My Dumb Kiddo

Paper Airplane

Hyunsik’s POV

 

I successfully record the song I wrote “Dear Love” at Minhyuk’s studio.

 

“Perhaps, do you have long distance relationship? Do you like a guy now, huh?”
 

Minhyuk asked as I acted dumb.

 

He knew about Kiddo since I usually brought him up in the conversations. Most of the people around me know about Kiddo and how much we talk to each other. They said I look so happy when I talk about Kiddo. I didn’t realize myself but it’s true. I end up talking about him to all the people I have conversation with. They said I smiled automatically when I looked at the phone.

 

“Don’t say this song is about Ki-Kiddo?”

 

Minhyuk asked again as I didn’t know what to answer. So, I just stay with my original poker face.

 

“He is just a brother”

 

I answered with my poker face as he shrugged his both shoulders.

 

“Let’s listen it again. Your voice is really sweet. I like the song”

 

[ Dear love, you, who is involved with me

Please don’t be in pain because I’ll be in pain too

Oh, my love, how is the sky where you are?

Are you also looking at the moon

And longing for me?]

 

[ Across the vast universe, far away

Whenever in the world we are

We can see and feel love, faster than the speed of light

My love

We will hold each other once again

And become the perfect love

In the end, we will meet

As we did when we first met

We should be in love]

 

[ There is no space between us

Don’t worry

Because we’re not coincidence, we’re destiny]

 

My voice was filled with emotion and hope. Will you come back for sure right? You said you will. We have a lot we planned ahead of time.

 

“So, how’s your kiddo?”

 

Minhyuk asked as I was surprised. Why did he suddenly bring up this topic? I just drank the coffee in front of me before answered just to kill the awkwardness.

 

“Huh? Why suddenly?”

 

I laughed awkwardly.

 

“Why so shock? I just asked how’s he doing there. Still studying? Or working?”

 

“Both. He is fine by himself. He is standing on his own. Unexpectedly, he is more mature than me”

 

I proudly said it as Minhyuk giggled.

 

“I think you should get girlfriend”

 

“Why should I when I am so fine by myself? I don’t like the drama you guys have. My life is currently felt so good now. Why would I look for problems?”

 

I questioned him back.

 

“That’s true though. But your age isn’t that young anymore”

 

“Hey…we are same age. Are you sure that you will marry the girl you are dating now? We can’t tell the future anyway. I can be single for my whole life since I’ve already got roommate”

 

I said with smile as Minhyuk choked the water.

 

“Kiddo?”

 

He asked after choking as I nodded. He signed as he shook his head.

 

“How many years different between you guys? He is still young. Are you even sure that he is not currently dating anyone? Do you think he will come back and live with you? Do you really believe in that? And more importantly…ah nothing”

 

Minhyuk strongly disagreed with what I am saying. It makes sense honestly. But he loves me. He loves me, right? I am believing all of his words just because of the fact that he loves me.

 

“More importantly what?”

 

I asked back because I was curious about how he thinks about us. He is someone who knows a lot about us so.

 

“I am not supposed to say that. I just want you to make sure what you have and make sure it’s yours”

 

What Minhyuk said make me really quiet. It’s true though. I believe I have him by my side. But he is not really mine. I feel secure when I talk to him and I do believe that he will never leave me. I can feel the love from him. But he is just okay with it and just giving me hope.

 

When I talked to him about how I would like to marry or get girlfriend, he said don’t. Sometimes, he said you can. But when you found out someone tell me, I will get one too. That’s threatening. He is not someone who would stop me from doing what I want. And he is ready for his too.

 

I talked sweetly to him lately and made it obvious that I like him too, but he just didn’t response to that. Or is he already known that I am in love with him? I would say that’s kiddo keeps me in Hahah Zone. He laughed every time I talked about us.

 

He seems to think what I am thinking but he just doesn’t say out loud. Even I leaded to that conversation, we ended up laughing (Hahah).

 

I would say “my kiddo is so dumb in love.” He doesn’t know how to read other party mind.

 

What should I do with that dumb kid?