Chapter 2

Online Now
“Max . . . Max . . . .Hurry up!” Jaejoong shouted.

“Breakfast is almost gone!” Micky shouted.

Xiah and U-Know both laughed. Max suddenly appeared still yawning.

“Why? You didn't get enough sleep?” Xiah asked.

“He had been online up to 12 midnight ,” Jaejoong said.

“What? 12 midnight? You were searching Han Ga in's pictures again?” Xiah teased.

“Hyung . . . .” Max said to Xiah as he blushed.

Jaejoong, Xiah, Micky and U-Know all laughed. Whenever Han Ga In's name was mentioned Max would surely blush and become very sensitive.

“What if we ask our manager to have Han Ga In in one of our MVs?” Micky asked the other DBSK members.

“What?” Max suddenly asked.

Xiah burst out laughing. “Look at his expression! Oh! Look at his face!” Xiah couldn't stop laughing.

Max suddenly became very conscious.

“I wonder how Max would react to having Han Ga In around the set,” Jaejoong said with a smile.

“Well . . . . he surely won't be able to take his eyes off her . . . that's for sure,” Xiah said while still laughing.

U-Know tried to stop himself from laughing. “Come on guys. Let's just eat. We have a hectic schedule today.”

While the DBSK boys were eating, Max suddenly remembered Hana. He was wondering if she was already awake and if she was already having breakfast. He suddenly smiled.

“Max is smiling by himself now . . . .” Xiah said.

“Maybe he is still thinking of Han Ga In,” Micky also teased.

“Oh . . . . Stop it hyung!” Max said with a smile.

“So what were you doing so late on the computer?” U-Know asked.

“Well I met a girl while online last night,” Max answered.

“Who! Han Ga In?” Xiah teased again. He just couldn't stop himself from teasing Max. He just love seeing Max's expression whenever Han Ga In is mentioned.

“No! Her name is Hana,” Max replied.

“Hana? Hana . . . .Hana . . . . Han Ga In . . . .Sounds same to me,” Xiah said with a smile.

“So where did you meet this girl?” Jaejoong asked.

“At Multiply . . . .” Max answered.

“Multiply? . . . .Multiply? . . . .Sorry, haven't heard . . . .” Micky said.

“Well . . . .a friend of mine told me about that site. I just wanted to check my friend's blog and I started to browse. Then I found this girl's blog. And I really liked all her poems. So I decided to add her as one of my contacts. She accepted my request. Then we started exchanging messages. She's really very nice and hardworking too,” Max said as he ate the food in front of him.

Jaejoong smiled. “So that's why you were so busy last night.”

“So what does she do? Is she a student?” U-Know asked.

“Yes . . . .she's very hardworking and very nice as well,” Max said again.

“Is our baby brother getting interested in a girl?” Xiah asked teasingly.

“Hyung . . . .you're always teasing . . . .” Max said.

U-Know, Jaejoong and Micky laughed as they watched Max and Xiah tease each other continuously.

Night time came . . . .

Max hurriedly opened his computer. He was very eager to see if Hana was online. Once he saw that she was online, he felt very happy. He really wanted to talk with her again.

He immediately sent her a message.

“Hi! How are you? Are you busy?”

“No . . . .How was you day?” Hana asked.

“Fine . . . but quite tiring. We had a lot of work today,” Max answered.

“So what kind of work do you do? And how old are you?” Hana asked.

Max didn't know how to answer Hana's question.

“I'm 21 and I'm . . . .I'm working at a record company as an assistant.” Max knew that it was bad that he lied to her. But he couldn't tell her who he really was.

“Really? You're working for a record company? That really must be tiring. Then you should take a rest now if you're very tired already . . . “ Hana typed back.

“Sorry . . . .Hana . . .Sorry I lied to you. But I can't tell you who I really am,” Max said as he stared at the computer monitor.

“So if you tired already you should take a rest now. We can talk again tomorrow. There is always a tomorrow, you know . . . .” Hana typed again.

“No, I'm not not sleepy yet. We can still talk until I get sleepy,” Max typed.

“Okay . . . . Just tell me if you're sleepy already, and I'll stop bothering you,” Hana said as a reply.

Max smiled. She was really very considerate.

“Do you use Yahoo Messenger or MSN?” Max suddenly asked Hana.

“YM . . . .Why?” Hana asked.

“Can you give me your email add so I can add you? Exchanging messages in Multiply is too slow for me. I want to talk to you in a much easier and faster way.” Max typed back.

“Okay . . . . Well, my email add is . . . .” and Hana gave Max her email add.

Max immediately added Hana as one of his contacts in his YM account.

He really wanted to know Hana better. She seemed to be a very interesting person. And then Max suddenly thought that he hasn't had a constant online buddy for almost a year now. He suddenly started to miss his friend who used to chat with him. His friend had to study abroad and was studying in Germany. They would still chat with each other every now and then, but not everyday now. Since his friend is also very busy as well.

“Hello!” Hana's message appeared in his YM.

Max smiled. Now he can talk with her faster.

“Hello! So how was your day at school?” Max asked.

“Fine . . . .But some girls were bothering me,” Hana answered.

“Why?” Max asked.

“Because they were very angry that I got good grades and they didn't. They wanted to make my life difficult,” Hana answered.

“Why?” Max asked. He was very concerned with Hana.

“Because . . . .I didn't help them do a group project that they were supposed to do. I didn't help them not because I didn't want to. But I didn't have the time. I told them that I was working and I barely had time to sleep. But they wouldn't accept my explanation,” Hana answered.

“Really? That's so mean. Well, what did they do to you?” Max asked.

“They threw all my notes out the window, and I basically had to go down from our school building and picked up all my notes scattered at the school ground,” Hana replied.

Max suddenly became furious with the girls that Hana was referring to.

“How can they be so mean to you? Did you tell anyone about what they did?” Max asked again.

“No . . . . I didn't want to make a big deal out of it anymore. And besides if I reported them . . . then they would just get more angrier with me,” Hana answered.

Max sighed. He wished he could help her.

“So what are you doing right now?” Max asked.

“Well . . . . I am chatting with you . . . . . hahhahhaha . . . .But kidding aside, I am currently doing a research project that I have to submit tomorrow . . . And you?” Hana asked.

“I am just browsing the internet . . . .Multiply to be exact . . . .your blog to be exact . . .” Max answered.

“Hahahhahha . . . . . .you shouldn't get too obssessed with my poems. They can be sort of too dramatic . . .” Hana said.

“That's okay . . . .I like dramas,” Max answered as a joke.

Hana smiled as she read Max's reply. He was really a very nice guy. And she was starting to enjoy talking with him. She noticed that while she was talking with him, she was somehow able to forget all her problems. Hana sighed. Her life was very hard and she really needed a friend who she can talk to. And somehow Max came at a right time.

“So aren't you sleepy yet?” Hana asked Max.

“Well . . . .I am sort of a little sleepy now,” Max replied.

“Well . . . .It's time for you to take a rest now. You still have work tomorrow. Go to bed already. We can talk again tomorrow, okay . . .” Hana typed.

Max looked at the computer monitor. He didn't want their conversation to end. But he was really very sleepy already.

“Okay . . . .Good Night! Let's chat again tomorrow. And take care of yourself. Don't let other girls bully you around,” Max typed back.

“Okay . . . .Thanks for the concern. Sweet dreams. . . .”

As Max closed his computer, he couldn't understand what he was feeling. He had only met Hana yesterday. And he was already very much concerned with her already. Max laughed. He couldn't possibly like her that fast, he thought to himself.

As Max was trying to sleep, he couldn't stop thinking about what Hana had told him. He was concerned that the girls who were bullying Hana would do something bad again to her.

Why am I so concerned? He asked himself again. And with that question in mind, Max finally fell asleep.