Distance

Paper Airplane

Hyunsik’s POV

 

Kiddo is on trip these days that he couldn’t give me enough time. But sometimes, he even replied while he’s driving that I even have to tell him not to. I think he like his younger roommate a lot. He kept talking to me about him. He looks so happy with him.

 

They have 3 roommates why didn’t they bring another one? Are they going for couple trip?

 

Let’s it be. Not my business anyway.

 

“Kiddo, when will you back? I wanna go trip with you”

 

I texted to him. I do. I really want to. I have my two best friends who I always hang out with, but he is different. I am not sure if he will be the same when we meet outside. We never fought in 2 years since he was always ready to let me win.

 

Today I had the plan with Minhyuk after work. He is the underground rapper and songwriter. He is my best friend who I always work together with.

 

“When will you come?”

 

Minhyuk texted me.

 

“5”

 

I replied short. This is how I always do.

 

“Okay I will send you the address of the café”

 

“Okay”

 

I walked into the café as I saw Minhyuk sitting there already. I sat in front of him as he greeted me.

 

“What take you so long?”

 

He asked as I was checking the menu. I am pretty hungry.

 

“My boss doesn’t let me go”

 

He giggled.

 

“Have you ordered?”

 

I asked as he shook his head.

 

“Let’s order first. I am hungry. I have something to show you. Why don’t we go to your studio after that?”

 

I suggested as he agreed.

 

“You know what I met with your ex yesterday as she asked about you”

 

I smirked. My ex, who cheated on me, or I made her cheated. I am not sure, but she was in love with another guy as soon as we broke up.

 

“What did she say?”

 

I asked curiously. Actually, she came to meet me at the café near my office until last year. At that time, I was so sure that I had moved on.

 

“She asked me if you are doing well? Having new girlfriends or things like that”

 

I shrugged my both shoulders as Minhyuk laughed.

 

“I can feel that you are completely over her”

 

Minhyuk laughed.

 

“Is she with new face?”

 

I asked back as Minhyuk nodded.

 

“He seems to love her so much”

 

“Good for her”

 

At that time, my phone got messages. Yes, it is from Kiddo for sure. He replied me after 20 minutes I sent. He must be having fun with his so-called roommate. I am not jealous.

 

We chit chatted a little about music while eating as he brought the topic about his girlfriend who lives in Jeju which is like 4 and half hour drive.

 

“Long distance is hard you know. I miss her but I couldn’t see her. Last two days ago, we fought because I didn’t tell her that I went out for dinner”

 

Minhyuk said emotionally.

 

“That’s relationship problem that I can’t understand. What’s wrong with eating dinner?”

 

I replied unemotionally while eating my beef steak.

 

“You don’t understand. That’s why you always break up”

 

Minhyuk mocked me.

 

“There is someone she doesn’t like in dinner. That’s why”

 

He continued.

 

“She didn’t pick up my phone for 2 days already. What should I do?”

 

I just looked at him back with frozen eyes as I recommended.

 

“Minhyuk, you guys are just 4 and half hour drive from each other. Even if you drive slowly, it will only take like 5 hours. You can just drive there. Why don’t you? If you know there was someone she doesn’t like in dinner, why did you go? These are things I can’t understand”

 

I said as I remember the time, I am willing to drive to Tokyo when kiddo said he will come to Tokyo. At that time, I am at Kyoto. But his plan ruined so we didn’t meet.

 

I may have empathy to them if I didn’t have someone I love in far. Me and kiddo are like 15 hours time different with almost 24 hours flight to get there. And we need visa which is not easy, and I don’t have enough money.

 

“I shouldn’t have talk to you about this”

 

Minhyuk pouted.

 

“You should know earlier”

 

He is my best friend, so he doesn’t mind all the rude things I talked to him.