Roadtrip

Paper Airplane

Ilhoon’s POV

 

Me and Sungjae planned a trip to go West ia. It’s like nine and half hour drive from Chicago. We both were so excited for the trip as we went Target to buy some snacks and drink to eat on the way. We didn’t bring along Peniel Hyung since he has work. But we didn’t ask if he wanna come along.

 

“Hyung, I want beef jerky. It said spicy beef jerky. It looks delicious. Should I buy 2? I wanna eat one now”

 

He was like a greedy kid who want to buy everything.

 

“No, just buy one. You won’t even finish it”

 

I stopped him from being greedy.

 

Obviously, we both were so excited for the trip.

 

“Do you want soda?”

 

Sungjae asked because he knows I like to drink soda a lot. But he doesn’t like sweet.

 

“Are you drinking too?”

 

I asked as he denied.

 

“I don’t like it. I will drink unsweetened tea”

 

“Then let just buy unsweetened tea”

 

I like both soda and unsweetened tea so it’s okay for me.

 

“Okay”

 

“Let’s buy some chocolate”

 

I said as we bought like 2 bags of chocolate and snacks.

 

I know we are greedy, and we won’t even finish it but seeing them make us happy so why not.

 

I decided to go with my car since his car was not that safe to drive 10 hours.

 

“Hyung, you should sleep. We will leave by 8am. So, we reach there in the evening, went for dinner”

 

We have problems that we can’t sleep if we have to wake up early. But I will try to sleep. He should too. He has to drive as well.

 

I don’t know why but I always want to agree his words and babysit him. He is annoyingly childish sometimes but so nice and protective like mature adult at the other time. He takes care of me a lot. I don’t know if he is just too nice to everyone. We were always together for a year that we feel really close like two persons with one mind. He always agrees to my weirdness and we are always ready to do all the crazy things when we are together. The time goes really fast with him.

 

“Hyung, what do we need?”

 

He asked me while packaging our things. It’s 5 night 6 days trips so we need to pack a lot.

 

“I took two toothbrushes, toothpaste, facial cleaner, shower gel, shampoo. What do we need?”

 

Sungjae asked.

 

“I think we are good”

 

“Don’t forget to bring warm clothes. It’s cold there”

 

I told him that he showed me the clothes he brought.

 

“Are you going to trip or moving out?”

 

I laughed at him when I saw his luggage. He put in almost all the clothes he had.

 

“I don’t know what to take”

 

We giggled. At that time, the message popped up on my phone.

 

“Are you ready for the trip?”

 

I smiled as I replied immediately.

 

“I am still packing. You woke up? Make sure to eat breakfast”

 

“Lazy to get up from bed and nothing to eat at home”

 

“Don’t lazy…get up. Why don’t you order something?”

 

“I will think about it”

 

I don’t know why I am worrying about the fully adult person to eat or not. He is not that slim. He even gained weight. I want to go on the trip with him too. I wonder how I treat him when we are together. Will I treat him like a kid and listen all the whining or I will whine like a kid and he will treat me well?

 

“Kiddo, when will you back? I wanna go trip with you”

 

It’s really unexpected word from him. Are we thinking the same thing now? I even remember the poem, more like a short paragraph, which I wrote a year ago.

 

“When I close my eyes, I see you

I can also see myself smiling.

You are driving beside me

I am sitting beside you

You who like to drive

The car is filled with the song you like

We are talking and singing together

I will be driving when you are tired

Proud looking at you who is sleeping beside me

This is the trip that I have imagined”

 

“Hyung, why are you smiling alone?”

 

I snapped back to reality when I heard Sungjae’s voice.

 

“Umm”

 

“Should I bring this sweater or that sweater?”

 

He was asking advice from fashion king. Haha…he listened to me a lot as he almost became the same style as me. Lol…like a twin.