Chapter 10

Online Now
Days passed . . . .

Max patiently waited for Hana to finally have the courage to break up with Jong Soo. Everyday they talked on the phone and even chatted in Multiply and YM. They would pass the time by browsing and commenting on sites that they have both seen in Multiply.

As the days passed, they grew more closer than ever. They enjoyed each other’s company so much that they didn’t even notice how time passes them by when they are talking or chatting with one another.

Every time they were saying good night, it was as if they didn’t want to part anymore.

Then one day . . . . .

It was already 2 pm, when Max’s phone rang.

“Hello . . . .” Max answered.

“Hello Max,” Hana greeted with a cheerful smile.

“Hana . . . .How are you? Why did you call all of a sudden? Is something wrong?” Max continuously asked.

“Nothing’s wrong . . . .” Hana answered.

“Then why are you calling?” Max asked.

“Do you still remember I told you before that I had something very important to tell you . . . .but I could only tell you once I have already broken up with Jong Soo?” Hana asked.

It was as if Max’s heart suddenly stopped.

“So you mean you have already broken up with Jong Soo? You have already broken up with him?” Max asked as if still unable to believe.

“Yes . . . .” Hana replied. She was very happy that she was finally free. She was free to love Max.

“That’s good! . . . .No! . . . . .That’s great!” Max exclaimed. He couldn’t hide the fact that he was very happy as well.

Hana smiled as she was hearing Max’s happy voice.

“Do you have some time to spare today?” Hana suddenly asked.

“What?” Max asked.

1.“You also live in Seoul right? Can we meet today?” Hana asked.

Max started to panic. He couldn’t think of anything to say.

“You want to meet me today?” Max asked.

“Yes . . . . if it is possible. I really want to meet you,” Hana answered.

Max didn’t know what to answer.

“It’s Sunday today . . . .so I figured you won’t have any work. Maybe we can meet each other after I finish my work today. It ends at 5 pm . . . .So can you come?” Hana asked.

Max was suddenly unable to speak. Frankly he was afraid to meet Hana. He was afraid that she would finally know that he has been lying to her since they first met. He was afraid of what Hana might say and might think of him.

But what he was most afraid of was . . . .losing Hana.

“Max? Are you still there?” What's wrong?” Hana asked.

“Hana there's something I think you should know first before we meet . . . .” Max nervously said.

“Max . . . .whatever it is . . . .you can tell me once we are already face to face,” Hana said with a happy voice.

Max's heart was suddenly pounding very fast. He was very afraid. But he knew that this was going to happen sooner or later. So he had to face it now.

“Where can we meet?” Hana suddenly asked.

“Oh! We can meet here . . . . at the convenience store where I work. It will be much easier for you. You can easily find this store. It's the largest and the only 24-hour convenience store in this area,” Hana answered cheerfully.

“Oh!. . . .Okay so we're gonna meet at 5 pm today?” Max asked again. He was already very nervous.

“Yes . . . .I'll be waiting for you, okay. So you must show up okay?” Hana said.

“Yes . . . .I will show up,” Max answered.

“I've already sent a message to you with the address of this convenience store,” Hana said.

“O . . .Okay,” Max uttered.

“Max, what's wrong?” Hana asked with concern.

“No . . . .Nothing,” Max replied.

“Then why are you like that?” Hana asked.

“Just nervous I guess . . . .since we're finally going to meet each other,” Max answered.

Hana laughed. “Shouldn't I be the one nervous?”

Max laughed also. “Yes, I suppose so.”

“So I'll see you at 5 pm okay?” Hana asked.

“Yes, I'll be there,” Max replied.

“Okay . . . .bye,” Hana said.

“Bye . . . .” Max replied.

As soon as Max closed his phone, he hurriedly went to where the other DBSk members were. He needed their help and advice.

“Hyung . . . .” Max called Jaejoong.

Jaejoong immediately looked at Max. “What's wrong?” he asked.

“Hyung . . . . she . . . . she wants to meet with me,” Max said with a trembling voice.

“Yes! Finally . . . .” Micky said with a happy smile on is face.

Suddenly Xiah noticed that Max wasn't happy.

“Why aren't you happy? You're finally going to meet Hana and you're looking like that. . . .” Xiah said.

“I . . . .I have a big problem . . . .” Max said.

“Problem? What problem?” U-Know asked.

“Hana . . . .she doesn't know who I really am . . . .and I lied to her. I told her I was an assistant for a record company,” Max said.

“Now . . . .that is a major big problem,” Micky said as he shook his head.

“You should have just avoided answering her questions . . . .” Xiah said.

“I didn't know what to do at the time. I certainly couldn't tell her who I really am,” Max said with a sigh.

“The biggest mistake a man could ever do to a girl is lie to her. You should always remember that. If you don't know how to answer a girl's question, then just avoid answering it . . . . or better yet just change the topic. But don't you ever tell a lie . . . .because once you lie . . . .that's where trouble starts,” Micky said to Max.

“You should always remember . . . . a lie . . . . no matter how big or small is still a lie. So you can never justify to her what you did,” U-Know said.

Max looked at the other DBSK members.

“What am I supposed to do now?”

“There's nothing left to do now . . . . but hope and pray that she understands and forgives you,” Jaejoong answered.