Chapter 29

Online Now
As soon as Max saw the doctor . . . . he hurriedly walked up to her and asked about Hana.

“Doctor . . . . how is she? . . . . and the baby?” Max asked nervously. He was very scared of what the doctor might answer.

The doctor slowly shook her head. “Are you the father of the child?” she asked.

“Yes . . . .” Max replied.

“Why didn't you take care of her better? . . . . . I'm sorry to say this . . . . but both the mother and the child are in danger. The girl was already in a poor health condition even before she became pregnant. Her heart is in a weak state ever since she was a child. I had already advised her to stop working and schooling, so nothing like this would happen. Now I can see she didn't follow my instructions because she's in a worse state right now. As for the child . . . . there is a big possibility that the child might be aborted if the girl's bleeding still doesn't stop by tonight. . . . If they can both manage to survive by tonight . . . .then I can finally guarantee that they will be out of danger by tomorrow. So let's all hope and pray. . . . for both of them to hold on . . . .and I do hope they can make it through the night,” the doctor said.

Max felt like the world suddenly closed down on him. He felt so sick. He wanted to just hit himself over and over again. Ji-Young was right. This was all his fault. Now he knew he truly deserved Jong Soo hitting him and Ji-Young slapping him. He was a total jerk. Max kept on blaming himself over and over again.

“Can I see her?” Max asked the doctor with a trembling voice.

The doctor nodded. “Yes . . . but she's still unconscious.”

“It's all right. I just want to see her. . . .” Max replied.

Max and the others slowly entered Hana's room. Max didn't know what to expect once he entered the room. He knew he wouldn't like what he was going to see.

Once inside the room . . . . . Max's heart suddenly stopped beating. Somehow he felt like couldn't breathe. He stood silent . . . . and staring at Hana.

The other DBSK members also couldn't believe what they were seeing. Their hearts were all breaking as well. They couldn't believe the Hana they have all grown to love and care about was now lying in a hospital bed . . . .unconscious and fighting for her life.

Max slowly approached Hana. His heart was pounding. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Somehow he kept on telling himself that it was all just a dream . . . . and that he would wake up any moment.

But seconds passed . . . . minutes passed . . . . Max was still looking at Hana . . . .lying unconscious on the hospital bed. Max felt like he was dying over and over again. The pain was too unbearable.

Slowly Max sat down beside Hana's bed. Then he gently took Hana's hand and kissed it. Afterwards, he held Hana's hand between his two hands. Then he started to cry.

Ji-Young, Jong Soo and the other DBSK boys all felt the pain that Max was feeling as they all watched him cry beside Hana.

U-Know suddenly left the room . . . followed by the others. They knew Max needed some time alone with Hana.

Max's heart was aching as he stared at Hana. She was very pale and she had also lost some weight. Then his gaze focused at Hana's slightly enlarged abdomen. Slowly he touched it . . . . caressed it.

Again Max cried uncontrollably.

“Hana . . . .why? Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me you're pregnant? Hana . . . . I'm sorry. Please forgive me . . . . Can you please give me another chance? . . . Please don't leave me . . . . I don't think I can ever live without you . . . . I know I had been unfair and had done so many hurtful things to you . . . . I'm sorry,” Max uttered as he kissed Hana's hand again. Then he gently held Hana's hand close to his cheek.

“Do you know how much I miss having your hand caress my face. I still remember how much you love pinching my cheeks,” Max somehow laughed.

“I missed you Hana. I missed you so much. . . . . I know I should explain a lot of things to you . . . . but I never got the chance . . . . When I first met Yun Hee . . . . I knew I was instantly attracted to her. She was very attractive . . . . glamorous . . . . expressive . . . . . I was a fool . . . . I mistook that attraction as love. I thought I had fallen in love with her . . . . I thought I loved her. But I guess I was wrong . . . . totally wrong,” Max said as tears continued to flow from his eyes.

“I knew during the times when I was rehearsing with Yun Hee . . . . I was already taking you for granted . . . . But being so kind . . . . you didn't even complain . . . . not even once. As time passed, and I spent more and more time with Yun Hee and less and less time with you. That's when I thought I was already in love with her,” Max uttered as he gently squeezed Hana's hand.

“I'm sorry . . . . I hurt you. When I broke up with you . . . my heart was breaking also. But I guess I was too stupid to even realize what my own heart was telling me . . . . After I've broken up with you . . . . it was only then I realized my mistake . . . . Even if I was with Yun Hee . . . .it was you I was thinking about. I suddenly realized . . . I wasn't in love with Yun Hee . . . but I was in love with you . . . . I am still . . . in love with you.”

Max looked at Hana. Then slowly and gently he kissed her on the lips. As Max lovingly stared at Hana's face up close, his tears kept on falling. Lovingly . . . he then caressed Hana's face with his hand.

“Hana . . . . please wake up! Please give me another chance . . . . a chance to make it up to you . . . . and to our baby . . . . I love you Hana . . . . Can you hear me? I love you . . . . I don't want to lose you.”

Again Max touched Hana's abdomen.

“Baby . . . . I'm sorry . . . . Your father has been very . . . . very bad to your mother. Are you angry with me as well? Please forgive me . . . I know I have made you and your mother suffer a lot. Please believe me . . . . I didn't know . . . . about you. If I had only known . . . . then this would have never happened . . . . Baby . . . please hold on . . . . Please try to fight . . . . Don't let go of your mother . . . . I want both of you to fight and try to live . . . . I don't want to lose either one of you . . . . I don't think I can live with out you . . . . both of you. So please try to hold on.”

Max suddenly stopped talking . . . . somehow he felt a warm feeling as his hand rested on Hana's abdomen. “Is my baby trying to tell me something?” he asked himself.

Max suddenly smiled. He then started to gently caress Hana's abdomen again.

“Baby . . . . please don't go okay?. . . . I promise if you give me another chance. . . I'll surely make it up to you and your mother. I will give you everything you need . . . . I promise I'll be the best father . . . . I promise I won't ever let you down again . . . . Please don't leave me . . .” Max said as his tears continued to flow.

Max felt his heart and his mind was going to explode. He was feeling so many emotions. . . . mixed emotions he couldn't control.

“Hana . . . . please don't leave me . . . . I love you. . . . I love you . . . . I can't live without you . . . . Please open your eyes and look at me . . . . How I missed the way you would look at me with love in your eyes . . . . Do you know how much I have missed you? Ever since we broke up I have constantly been online just waiting for you to be online as well. How I missed chatting with you on the computer and talking with you on the phone . . . . How I missed eating those delicious foods you always cook for me . . . . How I missed watching movies while you're sitting beside me . . . . How I missed holding you in my arms . . . How I missed kissing your sweet lips . . . . How I missed making love to you . . . . How I missed everything about you . . . .You're the only who taught me how to love . . . . Please . . . I don't want you to be the one to also teach me how to forget and to let go . . . . I will never learn how to forget you . . . . My life will never be the same without you. I just want you to know . . . .If by chance . . . . you choose to let go . . . . I promise I will follow you. I don't think I can live without you. So it would be better for me to die so I can still be with you. That is how much I love you,” Max had finally said everything in his heart. He held Hana's hand tighter as his tears kept on falling one by one.

“I will be here by your side and I will hold your hand until you finally wake up. I will never let go . . . . Hana . . . . I will never let go . . . . .”