Our someday

Paper Airplane

Ilhoon’s POV

 

I was staring at the small window beside my seat as I saw the white clouds which were so pretty. The could I really love. I felt so excited for some reasons. It’s been 3 years that I left my country. Even I have to stay on plane for 23 hours, I didn’t feel tired and my energy didn’t worn out.

 

The country I born, the city I live, the family I miss, and the person I love, I couldn’t wait to see them all. I didn’t tell him that I will be back today. Today is March 05 and his birthday is March 07. I have to stay on plane for 1 and half day so I will be at Seoul in March 06 at night. I decided to go to his place at 12 am at night and make him surprise.

 

I want to see his reaction. I am so nervous. More specifically, my heart is beating like crazy. I will be able to see the person I miss the most in few hours. The smile I miss the most. I am not sure how he looks since we didn’t do video chat. Will you be a little chubbier? Or normal or slimer? He said he gained a bit weight since he ate really well.

 

I made the homemade wood acoustic guitar for him as birthday present. I learned it and made it myself. I know he will really love it. I couldn’t wait to see his reaction when he sees it.

 

My parents, they said they will come and pick me up at airport. I told them to bring my little two babes, my two Pomeranians. I miss them a lot and I am teary whenever I think about them. I think it’s happy tear. I just love them a lot. After being lonely for 3 years, the reunion means a lot to me. People who sat beside me think I am weird since I am crying while looking at the window. I removed my tear quickly with my palm.

 

I am listening the chorus which Hyunsik Hyung wrote.

 

“Someday, let’s meet again on a better day

Let’s be more happy, more cool

Like the ocean with waves

Let’s meet again, I’ll wait for us

Let’s be more happy, more calm

Someday, under the heart fluttering sunlight”

 

“Someday?”

 

I mumbled as I smiled. Are you waiting for us? Thank you for waiting me all these years. We will meet again soon. Very soon that it’s just few hours left. Miles reduced as I am closer to where you are. Let’s be more happy.

 

I think he didn’t continue this song as all even I sometimes mentioned to him. I will change this someday as today. He said he doesn’t have anything to do at his birthday. He likes to stay home.

 

At that time, I heard the sound from operator that the plane has arrived. My heartbeat got faster as I couldn’t wait to see my family.

 

After checking out the luggage, I ran to the family who was looking at me with happy eyes. I ran and hugged my mom then to dad.

 

“You look more handsome, son”

 

My mom flattered me as I laughed.

 

“Where’re my kids, mom?”

 

I asked as I was looking for my two kids.

 

“You don’t miss us”

 

Mom sulked me as I laughed.

 

“Don’t sulk to the kid who just come back”

 

Dad comforted his wife as he laughed. They were happy that I came back.

 

“Your kids are on the car. Let’s go”

 

Dad said as I felt like a kid in front of them. My two kids welcomed me as soon as they saw. They were angry that I left them. They tried to get on me and I hugged both of them.

 

“I miss you guys a lot”

 

I mumbled as I couldn’t control my emotion anymore as my tear fell on my cheek. I thought they would forget me, but they didn’t.

 

As soon as I got WIFI, messages came into my phone. Among them, he was one of them.

 

“Where have you been, kiddo?”

 

He sent several other messages too. I think he worried me. I never cut contact with him more than 8 hours before.

 

“I was sleeping”

 

I replied with grinned emoji.

 

“You never slept that much before”

 

He replied quickly.

 

“I couldn’t sleep last night until morning”

 

I convinced that he finally accepted. He said he was worried because I didn’t wake up. It’s cute.

 

Thank you for worrying me, Hyung.

 

May tomorrow be our someday…