Other side of the story

Paper Airplane

Hyunsik’s POV

 

I was running through my hand on my piano as I felt some melody. Actually, I was looking for melody to write the song. Then, my hand started to play the chord I wrote few months ago.

 

“Someday, let’s meet again on a better day

Let’s be more happy, more cool

Like the ocean with waves

Let’s meet again, I’ll wait for us

Let’s be more happy, more calm

Someday, under the heart fluttering sunlight”

 

I sang it while playing piano but it’s kind of short. Someday…I wrote the song thinking about the long distance between us. Yes, me and kiddo. I didn’t continue this song since I don’t have a clue of what will happen when we meet again. How will I feel? What will happen? It will be back to normal like how we used to? You with your own life and me with my own struggle. We lived in the same country, same city before. But we didn’t meet often or call often. I don’t have a clue of what will happen next, so I didn’t continue it.

 

I sent him message that I woke up, but he didn’t reply yet. I think he slept early today. I slept late last night so I couldn’t wake up in the morning.

 

He is the kid who has a lot of patient. I don’t know if it is just with me or not. But he has a lot of patient on me. I think he loves me a lot. I have dated with several girls before, but I didn’t feel like I was loved. But with him, I feel like I am adored by someone. His love is peaceful. I feel like he doesn’t want anything back from me. I think it’s why I feel like a kid in front of him. I am safe. I can open freely. I can talk whatever I want. I feel like someone is by my side even I am right or wrong. I can be weirdo with him.

 

What difference with my past dating life is that they need attention, they need full attention to them and do not understand what I am passionate about. They want me to be with them, care them, love them and everything about them. What’s for me? I don’t accept the fact that I have to scarify myself to love another person.

 

But with Kiddo, I am getting a lot of attention. He listens all my words patiently and responses each of them. The way he gets to know me is different. He accompanied me in my lonely day and night. There was a time when I am too passionate to my things and didn’t give attention to him, but he didn’t complain at all. Even he is young, even we are from different background, he respects all of my words even when he doesn’t agree to some. But most of the time, we are almost one person with different face. I have never met someone who has same character as me.

 

Because of his work and study, his day and night are right. I did try to get it right too and there were times I am right. But if we both are right, because of the time different, we won’t be able to talk much. So, I can be the one who wrong since I am musician. Yes, my office job…I don’t really care. Even I have to wake up early, I went there without sleeping and slept back when I am back. So, I wake up when he wakes up.

 

I don’t know why I am trying this hard to talk to this kiddo. I don’t wanna mention that but lately he lost some attention to me. I have to talk to him first. I have to find the topic. I have to extend the conversation. He’s bad. He never jealous me when I talk about girl or marry.

 

Maybe he loved me more at first, but after time passed, I got attached to him more and more. Everyone around me said that you guys relationship isn’t normal. I think he can feel it too. I even talked to him back about what people said, he just laughed. Is that mean he already known this and accepted it?

 

He listened to my past relationships and sometimes he mentioned his. And he is just so fine? He said I am weirdo and unpredictable, but he is the one. I don’t understand him sometimes. He is mature kid who has a lot of plan when I am just a kid who is passionate for music.

 

We haven’t talked much for 3 days. It doesn’t make me feel good. I feel like I need something. The habit is bad. It’s obsessive. I hate that habit. Now I am more obsessive to him more than he did? He didn’t change in this 2 year, he is still the one who attach me for who I am, but I did. I attached to him a lot. At first, he was just a kid I used to know. Now he is someone who is important to me. I never talked with someone like that before I mean not that much. How can I go back to my normal life when music is the only important thing of mine? I haven’t noticed at first, I didn’t notice how important his existence is until he changed. I hope he is just busy.

 

I walked out from my house to get coffee as I heard the plane. I quickly up my eyes to the sky as I saw the plane was going through the cloud. It’s fast. I was staring at the plane until it was out of my slight. I felt some pain in my heart. When will you back, kiddo? I miss you. At least, we are under the same sky, right?

 

I opened the note in my phone as I wrote down something.

 

“Dear love,

Please don’t be in pain because I’ll be in pain too

How is the sky where you are?

Are you also looking at the moon?”

 

This is how I usually get the draft lyrics. Since I am the musician, I can only express my feeling through lyrics.

 

“Across the vast universe, far away

Whenever in the world we are

We can see and feel love, faster than the speed of light”

 

Kiddo, I am kind of confused now. How further we can go on? How further do you want to extend our relationship? What do you want me to do? Do I have to just accept it as how is it like you do? I think you don’t wanna go any further. I feel like you don’t want any title in our relationship and you just accept it. Friend with benefit? More than friend? I can do that. I will try my best not to be greedy.