Chapter 7

Online Now
“Good Morning!” Max greeted everyone at the table with a bright smile.

The other DBSK members except Jaejoong were all surprised.

“You seem to be in a happy mood today,” Xiah commented.

“What happened? Have you gotten over Hana already? Or did you meet another girl online?” Micky asked jokingly.

“No . . .I didn't meet a new girl. I talked with Hana again last night,” Max replied as he happily looked at the other DBSK members.

Xiah, Micky and U-Know looked at each other.

“You talked with her again so you're very happy?” Micky asked.

“Yes . . . . and she already explained why she wasn't able to log on for a week. As it turns out . . . the computer where she worked broke down. I should have guessed that there was a valid reason why she stopped chatting with me,” max answered with a smile on his lips.

All the other DBSK boys were very relieved that Max was finally able to smile again.

“So what was the reason why you suddenly shouted in the middle of the night? Did you know that you woke me up?” Jaejoong asked.

“Sorry . . . .hyung. It won't happen again,” Max answered again with a smile.

“Oh! Max is smiling like crazy . . . .I can't stand it! It's too . . . .sweet!” Xiah said as he suddenly started laughing.

The other DBSK members all laughed.

“Hana gave me her cell phone number last night. She said that the reason why she gave me her number is so that we won't lose contact with one another again,” Max suddenly decided to tell his friends.

Micky, Xiah, U-Know and Jaejoong suddenly smiled. So Hana was missing Max as well.

“So our baby's happy because he finally gets a girl's number?” Xiah teased.

“So you have called her yet?” U-Know asked.

Max looked at his friends.

Micky stared at Max's expression. “Oh! Don't tell me you haven't called her yet?”

Jaejoong laughed. “We all know how shy he is. So there's no way that he's going to call the girl first.”

Micky placed his hand over his face as if to cover it in dismay. While Xiah just shook his head and smiled.

“Hyung . . . . how can I call her? I don't even know what to say . . . .” Max said shyly.

The other DBSK boys all looked at each other. Their little brother was still innocent with a lot of things. They needed to teach him . . . .and they've got to teach him very fast. They all thought.

“What should I do?” Max asked again.

“First thing that you should do is call . . . .” Xiah said with a smile.

“What should I say?” Max asked again.

“Well . . . .how about you simply start with a simple . . . .hello . . .” Micky said with a laugh.

“You all know how shy I am when it concerns girls. I am always afraid to talk with girls because I am afraid that I may suddenly run out of things to say,” Max said.

Jaejoong laughed. “Max . . . .just be yourself. You don't have to pretend to attract a girl. Just be yourself and treat it as like when you are talking with her on the computer. Talking with her on the phone is no different. You can then be scared if you were to meet with her.”

Max looked at Jaejoong. His hyung was right. There was certainly nothing to be worried about.

Micky suddenly thought of a great idea. “So have you saved her number on your phone yet?” he suddenly asked.

“Of course, I have already saved it,” Max answered.

“Wait a minute,” Micky said as he hurriedly left the table.

“Where is he going?” U-Know asked the others.

“No idea,” Xiah answered.

After several minutes, Micky appeared. He was holding Max's phone, and he was already dialling a number.

“What are you doing? Who are you calling?” Max asked in total horror.

“Hana,” Micky answered casually with very naughty smile.

Jaejoong and Xiah suddenly laughed. They were going to enjoy watching Max talk with Hana.

“Well . . . .It's already ringing. Here . . . take it,” Micky suddenly said.

Micky immediately gave the phone to Max. While Max reluctantly held the phone near his ear.

The phone was ringing.

“Hello! Who is this?” a girl's voice answered.

“Hello? Who is this?” the girl asked again.

“Hello,” Max nervously uttered.

“Who is this?” the girl asked.

“M . . . . Mmm . . . . Max,” Max finally uttered.

The other DBSK members all sighed after Max had finally said his name.

“Max? Really? So how are you? Why did you call me?” Hana sweetly asked.

Max couldn't believe that he was actually talking with Hana. She had such a sweet voice. Max's heart suddenly started pounding again.

“I just wanted to see how you were doing and I just wanted to check if the number you gave was correct,” Max answered.

Hana laughed. “Why would I give you an incorrect number?”

“Oh I don't know,” Max replied.

Hana laughed again. “So what are you doing now?” she asked.

Max couldn't believe . . . .Hana had such a sweet voice . . . and whenever she laughed . . . . he couldn't explain what he was feeling.

“I am having breakfast with my friends,” Max suddenly answered. Max suddenly gasped. He suddenly answered without thinking.

“Friends? So early in the morning? Oh . . . .your friends at your work you mean?” Hana asked.

“Yes . . . .Yes . . . .” Max replied nervously.

“Well I am at my classroom right now. We're still waiting for our professor,” she said.

“Am I disturbing you?” Max asked.

“No . . .of course not. I am really glad that you called. I was thinking that you may never call me,” Hana said with a laugh.

“Why would I do that?” Max asked.

“Because isn't it a little bit weird that we haven't seen each other and I just gave you my number?” Hana asked.

“No, it isn't,” Max answered.

“It isn't weird because you're a boy . . . . But on a girl's point of view it is somehow very unnatural . . . . “ Hana laughed. “Imagine, I am the girl and I gave you my number first. . .”

Max suddenly paused. He didn't know what else to say. As he was thinking of something to say . . . . . he suddenly heard something else on the phone.

“Who are you talking to?” Max could hear a boy ask.

“A friend . . . .” Hana answered.

“You don't have time for me . . . . but you have time to go and talk with some friend on the phone?” the boy asked again.

“I don't have anything to do now. We're in class so I have the time to do anything I want,” Hana angrily answered.

“Why you . . . . give me that phone . . .” the boy said.

“No!”Hana shouted.

“No? Give me the phone!“ the boy shouted as well.

“I said no!” Hana replied.

Then the line became busy. Max called Hana's number again, but it was already busy. Max became very worried.

“What's wrong?” Micky asked with concern. They could all see that Max was very worried.

“Did something happen?” Jaejoong asked.

“Max?” Xiah uttered.

“I think Hana's boyfriend just found out that she was talking to me and he became angry with her. I could hear them fighting,” Max answered.

“Uh-oh! We haven't thought about that part . . . .She has a boyfriend,” Micky suddenly said with a sigh.

“What should I do? The line became busy . . . .” Max said with concern.

“Don't worry, Max. I know she'll be all right,” Jaejoong said as to comfort Max.

“Yeah . . . . don't worry. She'll talk with you again tonight,” U-Know said.

Max looked at his cell phone. How he wished that what they said was true. He wished that Hana was fine, right at that exact moment. How he wished he could go to wherever she was and comfort her and protect her.

How he wished she wasn't Jong Soo's girlfriend . . . .but his girlfriend.