Chapter 18

Online Now
Hana was sitting on a bench on the school grounds. She was patiently waiting for Ji-Young. They were both going to the school library to get some reading materials needed for their project.

While Hana was waiting, she watched as other students passed her by. She noticed some couples who were sweetly conversing with each other as they passed by. How she wished Max could pick her up from her school and then they could go out for a stroll in the mall or eat out in a restaurant.

Hana smiled. She knew it wasn't possible. Max could never go out in public . . . especially not with her. She was already lucky enough that she was with him. She didn't need to ask or dream for anything more.

“Hana . . . .” Ji-Young called out as she hurriedly sat down beside her.

“You're late . . . .” Hana said with a smile.

“I know . . . . I'm sorry,” Ji-Young replied with a smile as well.

“It's okay,” Hana said. “Come on . . . .I still need to go to work.”

After getting the materials they needed. Hana and Ji-Young were already walking home.

“So how are you and Max?” Ji-Young asked.

“Fine . . . .very happy to be exact . . . .” Hana replied with a smile. Everything had been very wonderful with Max.

“I know . . . . everyone can tell by just looking at you,” Ji-Young said with a laugh.

“Why? How?” Hana asked as if confused.

“Well . . . .you're always smiling. And somehow there's something very different with you these passed few days,” Ji-Young answered.

“Really?” Hana asked with a laugh.

“Yes . . . .even the other girls in our class are already asking me if you have a new boyfriend,” Ji-Young said.

“Why?” Hana asked again.

“Because they all say that you are blooming . . . .those were their exact words,” Ji-Young replied.

Hana laughed. “Blooming huh?”

“Yes . . . . blooming. You know, you're very lucky. I still can't believe that you actually have Max Changmin as your boyfriend. If the other girls in our class knew who your boyfriend is . . . .Oh! They will certainly die of jealousy,” Ji-Young suddenly laughed.

“Ji-Young . . . .Don't you dare tell anyone. You promised. . . . remember?” Hana said.

“I know . . . .” Ji-Young said with a smile. “Anyway . . . .you're really lucky. Imagine aside from Max, you get to see and talk to the other DBSK members as well.”

Hana laughed. Her friend was being over excited again.

“Yes . . . I am lucky. So please don't go around telling about Max okay? You promised me . . . . “ Hana said.

“Okay . . . . okay . . . . so do you think you can get me their autographs? Please . . . .” Ji-Young asked with puppy eyes.

“Sure . . . .” Hana replied with a laugh. She loved her friend very much. They have been friends for more than five years and Ji-Young has been taking care of her like she was her sister.

As they were about to enter Hana's home. Hana suddenly felt her world was sort of spinning. She didn't know why but she was feeling very dizzy. She immediately grabbed onto Ji-Young. She thought she was going to collapse. Ji-Young hurriedly helped her into her house.

“Hana . . . what's wrong?” Ji-Young asked. She was very concerned. Hana was already very pale.

“Ji-Young . . . . . I don't feel so good . . . . . I am feeling very dizzy . . . . .” Hana replied.

“Have you slept? I told you . . . . you should rest even for a day . . . . I mean sleep for a whole day . . . .” Ji-Young said with concern.

“No . . . .I can't do that . . . .” Hana said. “I have to work . . . .you know that.”

Hana suddenly felt dizzy again.

“Ji-Young . . . . .”

“Do you want to go to the hospital?” Ji-Young asked.

“No . . . . I don't have the time to go to the hospital. I don't want to go. . . .please,” Hana replied.

“Hana! Can you please think of yourself for a change . . . .You're always working and studying and now. . . . you're always taking care of Max. Can you please take care of yourself now?” Ji-Young said angrily.

“I think I'll be all right as soon as I get some rest. Don't worry. You know I never get sick that easily,” Hana said as she tried to smile.

“Yes . . . . you never get sick easily but whenever you do get sick . . . .you always end up being hospitalized for days. I am really worried about you Hana,” Ji-Young said.

“I know . . . .and I am sorry for the bother that I am causing you,” Hana uttered.

“You know you're not a bother to me. I love you like my own sister, and even my whole family loves you too. You do know that don't you?” Ji-Young said.

“I know. . . . and thank you. . . .” Hana said.

“Come on . . . .I am going to stay here until you get better. And you're not going to work if you don't get at least one hour of sleep okay. . . .” Ji-Young announced.

Hana smiled. Ji-Young was such a nice friend. And she was very fortunate to have her.

Hana was already lying in her bed for almost ten minutes when she suddenly thought about why she was feeling dizzy lately.

“What's wrong with me?” she started to ask herself. She had a strange feeling that somehow made her feel very afraid. “No! . . . Please don't let it be what I think it is. . . .”