreed to him. So, we have to go to beach which is really near our place.

 

I was focusing on the bacon and sausage on my sandwiches when I heard the ringtone from my phone. I checked it quickly as I smiled. It’s automated and unconscious.

 

He sent a song of our favorite singer. Actually, it’s his.

 

“That song really good”

 

Then he sent some funny meme from Facebook.

 

From now, my day is officially started. I devoted all of my mind to phone as I went with them to the beach. We are day and night different, but I feel like we are at the same time since he is night owl. Sometimes, I even confused he didn’t sleep on purpose or not. He said he is not sleepy and for another second he’s already felt asleep. But I am really happy to talk with him and feel like needing something when he is sleeping.

 

“Hey…why are you smiling? You’re always on phone. Do you have girlfriend already?”

 

Yook Sungjae frowned.

 

“I didn’t”

 

“I am talking with my friend”

 

Friend…Yes, he is the friend that I love the most. And brother who I admired. And a guy…who I really love. I didn’t believe in love and I always thought I want to fall in love with someone uncontrollably. I want to give all in. As my experience in my dating life, I always priority my feeling first, prevent myself from hurting and I always was the one who left first. This time, I will let you leave first. Or I will stop doing everything which make you feel like leaving. 

 

I listened to our favorite song with my headphone as I was sitting on the sand of the beach. The view is nice, the song is nice, and he is. I took the photo of the view as I sent to him.

 

“It’s really a nice view”