Chapter 27

Online Now
The next day at Hana's classroom . . . .

Hana looked at Ji-Young. She was standing near a window and looking outside. Hana slowly walked up to her. She wanted to talk with her bestfriend to clear everything up.

“Ji-Young . . . .” Hana uttered while standing in front of her.

Ji-Young stared at Hana. “Hana . . .” she uttered as well.

“I'm sorry . . . . Ji- Young. Please forgive me . . . .” Hana begged.

Ji-Young suddenly smiled. “Silly girl . . . you know how much I love you right? And no mater how much I dislike the things that you've been doing . . . . I still love you and support you . . . . So I can't stay upset with you forever . . .”

Hana smiled sweetly. “Thank you.”

“I understand your reason for not telling me . . . . I was just hurt because I never expected you would actually learn how to keep a secret from me,” Ji-Young explained.

“I'm sorry . . . .”

“It's okay. . . . So did Jong Soo take good care of you last night?” Ji-Young suddenly asked.

Hana frowned. “How did she know I was with Jong Soo last night?” she suddenly asked herself.

Ji-Young suddenly laughed. “I can tell you're wondering how I knew right? Jong Soo called me last night. He asked me if I could come over your house and help him look after you. I came and you were already sleeping . . . . so you didn't know. I left before 5 am so you didn't see me. . . . .Somehow now I am understanding what you said about Jong Soo. He isn't such a bad guy after all . . . .”

“I told you he was nice . . . . once you get to know him . . . .” Hana replied with a smile.

Ji-Young's expression became serious all of a sudden.

“Hana . . . . why didn't you tell him?” Ji-Young asked.

Hana didn't know what to answer.

“There's no sense in telling him . . . . since he's already involved with someone else,” she replied.

“But he has a right to know . . . .” Ji-Young uttered.

“No . . . he doesn't. All his rights to this child disappeared the moment we separated. This child is mine . . . . and mine . . . alone,” Hana said again.

Ji-Young shook her head. “Hana . . . .how will you take care of the child?”

Hana's eyes were suddenly filled with confusion. “Frankly . . . I don't know . . . But what I do know is . . . . I'll do everything just to take care of this child.”

Ji-Young stared at her best friend. She pitied her so much that her heart was aching. She suddenly embraced her friend. She wanted to comfort her . . . . and make her feel how much she loved her.

“Don't worry . . . . Hana. I'll always be by your side. I will help you take care of everything,” Ji-Young said with a sad expression on her face.

Ji-Young wasn't only pitying Hana, but mostly her unborn child. She was feeling sorry for the child because the baby will grow up without a father.

As Ji-Young and Hana were talking . . . . one of their classmates was busy watching a show on her laptop.

“Hey girls! Max is totally hot in his performance last night with Yun Hee. Come on . . . .Look!” the girl said to their other classmates.

Almost all the girls in the class all got up and started to watch the show within minutes. They were screaming . . . . everytime the camera focused on Max.

“He's so cute! I wish I could be his girlfriend,” one of the girls said.

Another girl laughed. “If you're his girlfriend . . . . then I think I can settle for being his . . . . wife.”

All the girls watching the show laughed.

“That Yun Hee is so lucky . . . . she can actually get so close to Max. I would do anything to get close to Max like that,” another one of the girls said.

“Max would never choose an ordinary girl for a girlfriend. Look at Yun Hee . . . . She's perfect for him,” another girl said.

Ji-Young suddenly became irritated with the noise. She also wasn't too fond of seeing Max. Everytime she saw him on tv. . . . her blood just boils. She wanted to slap him or better yet . . . just punch him. She hated Max for leaving Hana. And she didn't want to see him at all.

Ji-Young looked at Hana. She was looking outside the window. She was very pale. She had also learned yesterday from Jong Soo that Hana needed to be hospitalized. But she wouldn't agree. She could see the tears starting to form in Hana's eyes. She was starting to remember Max again.

Ji-Young's temper suddenly rose. She quickly walked up to the owner of the laptop.

“Can you please turn off your laptop? Or just change what you're watching,” Ji-Young said to the girl.

The girl looked at Ji-Young. “Why?” she asked.

“I don't know how to explain it. But please . . . . I'm asking you nicely . . . . Frankly . . . . I don't want to see that Max's face . . . . He's a jerk . . . . a total jerk. And I feel so sick just seeing him,” Ji-Young replied.

The owner of the laptop laughed. “Why did Max decline to have you as a girlfriend . . . . that's why you are mad at him?” the girl said jokingly.

Ji-Young didn't like the joke her classmate made.

“I'm not joking . . . . Just turn the laptop off . . . . or you'll be sorry . . . .” Ji-Young said as a threat.

Hana had already walked up to Ji-Young and the other girls.

“Ji-Young . . . . Stop it. Don't disturb them anymore. Let's just go,” Hana said as she tried to pull Ji-Young away.

The owner of the laptop laughed again. “Why should I follow you? You don't want to see Max's face? You're making me laugh. . . . All the girls in this class and the whole school would do anything just to get one small glimpse of Max . . . .”

Another girl laughed. “They're just jealous . . . . Because even if they paraded in front of Max . . . he wouldn't even dare look at them.”

“No . . . . no . . . . Max would surely take a look at them . . . . then he would sleep with them and then just leave them . . . .” a girl said with a laugh.

Ji-Young looked at Hana. She saw that Hana was hurt by what their classmate said. She suddenly became very angry. “That's too much . . . . Take back what you said.”

All the girls laughed again. Most of the girls in Hana's class were all jealous of Hana and Ji-Young because they were the smartest girls in school. So they always made fun of them as much as they could.

“Ji-Young. . . . just let it go!” Hana said.

“No! I am going to teach these girls how to respect others,” Ji-Young said angrily.

The owner of the laptop suddenly stood up. She went straight to Ji-Young. Then she pushed Ji-Young.

“That's what you both deserve,” the girl said with a grin.

The girl had pushed Ji-Young so hard that Ji-Young accidentally knocked Hana down as well. While Hana knocked over a chair and was obviously in pain.

“Aaaahhh. . . . .”Hana suddenly exclaimed.

“Hana . . . . are you all right?” Ji-Young asked with concern. She was hurt as well, but she didn't mind herself. She was more concerned with her friend.

Hana didn't answer she was already in so much pain. She didn't know why but her heart was beating very fast. And she was feeling very cold.

Then somebody started screaming.

“Blood! Blood! Hana's bleeding!”

Ji-Young hurriedly looked at Hana. Blood was oozing down her legs.

“Hana . . . .” Ji-Young said with fear in her eyes.

Hana looked at Ji-Young. . . . then she looked at the blood. Within seconds . . . . Hana lost consciousness. Suddenly all the girls started screaming for help. Jong Soo suddenly appeared and immediately scooped her up into his arms. Hana was already bleeding profusely. This is what the doctors have told him about. He knew she was in danger.