Chapter 14

Online Now
Hana had been watching the rain fall down for hours through the the stores' windows. She didn't know why but she couldn't stop feeling that something was wrong. She looked at the window again . . . .”What's wrong? Why am I feeling this way?” she asked herself again.

Then Hana's attention suddenly shifted to the computer monitor. It was only yesterday when Xiah, Jaejoong, Micky and U-Know came to see her. Hana smiled. Max was very lucky to have friends who care for him so much.

“Max. . . .” Hana suddenly thought. Max wasn't logged on. It was very strange. It was already ten o' clock and it seems he wasn't going to log on his YM account that day.

Hana suddenly became very worried. “Maybe he's sick . . . .” she suddenly thought. “Jaejoong said that he hadn't been eating much lately . . . .or maybe he got tired of waiting already,” she suddenly murmured to herself.

Hana looked at the window again. The rain was pouring heavily. “Something's wrong . . . .” she said to herself.

Hours passed and it was already time for Hana to leave. Th rain was still pouring,.so she took out her umbrella. She was busy opening her umbrella as she went out of the store that she didn't notice someone was waiting patiently for her on the side of the store.

After finally opening her umbrella, she then looked around. It was only then that she saw him . . . . a very familiar figure. He was wearing a jacket with a hood just like his friends who had visited her a day before.

Hana silently walked up to the figure. Once the man saw her, he immediately pulled down his hood.

“Max . . . .what are you doing here? It's late and it's raining,” Hana said with concern. She saw that Max was already soaked in then rain.

“I . . . .I'm waiting for you,” Max tried to answer.

Hana looked closely at Max. She could feel something was wrong. Then she noticed that Max was shivering. Unconsciously . . . .Hana suddenly touched Max's face.

As soon as her hand touched his face, she suddenly panicked. Max was very hot. He had a fever.

“Max . . . . you're sick. Why did you let yourself be soaked in the rain?” Hana said with concern. She didn't know what to do. She was very concerned with Max. She had to help him somehow. He was already very sick. She could see that his face was already pale and his whole body was trembling.

Hana suddenly thought that she had only one choice. She had to take care of him . . . . so she had to take him home with her. Her house was only a few houses away from the store.

“Max . . . .” Hana uttered. “Come on . . . .come with me. Do you think you can still walk?” she asked with concern.

“Y . . . .yes. . . “Max uttered. He was already feeling very weak. He had been waiting outside the store for hours now. He didn't mind being wet in the rain. What mattered most to him was that he could see and talk to Hana.

Hana looked at Max's pitiful state. How she wished she could just hug him and take away all the emotional and physical pain he was feeling. Her heart was aching as she looked at how pitiful Max was at that moment.

Hana suddenly took off her jacket and wrapped it around Max.

“No . . . . don't take off your jacket. It's cold,” Max suddenly said.

Hana's heart suddenly skipped a beat. “Why are you so nice? Don't you know you're making my cold heart melt?” Han asked Max in her mind.

“You need this jacket more than I do. You're sick . . . .so I am taking you home with me . . . .” Hana said as she gently guided Max to her home.

While they were walking, Max just kept silent. He didn't know what to say. He was already feeling very sick that his head and his whole body was aching. But even with all the pain he was feeling, he was also very happy. Because Hana was with him right at that exact moment. He was happy that she was concerned about him. He was happy that she was taking him with her to her house. And he was happy that she was going to take care of him.

Hana, on the other hand, was already panicking. She was very worried with Max. She was concerned that she may not be able to take care of him properly. She was thinking whether she should call Max's friends or not. She really wanted to bring Max to a hospital, but she couldn't do it. Sh wouldn't want to cause any unwanted scandals or news that may affect the DBSK's image.

Hana then just decided to take Max home and just take care of him. Personally. She would try her best to take care of him. She wouldn't let anything bad happen to him.

After almost fifteen minutes of walking . . . .Hana and Max finally arrived at Hana's house. It was a very small house with only one room and limited open space.

“Come in . . . .” Hana said to Max as she gently helped him into her home and helped him into her room where she made him lie down.

“Thank you . . . .” Max uttered. Max's heart was beating very fast not because of his fever but because of the fact that he was so close to Hana. He was so happy that she was obviously worried about him.

Hana immediately left the room. She looked for any clothing that Max could wear. She was able to find a robe that could fit Max. She hurriedly went to her room again.

“Max. . . . do you think you can take off your clothes? You've got to change . . . .your clothes are all wet . . . .” Hana said.

Max looked at Hana. He felt very weak. But somehow having Hana near him was making all the pain he was feeling right at that moment all worth it.

“Max . . . . can you change your clothes?” Hana asked again.

Max just nodded. Then Hana handed the robe to him and left the room. Max immediately took off all his clothing and put on the robe. He felt very cold. He wanted to stop his body from trembling but no matter how he tried he just couldn't.

After several minutes, Hana entered the room with a small bowl of water and a towel. She then gently wiped Max's face with the towel.

Max's fever was starting to get worse. Hana saw that his whole body was already trembling. She wanted to help him but she didn't know him.

“Max . . . .Max I'm sorry. I don't have any medicine here. I forgot I already used up my stocked medicine the last time I got sick. Can I leave you for a few minutes? I'll just go back to the store and buy some medicine for you,” Hana said to Max.

Max opened his eyes and looked at Hana. He didn't want her to leave him, even for one second. He just wanted her to be his side.

“I'll be all right. Don't worry about me. It's raining outside. I don't want you to go out into the rain again. You might get sick,” Max said softly and then he tried to smile.

Hana became very worried again.

“Should I call your friends?” Hana asked Max.

“You don't have to bother them. They are all sleeping by now. I'll be all right. I just need to lie down for an hour or so,” Max replied again with a smile.

Hana's heart was slowly breaking as she watched Max trembling. She was feeling very helpless. She then decided to leave him and buy some medicines for him. She just couldn't stand watching Max suffer.

As she was about to get up and leave, Max suddenly grabbed her hand.

“Don't leave me . . . . .please,” he begged.

Hana looked straight into Max's eyes. Somehow at that moment . . . .they could both see through each other's hearts.

“Please . . . . don't leave,” Max uttered again.