This isn't the end

Paper Airplane

Hyunsik’s POV

 

 

“Hyung”

 

I got a text from Kiddo after months of losing contact. How are you doing, Kiddo? I’ve been still doing all the things I used to do with you and miss you every day. I was trying my best from wanting to tell you and report you as usual.

 

I was staring at “Hyung” text from notification like an hour and lost in thought by myself. You miss me, huh?

 

I was unexpectedly met with Changsub that day. I was sitting at the café chatting with Kiddo.

 

“Hey, Hyunsik”

 

I was so happy when I saw him. It’s been a long time that we lost contact with each other even though I am chatting with his little brother daily.

 

“Oh Hyung”

 

I said as we did high five then gave a hug.

 

“How are you doing? It’s been a long time”

 

I asked.

 

“I thought you are still in Japan. That’s why I didn’t contact you”

 

“No, I came back for a long time already. It’s been three years”

 

“Great”

 

“Why are you here? Dating?”

 

I as he smiled. I feel like he is in love. The café is fancy so many couples come to date. Well, I am dating virtually.

 

“Haha…well…you can say that”

 

He laughed and asked me back.

 

“How about you? Are you waiting someone? Got a girlfriend?”

 

I laughed till my eyes out. I am not single anymore, Hyung. I am dating with your younger brother.

“No. Hahhaa. How’s Ilhoon doing?”

 

I asked about kiddo. I didn’t mean to, but I like to hear about him since there is no one I could talk about him.

 

“He is at United State. He went there to attend master last 2 or 3 years ago, I guess. He is almost graduate. I talked to him and his mom the other days. They got war”

 

Changsub laughed like nothing while playing with his sunglasses. I didn’t know about that. Kiddo didn’t tell me anything.

 

“War? What happened? He is not okay there?”

 

I asked curiously.

 

“He is okay. That’s why her mother is mad. I think he got girlfriend here. Maybe that’s why he is ready to leave United State and wanna come back here. You know his whole family is planning to move there. But he insisted to come back. He already graduated and got full time job. That job offers work visa which is very difficult to get for international student. But he said he will deny it and come back after a year of working. That’s the big war between him and his mom. I think it is because of his girlfriend. There is nothing he can do when he come back. What’s wrong with him”

 

It’s good that I am talking with Changsub. I don’t need to ask a lot, he would tell everything to me. It helped me a lot from being obvious to want to know about my boyfriend.

 

Kiddo…what are you doing? You want to come back because of me? Changsub said even his parent will go to America, he will still come back. He is the one who loves his family a lot. Kiddo…is it really because of me that you are deciding that way? Well…I asked him when he will back and I told him a lot of things I want us to do together when he comes back.

 

I felt so bad. You love me that much, huh? I know his family is strict. But he is trying to against his family. I wasn’t feeling good that day. I stopped replying to Kiddo. I was just staying silent sipping my coffee and staring at the outside from the window.

 

“What do I do?”

 

I got some bad new after few days later. My parents got a big argument and they decided to go their own way. They divorced. I didn’t have any chance to say anything. My sister will be living with my mom, and I decided to stay on my own. My sister was crying really hard. As an older brother, I felt like the burden is on my shoulders.

 

I have a lot in my mind. My sister is still in college. My mother doesn’t work. The work I am doing right now didn’t earn enough to support both my mom and sister. I got freak out. I was staying in the dark, sitting at the corner and organizing my thought for hours.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?”

 

I got a text from Kiddo. I haven’t talked with him for a week, but he didn’t complain at all. Instead, he asked if I am okay. I didn’t tell him about our family situation because I didn’t want him to know that my dad cheated with a girl who is younger than my age. And the conversation I had with Changsub Hyung the other day still took the huge place in my head.

 

“Kiddo, should I let you go?”

 

I whispered as I shed tear. Well, I think it’s time for me to get out from that fantasy. Now I have my mom and my sister on my shoulder. And his family wants to settle down in United State. I don’t want him to come back to Korea alone just because of me. I know how much he misses his family and how much he wanna stay together with them.

 

“Kiddo…let’s stop everything before it gets worse. I know how much you love me. But let’s just stop. I don’t want the strings between us to be stronger. I don’t want to waste your time. Most importantly, we are both guys. I wanna stand in front of my mom and sister proudly. My mom has hurt enough. I should wake up”

 

I whispered as I cried silently.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

This isn't the end of the story. I will keep posting a chapter every week. Let's see how they will end up. Will Hyunsik get the letter Ilhoon sent? Ilhoon moving on? Ilhoon will get to know the reasonw why Hyunsik chose to do that? LET'S SEE GUYSSS!!! THIS ISN'T THE END OF THE STORY.