Chapter 5

Online Now
Several days later . . . . .

“What's wrong with Max?” U-Know asked Jaejoong as he silently observed that Max wasn't his usual self that morning . . . .not just that morning but it has been several days to be exact.

Jaejoong just looked at Max. He still pitied Max.

“What's wrong with you?” Xiah asked with concern. He also noticed that Max wasn't even eating.

“Are you sick? Is something hurting? Why aren't you eating? We're not used to seeing you not eating . . . .” Micky said also with concern.

“I'm fine. I just don't have any appetite today,” Max answered.

Xiah looked at Jaejoong as if waiting for an explanation. Jaejoong looked at Max again. He wanted to say something but not in front of Max. Micky and U-Know just helplessly looked at Max. They both knew that something was bothering their little brother.

They all loved Max like their own brother. It was very hard for them to see Max so down. They are so used to seeing him so bright and cheerful everyday. And seeing him now like this was very depressing for them as well. They wanted to ask Max what was really wrong. But they all just pretended to not notice his sudden change.

After having breakfast, Max immediately went to his room. Leaving Micky, Xiah, Jaejoong and U-Know free to talk with each other.

“So what's wrong with Max?” Xiah asked Jaejoong curiously.

“Well . . . . it seems he has fallen in love with Hana,” Jaejoong answered with a low voice.

“Hana?” Xiah and Micky both asked surprisedly.

“Yes,” Jaejoong replied.

“Hana . . . . the girl who he chats with every night?” Xiah asked.

“Hana . . . . the girl who he just met? Are you serious?” Micky asked in total disbelief.

“The right question now is if Max is serious with Hana . . . .” U-Know suddenly commented.

“Yeah . . . .are you sure that he's really in love with her? Maybe he has a crush on her or something . . . but in love? I don't think that it's possible,” Micky said again.

“Well . . . have you seen the sudden change in him lately? The extra bright smile every morning . . . the late night chats with her . . . . he is also always hurrying to get home so he can chat with her . . . . “ Jaejoong asked the other DBSK members.

“Yes, he did changed a lot since he met her . . .but how can you be sure that he has fallen in love with her?” Xiah asked again.

“He told me himself,” Jaejoong answered.

“Oh . . . .” Micky, Xiah and U-Know all said in unison with a smile on their faces.

“So what's the big deal? So what's wrong if he's fallen in love with her?” Micky suddenly asked.

Jaejoong looked at the other DBSK members. “She just answered a guy a few days ago . . . .and during that time Max was just planning to confess to her about his feelings for her . . . . but the other guy confessed first. So he's very sad and heart-broken now.”

Micky, Xiah and U-Know all looked at each other. Now they knew what was wrong with Max. They pitied their little brother. They all knew how hard it was to fall in love and be heart-broken in the end.

“And another reason why he's very sad is because . . . . . well . . . . . the girl hasn't logged on for days now . . . . . and he's sort of missing her,” Jaejoong said with a sad expression on his face.

“She hasn't logged on? That's strange . . . .During the whole two months that they've known each other, they have always talked online everyday, haven't they?” Micky suddenly asked.

“Yes . . . .Max thinks that Hana may be busy with her boyfriend so she isn't logging on lately,” Jaejoong answered.

“That's so sad,” Xiah suddenly said. “It must be really hard for him then.”

“He has been logging on for days trying to see whether Hana was online or not,” Jaejoong answered.

“Well . . . .does he know where she live or where she works?” Xiah suddenly asked.

“No . . . .he just knows where the girl studies . . . .” Jaejoong replied again.

“We can't help him then. It's so sad. I can't bear to see him that way . . . .” Xiah said with a long sigh.

“What do you guys suggest we do?” Jaejoong suddenly asked.

“What can we do?” U-Know answered. “We don't know the girl's full name, where she lives or where she works. What are we supposed to do? Go to her school and ask if there is a student there by the name of Hana?” U-Know answered.

Jaejoong suddenly smiled. “Not a bad idea . . . .”

“Be a little more realistic . . . . There will surely be more than one Hana in a large university like that,” U-Know said again.

“All we can do now is just help him to recover, I guess,” Micky said.

“Yes, maybe we can take him out or something,” Xiah suggested.

“As if he would actually go out with us. We all know that he would rather stay all day looking at the computer than go out. He has been on the computer for several nights now and waiting patiently for her to log on. Sometimes I would look at him, and seeing him like that just tears my heart into pieces,” Jaejoong said sadly.

Xiah, Micky and Jaejoong suddenly became silent. Max had suddenly appeared and was already listening to their conversation.

“Hyung . . . .” Max said to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong suddenly looked at Max. He didn't know what to say.

Max looked at Jaejoong. “So you have already told them everything hyung? I guess . . . . . they should also know about it. I don't want to keep any secrets from any one of you guys.So I guess it's okay,” he said as he tried to smile. Then he looked at the other DBSK members. “Sorry. . . .I know that all of you are worried about me. You don't have to worry anymore. I've finally decided to try and forget all about Hana from now on. Maybe it was just a test for me,” again he tried to smile even though his heart was breaking.

The other DBSK boys just stared at Max as he talked. They all knew that he was just trying to act strong, but in fact he was already hurting inside. They all wanted to comfort him but they didn't know what to do.

Max suddenly turned and walked away. He didn't want the other DBSK members to see his tears. He felt emptiness.. . . hopelessness . . . . He had been waiting for Hana for the last few days. But she hadn't logged on. He didn't know what her reason was. But waiting for her was making him insane.

If he had only asked where she lived or where she worked exactly, then he would at least know where to look first. And he didn't even know her full name . . . Max sighed. It was really impossible for him to find her now. Silently Max shook his head as if trying to get Hana out of his mind.

From now on he was going to try and forget Hana. Then he told himself that starting that night he was going to avoid using the computer.

That night . . . .

Max stared at the ceiling. He was lying quietly on his bed. It was already 11pm. He had been trying to stop himself from opening his computer. He didn't want to go online today . . . .or tomorrow . . . . . or the day after tomorrow.

He was going to avoid using his computer for a while. He was going to forget Hana. He continuously reminded himself.

“Maybe she is online tonight . . “ Max said to himself. “I know there is a reason why she hasn't logged in for days. It's not because of her new boyfriend. She is still my friend. . . So there is nothing wrong if we still chat online.”

Max stared at the ceiling again. He was thinking about what Hana looked like. Then he smiled. He wanted to talk with her again. He was really missing her. As he was thinking about Hana, Max slowly fell into a deep sleep.