Daily routine

Paper Airplane

Ilhoon’s POV

 

I woke up with the loud noise from my phone. Yes, I did set the alarm to wake me up since I have to go work. I punched snooze button as I tried to sleep few more minutes. I had to wake up from the second noise if not I will be really late to work. As soon as I opened my eyes, I checked my phone. As expected, I saw a lot of message on screen, but I was looking for one specific person. I smiled as soon as I saw.

 

“I woke up”

 

I texted quickly as I rushed to go to bathroom. I was late. Someone was already in there.

 

“What are you doing, Sungjae?”

 

I shouted while knocking the door. Not really shout but I said in loud voice since I want him to hear clearly.

 

Sungjae, Yook Sungjae, who is my roommate. I mean one of the roommates. I was living with two friends in three-bedroom apartment. Living expense in Chicago is pretty high as I was sharing the space with other, but I got my own room. It’s enough. At that time, I heard someone walking in from the front door. It’s Peniel who is my another roommate. He is American born Korean who can only speak Korean a little bit. Sungjae and me are international student.

 

“Morning, bro”

 

Peniel greeted me as he walked in. He is a sport person, so he always went for the jog every morning.

 

“Aren’t you cold?”

 

The weather is 0’C but he was with vest and short.

 

“You don’t really feel the cold when you exercise”

 

He answered as I shrugged my both shoulder as response. I am not the exercise person so. It can be.

 

At that time Sungjae came out with his half sleeping face.

 

“Are you going to work? I pooped”

 

He smirked as he walked into his room with his eyes close. But I couldn’t wait I have to go so I just closed my nose with my fingers as I walked into the bathroom.

 

I was the right time when I arrived to work. Not early or late just at the right time. I clocked in as I walked into the library from parking lot. It’s so cold. I worked as customer service at the University Library. For the person like me who really love book, working at the library is paradise.

 

“Hello”

 

I greeted to my coworker. It’s all the words I talked to them. I am not that friendly with strangers. I walked to my office desk as I prepared to work.

 

“I have arrived to work”

 

I texted.

 

“Did you bring coffee today?”

 

The replied arrived really fast.

 

“I didn’t have a time”

 

I replied with sad emoji.

 

One coffee a day. I really need coffee lately. Last two years ago, I didn’t drink coffee at all because the caffeine in the coffee made my heart beat really fast and I couldn’t stand the bitterness. It’s too much for me.

 

But he really loves coffee. He said he needs coffee to focus on something. I always wanted to do what he wants to do. I want to accompany him and want to go to café together drinking coffee and talking about the songs he likes and the future. Because of that I started trying to order coffee instead of hot chocolate. Coffee…it’s addicted so does he. They are all addicted. I started to addict the coffee.

 

“I started to write new song last night”

 

He spoke. He really likes to tell me everything he did.

 

“I only get the chord for now. Do you want to listen?”

 

He offered as I gladly accepted.

 

“Someday, let’s meet again on a better day

Let’s be more happy, more cool

Like the ocean with waves

Let’s meet again, I’ll wait for us

Let’s be more happy, more calm

Someday, under the heart fluttering sunlight”

 

He sent me the record of his voice with just guitar. His voice is so sweet. And I really love it. This is also the reason why I started to fall for him. When I first met him, he was singing live at the bar. I was so much addicted to his voice from that day. And it was 8 years ago. Yes, it’s pretty long time when I am in love with him. And it’s just like an idol star.

 

“How’s it?”

 

He doubled text as I realized back.

 

“I really love the lyrics and your voice. It’s so sweet”

 

I replied with smile emoji. But I was way more smiling outside.

 

Let’s meet again. I’ll wait for us. Is this song about us? Are you talking about us? Are you waiting for me? It made my heart beat a little bit. He can be sweet sometime with his poker face. I like everything about him.