Chapter 23

Online Now
The DBSK boys had just arrived at their apartment. As soon as they entered, they immediately noticed that everything had been cleaned and arranged. And there was the aroma of food coming from the kitchen.

They hurriedly went to the kitchen. There they found Hana already preparing dinner just like she always does.

Max’s heart somehow stopped. He was feeling so sorry for Hana. Then other DBSK boys looked at Hana and then at Max. They all knew that Max had already confessed everything to Hana. And seeing Hana now . . . . they all pitied her. Their hearts were aching as they watched Hana.

“Hana . . . . what are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked.

“I’m preparing your dinner . . . . for the last time,” Hana replied. She tried to hold back her tears and she tried to smile.

“Hana . . . .” Max uttered. His heart was hurting so much. He didn’t like seeing Hana in such a pitiful situation.

“I’ve already cleaned and arranged all your things. . . .Jaejoong . . . I’ve already made a list of some of the things that you need to take care of after I’m gone. And I’ve also made a list of the recipes that you’ve been asking me aboout. And I’ve also bought a nice cookbook I saw . . . . I already placed it on you bed,” Hana said with a smile.

Jaejoong just nodded. He couldn’t say anything. He was trying to control himself from crying.

“U-Know . . . . I’ve bought a new cds of your favorite singers. . . . .Xiah . . . . Micky . . . . I’ve also bought some new dvds for you to watch and some new video games . . . . I hope you will like them. I’ve already placed them on your beds as well,” Hana said.

“Hana . . . .” Micky and Xiah both uttered.

“Thank you everyone for accepting me and treating me nicely. I will never forget all of you. Thank you for all the memories,” Hana said as her tears finally fell one by one.

Xiah, Micky, U-Know and Jaejoong couldn’t control themselves anymore.

“Max . . . .is this really what you want?” Jaejoong asked angrily.

“You’re hurting Hana all because of that Yun Hee?” Xiah asked.

“Max . . . .now I am wondering if you even have a heart . . . .or if you really know what the word love truly means,” Micky said.

“We don’t want to interfere but it really hurts us to see both of you end up like this,” U-Know said.

Hana looked at the DBSK boys.

“You don’t have to be angry with Max. He was honest with me . . . . that is the most important thing of all. And I thanked him for it. I want him to love me and not pity me. So it is better if we separate now . . . . or it will be more painful in the end,” Hana said.

Suddenly someone entered the kitchen.

“Max . . . .I forgot to give you back your cell phone. The door was open . . . .so I just came in . . . . I hope you don’t mind,” Yun Hee said as she entered the kitchen.

Everyone’s attention suddenly focused on Yun Hee. Hana tried to wipe away her tears.

Max looked at Yun Hee and then at Hana. His heart was breaking as he saw the hurt in Hana’s eyes.

Yun Hee had immediately felt the tension as soon as she entered the kitchen.

“Am I interrupting something?” Yun Hee suddenly asked. She already knew who Hana was. Max had already told her about Hana.

Hana tried to smile.

“No . . . . you’re not interrupting anything. I was just about to leave anyway,” Hana replied. She hurriedly grabbed her bag from the kitchen table.

Hana slowly walked up to Max. She looked straight into his eyes. It was the last time she was going to see him. Hana smiled. Then she slowly and lovingly kissed Max for the very last time. As she kissed him her tears started to fall again.

Max’s body felt numb. He wanted to hold her . . . . but there was something holding him back.

Hana then looked at Max again after kissing him. Tears were already streaming down her face.

“Thank you Max. Thank you for all the memories . . . . Now I am letting you go . . . . You’re free now Max . . . . Please take care of yourself . . . . and I hope you will be happy . . . . Goodbye Max . . . .” Hana said as she slowly walked out.

Max’s mind and heart were screaming Hana’s name. He wanted to run after her. Somehow he wanted her back in his life.

But Yun Hee suddenly grabbed Max’s arm and she suddenly held his hand. Max couldn’t do anything. It was really over. He had to accept it.

As soon as Hana stepped out of the apartment, she started to run. She didn’t want anyone to see her cry.

Somehow even the sky wanted to cry with her. As she walked down the road, rain started to fall. The rain drops tried to hide the tears continuously flowing from her eyes. The pain in her heart was too much that she wanted to cry out. She wanted to scream and let out all the pain she was feeling.

“I love you Max . . . . I hope you’ll be happy with Yun Hee. I am sorry . . . . I never got the chance to tell you about our baby. I am sorry . . . . that you will never know. I promise I will take good care of our baby. . . . Just always remember . . . . . I love you Max . . . . Goodbye . . . . “ Hana thought as she continued to walk further and further away from Max’s life.