Nice Dream

Paper Airplane

Ilhoon’s POV

 

Today is his birthday. I said happy birthday to him at 12 am and he said thank you. I decided to go to his place at early morning so that we can hang out the whole day. I already ordered the cake for him and birthday present is ready. I am so excited to see him tomorrow.

 

“What’s your plan for tomorrow?”

 

I asked again to make sure.

 

“Nothing really. I gonna stay at home”

 

He said as I was happy. I was so excited for tomorrow that I couldn’t wait anymore. I sticked the blue ribbon at the top of the guitar since he really likes blue.

 

I am so tired since I haven’t slept the whole way and jet lagged. But we haven’t talked for a day, so I got a feeling that he wants to talk with me. I tried not to sleep since I already told him that I was sleeping the whole day. It’s night at his place I mean at Korea. Since I am in Korea as well, we are same.

 

My two babies didn’t leave me the whole night. My mom cooked a lot of food for me which I missed, and my dad had so many things to talk about. It’s all about business.

 

“Don’t stress out the kid with work. He just came back”

 

Mom scolded dad as we giggled. I miss them. I miss how we used to eat together. I miss how my mom cares about me and how my dad wants to talk about his business.

 

At that time, Changsub Hyung and Eunkwang Hyung came to visit me.

 

“Yo Bro! We miss you a lot”

 

Changsub Hyung said as we greeted with hug. Then I hugged Eunkwang Hyung. I have a lot to talk to them.

 

“Kids, I know you guys miss a lot each other but let’s do eat first”

 

Mom said as we laughed and walked to dining room together. My mom doesn’t usually cook but she cooked specially for me today.

 

“I love it. It’s so delicious. I’ve been missing them”

 

I flattered my mom as she was sad.

 

“Eat a lot”

 

She put many foods on me. So, I have to finish it all. After that we headed to my bedroom. As soon as I opened the door of my bedroom, I felt so warm and I was overwhelmed by my feeling. It’s the same with how I left. Seem like my mom cleaned it regularly even I was not there.

 

“Thank you, mom”

 

I didn’t have so many times to do drama since my squad was with me. They helped me carry my things as we walked into the bedroom.

 

“You look like adult now”

 

Changsub Hyung said as I laughed.

 

“I am adult, Hyung”

 

“Since you are adult, shall we go to bar?”

 

Eunkwang Hyung suggested as Changsub Hyung hit him on head.

 

“Ouch…it’s hurt”

 

“Do you wanna know the secret?”

 

I asked to them as they bended down their head to me.

 

“I can drink very well now”

 

I whispered to them as they laughed out loud.

 

“You are officially our squad now”

 

Changsub Hyung said. It was so fun the whole night. We talked like the whole night and they left in the morning. I didn’t have a chance to sleep so I quickly showered as I rushed to go out. I just took one of the cars from the garage since they sold my car already.

 

I am not sure if it is because it’s been a long time since I drove in Seoul or it is because I am driving to him, I felt so nervous and fresh.

 

I called him when I arrived to his place. Yes, with my Korea phone number.

 

“Hello”

 

I heard his sleepy manly voice. Even his mind is still in bed, it couldn’t hide his manly voice.

 

“Hyung, I am in front of your house”

 

I tried to talk calmly. Actually, I am so nervous.

 

“Kiddo? Are you in Korea? Hey…wait”

 

His voice seems surprised as I think he checked the phone number. After a moment, I heard his voice again.

 

I was preparing myself as I was standing in front of his house with the cake on hand and I put the guitar at the passenger seat. I planned to surprise him with the cake and then I will let him sit at the passenger seat so that he can see his present.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

He asked as I giggled.

 

“I was out of online for a day, right? I lied it to you, I didn’t sleep. I was on the plane. Please came out quickly I am cold”

 

“You little unbelievable thing”

 

He still seems surprise.

 

“Give me 3 minutes”

 

He said as we hung up. I hope I didn’t suffer the heart attack in that three minutes.

 

“Beep…beep…beep”

 

What sound is it? I tried to look for it as I didn’t find it. I was peeking at his house expecting him to come out.

 

“Beep…beep…beep”

 

That’s sound is too much. So, I tried to open my eyes. As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw the ceiling, the white ceiling of my room. When I turn to right side, I saw my phone which has alarm beeping. When I checked the time, it’s almost 10:30am. I think I’ve been shutting down the alarm for few times already. I have work. I am late to work.

 

I woke up quickly as I ran to bathroom.

 

As usual, Sungjae was there. I knocked the door continuously as he came out annoyingly.

 

“I am late for work”

 

“You’re annoying”

 

So, it’s all a dream? Super nice dream which I didn’t want to wake up. I am still at Chicago, struggling with work and study. My heart is still beating hard. I didn’t have enough time, so I rushed out from the house.

 

“Not wake up yet?”

 

I saw his message on my phone screen.

 

The long distance is hurt…