Paper Airplane

Paper Airplane

Ilhoon’s POV

 

“Sungjae…hurry up! Make sure and double check everything”

 

I talked to Sungjae as we were both very excited. I was walking around at the empty house as I was making sure everything was ready.

 

“Hyung…I am ready”

 

We are going back to KOREA today. I’ve been missing my home so much. It wasn’t a easy decision. For international student like us, we can’t come back to Korea once we decided to go back. It was a hard decision for me especially when your parent doesn’t welcome you. But I don’t think I will regret my decision.

 

“I am ready too”

 

I am thankful that my roommate also decided to go back to Korea. We really love our country. We have kind of same ideas.

 

“Hyung…I am really excited”

 

Sungjae couldn’t stand still. He was walking around excitedly.

 

“I gonna miss this place and this city”

 

I said while staring at the empty house. Since we are going back, we sold everything we have, all the furniture, cars and belonging. We shipped some of our luggage to Korea already. We only bring one backpack and one luggage with us. Me and Sungjae have been living in this house for two years so I am really attached to this place.

 

“Me too. I gonna miss this place a lot too. We had so much memories here, happy, sad, depress and lost. Hahhaha”

 

Sungjae said with smile. Yes, we really got a lot of memories here. After Peniel Hyung moved to New York, me and Sungjae moved to this two-bedroom apartment. Too much memories here. I laugh, I cry, I sad, I depress, and lost.

 

“Bye…I will be happier”

 

I mumbled in my mind as I smiled. We called Uber to go to Airport.

 

The plane was getting near the ground as my heart beat was getting faster. I am so nervous. So does he. Sungjae was so excited too. I don’t think my parents will pick me up because I didn’t do what they wanted. But they will be fine after some times.

“I miss you, Hyung”

 

I mumbled. It’s been 2 years that our heart were connected. We talked sometimes in between but we were not really connected. I am not sure if he was just pretending not to connect, or we just naturally fell out of love. But I still love him the same way as I did last 11 years ago.

 

“Hey Ilhoon-na”

 

I saw my older brother, Changsub. He didn’t change except his age went up. He is still as energetic as he was. He hugged me as soon as he saw.

 

“Hyung…you still don’t change”

 

I hugged him back with smile. I am so happy.

 

“Hyung, this is Sungjae. He was my roommate for 3 years”

 

I introduced Changsub Hyung with Sungjae. They greeted each other. After that Sungjae met with his cousins and we went different ways.

 

“How’s Mom and Dad? They are still angry at me?”

 

I asked worriedly as we were heading to my house.

 

“Why are you insisting to come back when your whole family is planning to move US?”

 

Changsub Hyung asked curiously.

 

“I really don’t like staying there”

 

I answered with weak smile.

 

“Do you have girlfriend here? Is that why you want to come back? You love your family a lot”

 

Changsub Hyung asked again.

 

“I don’t have girlfriend here but I have someone I really want to meet”

 

I answered while staring at Paper Airplane tattoo on my arm as I smiled.

 

“You are next level”

 

Changsub smiled.