Chapter 20

Online Now
Hana was slowly walking down the road. Her mind was in total confusion. She didn't even know where she was going to. She just kept on walking . . . . and walking. She had skipped classes that day to go somewhere. Everything that happened was still playing in her mind.

Just an hour ago . . . . .

“Ms. Hana Park . . . the doctor may see you now,”

Hana went into the doctor's office . . . .with mixed emotions. She wasn't sure that what she did was right. But she wanted to know . . . . and she wanted to be sure.

After the examination . . . . .

“You're 5 weeks pregnant,” the doctor announced.

The words Hana heard were somehow like a bomb that exploded in her ear. After hearing those words, it just kept on echoing in her mind.

Hana's heart somehow stopped. She suddenly became terrified . . . . terrified of everything that will happen next. She was totally confused. She didn't know how to tell Max.

“How can I tell him? Will he be mad? Will he accept the baby?” Hana asked herself. She was unsure of Max's reaction once he learns about the baby . . . . their baby.

“Hana . . . .” the doctor said as she tried to get Hana's attention.

Hana suddenly snapped out of what she was thinking and focused her attention on her doctor.

“As of now . . . .what do you do? I mean . . . . do you study or work?” the doctor asked.

“Both . . . .” Hana replied.

The doctor nodded. “You see . . . the reason why I asked is because while examining you, I have discovered that your body is in a weak state right now. I don't think you can go through a normal pregnancy with your current state. You're already in a very delicate situation as of now. If you really want to go through with your pregnancy . . . . I suggest you stop working and studying for a while . . . . just for the time being . . . . while you're pregnant. I suggest full bed rest for the whole time you are pregnant.”

“Doctor . . . . . I . . . . . . . I can't stop working and studying,” Hana suddenly exclaimed. Everything was starting to get complicated for her.

“You have to choose. If you don't follow my advise. . . . then there is a big possibility that you will lose the child . . . . there is also the risk of putting yourself in danger. Please consider what I am saying. It is for your own good and for the baby's sake,” the doctor said with concern.

Hana didn't know what to say. It was like the whole world had suddenly crushed down upon her. Different questions started appearing in her mind.

“How will I live if I don't work? What about my studies? Will I be able to continue studying after I give birth to the baby? How will I support my baby?”

“Hana . . . . I suggest you talk with the father of the child. I'm serious . . . . you have to rest from now on. And you have to be examined at least every two weeks. So we can make sure that both you and the baby are in safe condition,” the doctor said again.

Hana just nodded. She was totally speechless.

“Hana . . . . Hana . . .what are you doing here?” Max asked Hana. He saw her walking down the road leading to their apartment. So he told their driver to stop their van, and he immediately walked up to her.

Hana's mind was still in a total mess. She just looked at Max. She didn't even know that she was already going to Max's apartment. After she went to the hospital, she had been walking aimlessly. She didn't know what to say and she didn't want to say anything also. She just wanted to walk and think . . . . on what she was supposed to do.

Max noticed that there was something wrong with Hana. He immediately pulled her into the van. And they all went to their apartment.

Once inside, Max started questioning Hana.

“Hana . . . .what's wrong? Why are you here? You're supposed yo be in class. Hana . . . . Hana . . . . “ Max said with concern. He could see that Hana wasn't herself. He was very worried that something bad had happened to her.

The other DBSK boys just watched with concern. They were all worried that Jong Soo had done something bad again to Hana. Max tried to talk with Hana. She was a little bit pale and she wasn't talking.

“Hana . . . .” Max said as he gently shook Hana's shoulders.

Hana looked at Max. “Should I tell him?” she asked herself.

“Hana . . . .what's wrong?' Jaejoong asked.

She looked at Jaejoong. She could see the worry in all the DBSK boys' eyes. She tried to smile and hide her problem. She didn't want them to worry about her.

“No . . . . nothing's wrong. I guess I'm just still lacking some sleep and I am quite tired too,” Hana answered.

“Then why did you come here? You should have just stayed at home and slept,” Max said.

“I wanted to see you,” Hana said with a sweet smile.

Max smiled back. He was glad that Hana was starting to act normal again. “I have good news Hana,” he said excitedly.

“What?” Hana asked.

“I have a new project . . . .I'll be making duet love songs with a new artist,” Max answered.

“Really? That's great news . . . .” Hana said with a fake smile.

Jaejoong looked at Hana seriously. He knew that Hana wasn't herself. He could see that she was just faking her smile.

Max then looked closely at Hana as well. He could also see that something was definitely wrong.

“Hana, why don't you tell me what's bothering you?” Max asked.

Hana smiled.

“I'm sorry Max . . . . but nothing's wrong,” Hana lied.

“Really?” Max asked with a soft expression on his face.

“Yes . . . .” Hana replied.

Max then embraced Hana. He wanted to comfort her. He could see and feel that something was wrong with her. But he respected her decision to just keep it to herself.

“You know I am very worried about you. If you don't want to tell me what's bothering you . . . .It's fine with me. Just always remember, I am always here for you. Because I love you,” Max said softly.

“Sorry . . . .Max . . . .But I can't tell you now. . . . You have so many things planned out. If I tell you now that I am pregnant . . . .it will surely affect all your plans. And I don't want that to happen. I don't want you to ruin your life . . . .your career . . . . just because of me. I want you to achieve everything that you ever wanted. I don't want to hinder your success. Sorry Max . . . .Sorry I lied to you . . . . .Sorry I can't tell you my problem. But I will have to deal with this problem alone,” Hana thought while in Max's loving arms.