Chapter 6

Online Now
Several days later . . . .

Max finally had to open his computer because he had to check an email a friend sent him. He had been able to stay away from his computer for more than week now. He opened his computer and decided that since he was online anyway might as well open and check all his accounts.

Max was reading his friend's email when . . . .

“Hello Max! Haven't talked with you for a very long time now. . . .”

Max's heart suddenly skipped a beat. Hana was online. Max suddenly froze. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to immediately answer her back, but he was having second thoughts . . . .

“Max, what's wrong?”

“Max. . . .are you angry with me or something?”

“Max?”

“I know I haven't been able to log on for a couple days ago. It was because the computer here at the store broke down. And when it finally got repaired, you suddenly stopped logging on. I have been waiting for you to log on for days now. And now. . . .why aren't you answering me?”

“I'm worried about you. . . . .” Hana typed.

Max couldn't stop himself anymore. He suddenly started to type.

“Hello Hana . . . . how are you?”

“Max . . . . finally. . . .what happened to you?” Hana asked.

“Nothing . . . .and you? What are you doing right now?” Max asked.

“Waiting for you . . . .Do you know how I missed talking with you every night?” Hana typed.

Max's heart suddenly pounded as he read what Hana had typed.

“Missed me?” Max asked.

“Yes . . . It's been two weeks since the last time we talked. And I really missed you,” Hana replied.

Max couldn't understand what he was feeling right at that moment. It was as if he was flying through the air.

“I really missed talking with you. So what happened to you? You haven't logged in for several days already,” Hana typed.

“Sorry . . .I was kind of busy,” Max replied.

“Oh. . . .I was really worried about you . . . .I wasn't able to log in for a week before because the computer here in the store broke down. You know I only have the time to log in at YM when I am here at the store right?” Hana suddenly asked.

“Yes . . . .” Max answered.

Max suddenly started to smile. He was a total fool. He should have thought that there was really something wrong. He shouldn't have thought that Hana didn't want to talk with him anymore.

“I'm really sorry . . . .” he typed again.

“Oh . . . .It's okay. So what have you been doing these passed few days?” she started to ask.

“Nothing just work . . . . how about?” Max typed.

“Hahahahhah . . . . . .the usual stuffs . . . work and studies . . .” she replied.

“How's your boyfriend?” Max suddenly asked. He didn't really want to bring up that topic but he couldn't stop himself.

“Well. . . .”

“What?” Max typed.

“We haven't talked lately . . . .about three days to be exact,” Hana replied.

“Why?”

“He's a little mad because I usually don't have the time to be with him,” she replied.

“What do you mean?” Max asked.

“Well . . . .you do know that after my class, I just go home and rest. And after that I go to work. He somehow can't understand that. . . .” Hana replied.

Max suddenly felt irritated with Hana's boyfriend.

“How could a guy be so selfish and narrow-minded?” Max asked himself.

“Jong Soo wanted to see a movie but I couldn't go with him since I got work to do. He got very upset and haven't talked to since. He says that it's no fun having me as a girlfriend,” Hana typed.

Max felt angry with Hana's boyfriend. He thought that Jong Soo didn't deserve to have Hana. He was totally unfair with her.

“So he hasn't talked with you for three days? Isn't that a little unfair?” Max asked.

“Yes, I think so too. But somehow I understand him. And there was a real reason why he got mad with me,” Hana replied.

“What?” Max asked.

There was a long pause before Hana finally replied.

“Well . . . .It's kind of embarrassing and sort of personal. But since you've been such a good friend and I really feel comfortable with you. I guess it's okay to tell you,” Hana replied.

“What?” Max asked again.

“The real reason why he got mad was because there was this time that he tried to kiss me but I . . . .I didn't let him kiss me. Was I really wrong?”

Max's heart suddenly skipped a beat. The guy tried to kiss Hana. Somehow this made him very jealous. But he was also glad that Hana didn't let him kiss her.

“No . . .you didn't do anything wrong. If you didn't want to kiss him . . . .then he should respect that,” Max answered.

“If it happened to you, wouldn't you be mad as well? Isn't it hurting to a man's ego to have his own girlfriend refuse to kiss him?” Hana suddenly asked.

Max suddenly paused to think about Hana's question. If he was Jong Soo, he would be hurt also but then he would also understand Hana's reason for not wanting to kiss him.

“Well . . . . Can I ask the reason why you don't want to kiss him?” Max suddenly typed.

There was a long pause before Hana finally replied again.

“Frankly . . . .I don't know why also but I somehow feel that it's not right. You see, if I did kiss him . . . .Well, it would be my very first kiss. And I want to give my first kiss to someone very special . . . .someone I truly love. And frankly . . . .I'm already having second thoughts about him . . . . He's a good friend and all . . . but as a boyfriend . . . . I suddenly feel that we're not compatible. He's too demanding and unreasonable. Well . . . .that's the main reason why I didn't want to kiss him,” Hana answered.

Max was shocked with Hana's answer. She was truly open and direct with everything. But after learning her reason for not wanting to kiss Jong Soo, he was more impressed with Hana's personality.

“Now I understand your reason . . . .And now I can answer your question . . . .If you were my girlfriend, and I tried to kiss you but you refused, I wouldn't get mad with you. But instead, I would certainly love you more and make you feel how much I love you,” Max typed.

“Love me more? Why?” Hana asked.

“Because as my girlfriend, I think I should always try to understand you and respect every decision that you make. And in refusing to kiss me . . . .you just showed how honest you are with your feelings and with yourself. So that only means you're still hesitating to kiss me because you still don't love me enough. So what I would do is make you love me more. So the next time I tried to kiss you again . . . .you wouldn't refuse anymore,” Max answered.

As Hana was reading what Max had typed. She suddenly asked if Max was real. He was very understanding and certainly very loving. His girlfriend is such a lucky girl, she suddenly thought. Then her heart suddenly ached.

“Why is my heart pounding? And why did my heart suddenly ached after I thought about his girlfriend? I never asked him if he had a girlfriend . . . I wonder does he have one?” Hana suddenly asked herself.

During the whole two weeks that she wasn't able to talk to Max. She had been restless and worried. During the first week, she just waited patiently for the computer to be repaired. But on the second week, she had been constantly waiting for him to log on. She would often visit his site to see if he was online in Multiply.

She can't understand why during the time that they didn't talk with each other, she was constantly missing him. And after finally being able to talk with him after two weeks . . . . she was very happy.

Hana was very confused. What am I feeling? She asked herself. As she looked at the computer monitor, the only thing that she could think about was how happy she was that she had finally talked with Max again.

“Max . . . . promise me that we won't lose contact with one another again okay? Even if we're both very busy and we can't log on in Multiply or YM, we can always send each other messages through our phones right? So here is my number . . . . .” Hana typed.

Max stared at the computer monitor . . . .he can't believe what he was seeing. Hana was giving him her phone number.

“Yes!” Max shouted happily.

Jaejoong who was already sleeping suddenly opened his eyes. He immediately looked at Max. He was surprised to see Max smiling and staring happily at the computer monitor. He suddenly guessed that Max had already talked with Hana. And it was the reason why he was very happy.

Jaejoong suddenly smiled and happily closed his eyes again. He was very happy to see Max smiling again. He hoped that Max's happiness would last.