Chapter 1

Online Now
"Finally we can all have some rest!" Xiah said as he and the other DBSK members all went inside their apartment unit.

"I'm tired!" Jaejoong said.

"I want to sleep already," Micky said.

"I also want to sleep . . . . .Let's just all go to bed . . . ." U-Know said.

"Well . . . . .I want to eat . . . ." Max suddenly said.

The other DBSK members all looked at Max.

"You're still hungry?" Jaejoong asked. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Hyung . . . .I am still hungry really . . . . " Max said with a pitiful expression on his face.

Jaejoong and the other DBSK members all laughed at Max.

"Sometimes I wonder how his future girlfriend will react regarding his appetite," Micky said with a laugh.

"I'm sure the poor girl will be totally shocked to death," Xiah said with a wide grin.

"Okay . . . .Okay . . . .Enough with the laughs. Let's just all go to bed," U-Know said again.

"But . . . . I really want to eat!" Max said again. He was looking at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong sighed. "Okay . . . .I'll fix you something to eat before I go to sleep. Just make sure you wash all dishes okay?"

"Yes . . . . hyung," Max announced.

It was already 11pm, but Max still couldn't sleep. He suddenly decided to turn on the computer. And browse the internet while he was trying to pass the time.

A friend of his told him to visit a site that his friend is currently active in.

He immediately typed in Multiply. He signed in and registered under a false name like what he usually does.

After several minutes of viewing his friend's site. He suddenly decided to just search randomly. He didn't know what to search for. So he just started to search for poems since the last time he went online he read a very wonderful love poem.

After typing in poems, he got several choices. He started to browse again. Then he started to to read a poem.

Falling In Love

Falling in love is a precious feeling
It expresses love and care for the one
You are in love with
Falling in love happens suddenly
You cannot know where you'll be in love
It might happen in the park, while you're roaming
Or it might happen in the library, while you're reading
You'll never know who you'll fall in love with
You might fall in love with a very close friend
Or you might fall in love with an enemy
Falling in love is really fantastic
You'll never determine what it really feels like
Falling in love is a feeling which we will all feel
Even if we don't want to fall in love
We cannot stop ourselves
Because when the time's right
It just happens and before you know it
You are in love
Falling in love is really great
When you're in love it feels like heaven
Others don't want to fall in love because they're afraid
Afraid to be heartbroken
Then they discover that in order to fall in love
You have to face fear and after you have over come fear
You will have to feel pain and after you have felt pain
Only then you will triumph
And you will have the real love
That is destined for you to gain.

After reading the poem, Max smiled and stared blankly at the computer monitor for several minutes. He really liked the girl's poem. He started to browse the girl's site again. There were many poems in her blog. He started to scan it one by one. He liked all of it.

Then an idea came into his mind. There was nothing wrong with having a new friend on the internet. Then he went to the girl's home page and clicked the add as contact button.

He started to browse again, then after a few seconds his invitation was accepted. He immediately went back to the girl's homepage . . . .and he saw the Online Now under the girl's name. He didn't notice it before.

Max smiled again. Then he received a personal message from the girl.

“Hi! Thanks for the invite . . . .”

Max smiled again. “This is interesting,” he thought.

"Hello!" he typed back. "I really like your poems. So what do you do? I mean are you still studying or already working?"

After a minute, a reply came.

"Actually I'm both studying and working at the same time. How about you?"

Max paused for a minute. He was thinking, if he should tell her the truth or not. Then he decided to just tell her the truth but only in small details.

"I'm currently more focused on work nowadays. I have already stopped going to school. So I can concentrate more on my work," Max typed back.

"I know your situation. I know how hard it is to study and work at the same time. There are times that I just want to quit my studies and just work. But then I think about what I promised my mother before she died. She made me promise that no matter what happened I will still try to finish my studies and be a successful writer. You see . . . . my mother died when I was only fifteen years old. Even before when she was still alive, she had already sick for quite some time. So I had to work as well. So I had to study and work both at the same time . . . .since I was ten years old. I'm already nineteen now. So that means I've been working and studying both at the same time for nine years now."

Max was impressed. He had never met a girl like her before. He became more interested in learning more about the girl.

"So I haven't said my real name yet, have I? My name is Max . . . .I just use the name Shin as a username. How about you? Can I know your real name?"

While waiting for a reply, Max suddenly thought if it was a good idea to give out his real name. But then he thought there was a lot of guys who use the name Max. So there wasn't any reason to be worried.

"My real name is Hana . . . . same as my username. It's really nice to meet you Max. I don't want know why but I really like talking to you. I hope we can be good friends here in Multiply."

After Max read Hana's reply, he suddenly smiled. Then he realized he had been smiling constantly ever since he started exchanging messages with the girl. He suddenly saw the time. It was already 12 o' clock.

"I'm glad to have you as a new friend as well. And I also like talking to you. So I hope you won't mind me asking but why are you online so late in the evening . . . .you said you're working and studying at the same time. So why aren't you resting now?" Max asked.

"I am currently working right now. I go to school from 7 am to 5 pm. Then I go to work from 7 pm to 3 am. There's a computer here where I work. So you can always see me online from 7 pm to 3 am. Oh! By the way, I work at a convenience store," Hana answered.

Max was very amazed with the girl. She was very hardworking and honest. She was very open with every detail about her life.

Max suddenly thought that he had never met such an extraordinary girl in his whole life. Then he started to wonder what the girl looked like. He smiled. He didn't care about the girl's looks that much. What mattered most to him was a girl's character. And so far, Hana has already exceeded his standards. She was truly one amazing girl. And Max was very glad to have met her.

“So can I ask do you still have time to rest and sleep with such a hectic schedule?” Max asked.

After a few minutes, Hana replied.

“Hahahah . . . .I've managed to survive somehow. Usually after school I just go straight home. Then I take a nap for about an hour. Then when I get up, I try to do a little cleaning and arranging here and there. Then I cook my dinner and eat . . . .then I go to work. Sometimes when I am here at my work . . . .I doze of for a few minutes every now and then. After I get off work at 3 am. I go straight home and sleep. Then I wake up at aoround 6 am and prepare for school and cook breakfast. Then at 6:30, I go to school. Well . . . .that's how my everyday routine works.”

Max felt pity for Hana. He could imagine how hard her life must be. He couldn't explain it. But he suddenly became concerned about her.

“Max . . . .you're still on the computer? Go to bed . . . We have an early pictorial tomorrow. You should rest,” Jaejoong said aas he tried to keep his eyes open.

“Yes . . . hyung. I'll log out in a few minutes.”

“You're disturbing my sleep . . . .with the typing and clicking . . . .” Jaejoong said as he covered his head with a pillow.

Max looked at Jaejoong. Then he looked at the computer monitor.

“Well . . . .Good night Hana . . .I have to sleep now. I hope we can chat again tomorrow,” Max typed.

“Yes, we can talk again tomorrow. It has been nice talking with you Max. Good night and sweet dreams,” Hana typed back.

Max happily closed the computer. He had a new friend. And she was very nice.

As Max slipped into his bed, he suddenly thought going online suddenly became more interesting.