First meeting

Paper Airplane

Ilhoon’s POV

 

Back to 8 years ago,

 

I was just a kid who is spoiled by his parents who didn’t really care about other. It was in Seoul High (the private high school). As it is the private high school, most of the students are rich and spoiled as me. I have my cousin brother who goes to the same high school with me who is one year older. His name is Lee Changsub. That chubby kid did everything, and he even bullied kid since his father is one of the highest shareholders of the Seoul high. I was always with my brother, so I am also the same. And there is another friend. Yes, it is friend of my brother. His name is Seo Eunkwang. We were like a small gang and I am maknae.

 

“Hyung, are we going for pool tonight?”

 

I asked to Changsub.

 

“We will go to bar. There is a live show there”

 

Changsub hyung and Eunkwang hyung said in agreement.

 

“Hyung, we are not 20 yet. We won’t be able to drink”

 

I have never drink before.

 

“I know someone from entrance. We can go in”

 

Eunkwang hyung said as they smirked.

 

“I will pick you up at 9pm at night”

 

Changsub Hyung said. He has car so he always drives me around. Even he was not 20 yet, he did everything which broke the rule.

 

“Isn’t it too late?”

 

I asked hesitantly.

 

“My dongseng, we are going to bar. Not restaurant. I will tell your mom that you will be sleeping at my place. Don’t worry”

 

I was excited even my response was like I was forced to go. I really want to go to bar and drink. This is my first time going to bar with live music. It will be so fun.

 

I was happy as choosing the clothes which I thought the most stylish one. I chose the black ripped jean with the white oversize shirt which was bought by my dad who thought his son was super big. Let’s it be. I can make it stylish. I wanted to wear a coat over the white shirt, but I didn’t have one except school uniform. So, I sneaked to my dad’s walk-in closet and grab the one I like. It’s a little huge for me but I called it stylish.

 

Beep-beep!

 

I heard the horn of Changsub Hyung car as I ran out from the house quietly making sure no one woke up.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

They both asked excitedly as I nodded with smile.

 

When we arrived the bar, Changsub Hyung talked something to the door keeper as they let us in without complaining anything. The blue, which is the bar name, I heard the DJ kept opening loudly, many people sitting or standing there while holding their glasses chatting the person next to them. I even forgot that I was wearing oversized shirt and coat.

 

Changsub Hyung started to buy us a drink. He ordered something which was come with the small glasses with salt and lime on top.

 

“Drink it one shot”

 

Eunkwang Hyung said as we did cheer and drank it one shot. It was so bitter.

 

“Hyunsik will come, right?”

 

Eunkwang Hyung asked to Changsub Hyung. I didn’t know that new person will be coming. As it was my first time drinking, I was kinda dizzy and high with just one shot. I was just enjoying the DJ without listening to their conversation.

 

“Hey, Bro! We are here”

 

Changsub rushed to his friend who named Hyunsik as he walked toward our table.

 

“What’s up”

 

He greeted to everyone I mean Eunkwang Hyung. Not to me for sure since we never know each other. He was wearing the white t-shirt which has cartoon guy on it and blue jean. He wore nothing but he looks pretty clean and me as a stylish person with oversize shirt.

 

Changsub Hyung ordered a bottle of beer for me but he didn’t introduce me to that stranger, and they were enjoying themselves. The stranger didn’t seem to interest me as well.

 

After awhile, I think after an hour, I heard a sweet voice coming from the small stage at the front of the bar. He was singing my very favorite song (Every Moment of you).

 

“Sometimes, I gaze at you

Because I can’t do anything else but that

Every moment of you

I hope it’ll be me

Just thinking of it overwhelms me,

Filling me with you”

 

This is what I heard until I fell asleep.