Chapter 9

Online Now
That night . . . . .

Max was looking out the window. It was already 4 am. Hana didn't log on both in YM and Multiply and her phone was still busy. He was very worried about Hana.

“Where are you Hana?” Max asked as he stared at the stars. “If I only knew where to find you . . . .Do you know how worried I am right now?” Max sighed.

Then Max's phone received a message. Max hurriedly opened the message. It was from Hana. His heart was beating very fast as he started to read the message.

“Good morning, Max since it is 4 am already. I'm sorry if I suddenly hanged up the phone while we were still talking. I know I didn't even say goodbye so I am apologizing to you now. I am also sorry that I didn't log on today. There was a lot of work at the store today. So I didn't have the time to turn on the computer. Did you wait for me to log on? I'm sorry . . . .I know you're already asleep by now. Sweet dreams, Max.”

Max held the phone tightly, as he read the message. Then after reading, he immediately called Hana.

“Hello . . . .” Hana answered.

“You're still awake?” Max asked.

Hana laughed. “ Yes . . . . and so are you.”

Max also laughed. “I was waiting for you to go online,” he suddenly answered.

Hana's heart suddenly skipped a beat after hearing what he said.

“Oh . . . .Sorry. I was a bit busy,” Hana said.

“It's okay. So how are you?” Max asked.

“I'm fine. Why do you ask?” she asked.

Max suddenly paused before answering.

“While we were talking on the phone . . . .I heard you and your boyfriend arguing,” Max said.

“Oh . . . .that. . . . he was just mad as usual,” Hana said as she tried to think of other things to say.

“I tried to call you again but your phone was busy all day long. What happened?” Max asked.

“I didn't notice my phone was already out of battery. Sorry . . .” Hana replied.

“It's okay. So what did your boyfriend say to you? If you don't mind me asking,” Max said.

“He was mad as usual. He's usually like that with me almost everyday . . . .” Hana replied.

“What?” Max asked.

“He says I always make him angry because I don't do anything right,” Hana said with a sad voice.

Max's heart started to ache. “How could a guy treat a girl like that?” He asked himself. “How can he treat Hana like that” his heart was asking.

“Why do you stay with him? ( “I am here” he thought) There are a lot of other guys who would surely cherish you ( “Just like me” he thought again.). . . .who would take care of you. Why are you staying with him? Do you love him that much?” Max asked with concern.

Hana smiled. Max was concerned with her. “Could it be possible that he also has feelings for me?” she asked herself.

“Max . . . .don't worry. I have already decided to break up with Jong Soo,” Hana said.

Max couldn't believe what he heard. His heart was already rejoicing. Hana was going to break up with Jong Soo. Now he had a chance to confess his feelings for her. Now . . . . . he can finally tell her that he loved her.

“Max . . . .I have something to tell you . . . .” Hana said.

“What?” Max asked.

Hana laughed. “I can only tell you after I have settled things with Jong Soo.”

“Why?” Max suddenly became curious.

“It's very . . . .very important . . . .but as of now . . .I still can't tell you. Can you wait . . .until I have broken up with Jong Soo?” Hana asked.

Max didn't know what to say. His heart was beating so fast.

“Is she going to tell me that she loves me too?' Max asked himself. “Impossible!”

“What's impossible?” Hana asked.

Max suddenly snapped out of what he was thinking.

“Oh . . . .nothing,” Max answered.

Hana laughed again. “Maybe you're already sleepy. You should take a rest now . . . Max,” she said sweetly.

Max's heart suddenly skipped a beat. How he loved to hear Hana say his name over and over again.

“You should sleep too. You have classes in about three hours,” Max said.

Hana laughed. “It's in already two hours to be exact.”

Max looked at his watch. It was already 5 am.

“You can still sleep for at least an hour. You should take a rest,” Max said with concern.

Hana was so touched with Max's sweetness.

“We should both take a rest now okay?” Hana asked.

“Okay,” Max replied.

“Sweet dreams . . . . Max.”

“Sweet dreams. . . . Hana.”

Then they both closed their phones and went to bed. As they were lying on their beds, they were both staring at the ceiling and thinking . . . . .

“I love you . . . . Hana. I didn't know how to tell you but I will surely find a way . . .” Max said to himself.

“I love you . . . . Max. The next time I talk with you . . . nothing will be holding me back from telling you how I truly feel about you. I know it's improper to be the first to tell you my feelings since I'm the girl. But I want to be true to myself . . . . and to you. Now . . . . I am very sure . . . I love you Max . . . .”