Chapter 25

Online Now
“Max . . . . why haven't you called me?” Yun Hee asked as she entered Max's room.

Max looked at Yun Hee. Somehow he felt he didn't want to see her anymore. Whenever he saw her . . . .he would immediately think about Hana. It was already driving him mad. He was missing Hana so much. And how he wished he could have her back.

“Max . . . .what's wrong?” Yun Hee asked as she slowly walked up to him.

Max just stayed silent. He didn't know how to say it. But he wanted to set things straight already. He had already made up his mind. He wanted to break up with Yun Hee and go back to Hana.

“Max . . . .” Yun Hee uttered. She was afraid of what she was seeing in Max's eyes.

“Yun Hee . . . . I'm sorry . . . . But I . . . .I can't be with you anymore . . . .” Max said as he looked straight into Yun Hee's eyes.

Yun Hee couldn't believe what she was hearing. She suddenly felt a sharp pain in her heart. She loved Max . . . . and she didn't want to lose him.

“Max . . . . please tell me you're just joking,” Yun Hee said with a trembling voice.

Max slowly shook his head. “I'm sorry . . . . Yun Hee. But I wouldn't joke about things like this.”

Slowly Yun Hee's tears started to fall from her eyes.

“Why?” she suddenly asked.

Max looked at Yun Hee.

“I'm sorry . . . . But I am still in love with Hana.”

“Hana? But she already broke up with you,” Yun Hee said.

“I know . . . . I've been such a fool to have ever let her go. At first . . . . I thought I was in love with you . . . . But after losing her . . . .it was only then I realized that she was the one who I truly loved. I'm sorry . . . . if I've hurt you. But I don't think I can live without her . . . . I want her back in my life . . . .” Max said.

Every words that Max said were like knives being struck at Yun Hee's heart. She was in so much pain.

“No . . . . I'm not letting you go!” Yun Hee shouted.

“Yun Hee . . . . please,” Max uttered.

“No!” Yun Hee shouted as she suddenly broke into tears.

“Yun Hee . . . . please understand.”

“I love you Max . . . . I can wait . . . . If you don't love me now . . . . You can certainly learn . . . . You can learn how to love me . . . .” Yun Hee said.

“No! I don't think I can ever learn to love you . . . . not like the way I love Hana,” Max said with pity in his eyes.

Yun Hee stared at Max. She didn't want to lose him.

“Then . . . . then it's okay with me if you return to her . . . . I still want to be beside you. I can settle to be . . . . your other girlfriend aside from Hana . . . Please . . . . just don't leave me!” Yun Hee begged.

Max was totally taken by surprise by what Yun Hee said. He never thought that she would even think of such a thing.

“No . . . . Yun Hee. Please give yourself some respect. I can't do that to you. . . . and to Hana. Please . . . . let's just end this . . . .” Max said.

“No!” Yun Hee exclaimed.

“I'm sorry but I've already made up my mind. I am going back to Hana . . . .” Max said.

Yun Hee cried uncontrollably. She knew it was already useless to keep on fighting with Max. He had already made a decision. There was nothing else she could do but accept the truth.

“I'm sorry . . . .” Max said as he slowly embraced Yun Hee for the last time.

“Goodbye . . . . Max . . . .” Yun Hee uttered as she cried in Max's arms.

That night . . . .

Max was waiting patiently in a van. He was waiting for Hana outside her house. Jaejoong and the other DBSK members all decided to go with him. Max was determined to apologize and ask for Hana's forgiveness.

“I will do anything just to win you back Hana. I promise I'll make you love me again,” Max said to himself as he silently waited.

A few minutes more and Hana finally arrived in a car.

As soon as Max saw Hana, his heart somehow jumped with joy . . . . But he suddenly noticed something . . . . Hana wasn't alone.

Hana was with another man. Max's heart immediately felt pain. He then looked at the guy who was with Hana.

He immediately recognized him as Jong Soo. Max's heart was suddenly crushed. He never imagined that Hana would go back to Jong Soo.

Max continued to watch as Jong Soo helped Hana with her things and he even helped her open the door of her house. Once the door opened, both Jong Soo and Hana entered the house.

Max wanted to scream. He wanted to cry out the pain he was feeling. Now he knew the pain that Hana felt.

Max suddenly smiled bitterly. “I deserve this . . . . I was a fool to have hurt you and to have let you go . . . . Now even if I want to go back to you now . . . . I won't be able to do it . . . . There's no one to return to anymore.”

Max's tears slowly flowed as he stared at Hana's house.

“Hyung . . . . Let's go,” Max said to Jaejoong.

The other DBSK boys stayed silent. They knew that Max was hurting. They pitied both Max and Hana. They didn't want the two of them ending in such a sad way.

As soon as Max returned to their apartment, he hurriedly went to his room and locked the door. He didn't want anyone to see him cry. How he wanted to just die at that moment. The pain he was feeling was too much that somehow he couldn't breathe.

“I still love you . . . . Hana. But I hope you will be happy with Jong Soo. I am sorry . . . I was too late in realizing that you were the one I truly loved. I'm sorry. . . . I can't be with you anymore,” Max said as tears flowed from his eyes.