Chapter 13

Online Now
Four days later . . . .

Jaejoong, Xiah, U-Know and Micky were talking in the living room. They couldn't stand seeing Max so hurt any longer. They wanted to help him get things straightened out with Hana.

“What are going to do Max?” Xiah asked the other DBSK members.

“He has been eating very little ever since Hana had started avoiding him. I am very worried with him already,” Jaejoong said.

“Maybe we can talk with Hana . . . .” Xiah suggested.

“Talk with Hana? And then what? What are we supposed to tell her? We don't even know what the main problem is,” Micky said with a sigh.

“Micky is right. I think there is a bigger reason why Hana had started avoiding Amx. It isn't just about him lieing to her,” U-Know said wth a serious look on his face.

“I believe . . . .she suddenly became afraid to have a relationship with Max because of who he is . . . .” Micky said with a sad look in his eyes.

Jaejoong, Xiah and U-Know looked at Micky. They also thought of the same reason, but they were just afraid to say it out loud. They all knew that their fame had its own negative effect on their lives. They all couldn't keep a serious relationship with any girl because it always collided with their careers.

They have all experienced the pain of losing the girls that they loved. And they all didn't want Max to suffer the same thing. They all considered him as their little brother. And they have always looked after him. There was no way that they were just going to stand around and watch him suffer.

Micky sighed. “Maybe the best thing we can do now is talk with Hana. We should first try to find out what is really the problem.”

“And how are we supposed to talk to Hana?” Xiah asked.

Micky smiled. “Already got that covered. I have already gotten the address where Hana works from Max's phone.”

Xiah smiled as well. “You're really something. So when are we going?”

“How about now?' Jaejoong asked.

“Yes . . . .we could do it now . . . .” Xiah agreed very eagerly.

“What are we going to tell Max?” Jaejoong suddenly asked. “We can't just leave him without telling him where we are going . . . .”

“Let's just say we're going to buy something,” Xiah suggested.

“All four of us? Too suspicious don't you think?” Micky asked.

“Oh! Never mind . . . .Let's just tell him we're going out. And knowing his attitude these passed few days even if we invite him to come with us . . . .he won't come anyway.
So we're free right?” Jaejoong asked.

“Right! Okay . . . .let's just say we're going out then,” Micky said with a smile.

“Okay,” Xiah replied.

After several minutes, they were on their way to see Hana. As planned they told Max that they were going out. And as expected, Max just refused to go with them. They all pitied their friend. And they were all determined to help him in anyway they can.

It was already 6:30 pm and Hana still walking very slowly. She wasn't herself . . . she hasn't been herself for the passed few days to be exact. She had been constantly thinking about Max. She was very confused . . . .her heart wanted to just throw away all her doubts and fears and just try to give Max a chance. But her mind was constantly reminding her of the differences and obstacles between her and Max.

Hana was missing Max. During the passed week, there had been many times that he wanted to just log on and just talk with Max as if nothing happened. She wanted to just return to the time when she still didn't know who Max really was.

Hana smiled. “If I could only forget and go back to the time when I still didn't know who Max really was . . . .that would be nice . . . .then I would still be able to talk to him and I won't be missing him so much,” Hana thought.

As Hana was about to enter the convenience store, four guys suddenly appeared from the dark side of the store.

“Excuse me . . . . but are you Hana?” one of the guys asked.

Hana looked closely at the four guys standing in front of her. They were all wearing jackets with hoods and sunglasses.

Hana suddenly smiled as she looked at the guys. “What weird guys! Who would wear sunglasses at night?” she suddenly thought to herself.

Then the four guys suddenly pulled down their hoods down and took of their sunglasses.

Hana was shocked. Xiah, Jaejoong, Micky and U-Know of DBSK were all standing in front of her now. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

“You are Hana right?” Micky asked.

“Yes . . . .” Hana replied.

“Can we talk?” Jaejoong asked.

Hana smiled. She never imagined that she would ever be able to meet all the DBSK members. She already knew what they wanted to talk to her about.

“I already know why all of you are here . . . .” Hana said with a sad smile.

The four DBSK members suddenly felt pity for Hana as they all saw the sadness in her eyes. Now they all knew that she was suffering as well.

“We know . . . . we don't have any right to interfere with your relationship with Max. But we are concerned with him. He hasn't been eating since the day the two of you agreed to meet. It's been a week . . . .and I am afraid if he continues to eat so little . . . .then he would just fall down and get sick one of these days,” Jaejoong said with concern.

Hana was very silent. Her heart started to ache as she heard Max's condition.

“He has been acting like he is fine whenever he's around us . . . .but we all know that whenever he's alone . . . .he just cries and constantly stares at the computer monitor. He's our friend and we have been together for years now. We don't want to see him suffering . . . That's why we have decided to talk with you . . . . and ask you what's the reason why you are avoiding him,” U-Know said.

Hana looked at U-Know. “How lucky Max is to have such nice friends who care for him so much,” she thought.

“I'm sorry that I have hurt Max. But . . . .but I just don't think that I can continue being friends with him,” Hana said.

“Friends? Hasn't he told you what he feels for you?” Micky suddenly asked.

“Yes . . . .he has. Another reason why I can't continue to be close to him,” Hana replied.

“But why? What's your reason?” Xiah suddenly exclaimed.

Hana tried to smile, while also trying to control her tears.

“Why? Can you please open your eyes . . . .Can't you guys see what I am? Look at yourselves and then look at me . . . . Can't you see the problem?” Hana softly asked.

“What do you mean?” Xiah asked.

Hana smiled again. “You're all stars . . . .you have everything you need . . .you can have everything you want . . . . every one knows who you are . . . . and everything you do is always talked about . . . . you have so many fans that just adore you . . . .Have you ever thought what people would say when they find out that one of you is having a relationship with a plain . . . .orphaned . . . .poor girl? Have you ever thought what that kind of news can do to damage your very successful and well-protected image?” Hana asked with so much emotion that she didn't realize that her tears had already started falling one by one.

Xiah, U-Know, Jaejoong and Micky didn't know what to say. They had already guessed that the reason why Hana was avoiding Max was because of his status as a famous singer. But after hearing Hana say it out loud . . . .they all suddenly felt helpless. They all knew that Hana had a point. And they all suddenly became afraid that someday all the girls that they will love will also be faced with the same dilemma.

“We all understand your situation . . . .and your reason, but don't you think you should at least give Max a chance?” Jaejoong said.

“A chance?” Hana asked as if unable to believe what she was hearing.

“Yes . . . . a chance . . . .a chance to be happy . . . . a chance to prove himself to you . . . . a chance to cry with you . . . . a chance to be with you . . . . a chance to love you . . . . and a chance to be loved by you. I can see in your eyes that you love him too. Even if you deny it, we can all see the truth in your eyes. So please . . . .can you just forget your fears and try to at least give yourselves a chance to be happy?” Jaejoong said.

“Max had never experienced falling in love. This is his first love . . . please don't make his first experience in love filled with so much pain and suffering. Please give him a chance . . . .” Xiah said.

Hana could feel the other DBSK members' sincerity and concern for both her and Max. But she had already made up her mind. She wasn't going to change it no matter how they try to convince her.

“I'm sorry . . . .that all of you came all this way for nothing. But I don't think I'm right for Max. And one day, when he finally meets the girl really destined for him . . . .you'll all thank me for giving him up. He might be hurting now but the pain will eventually disappear . . . .and then he will eventually forget me too,” Hana said as she looked at the four DBSK boys.

“Hana . . . .” Jaejoong uttered.

“I'm sorry . . . .But I've got to go or I'll be late for work,” Hana said as she slowly turned her back on Xiah, Jaejoong, Micky and U-Know and started to walk away.

Then suddenly she stopped walking. “Can I ask you guys one last favor? Please take good care of him,” Hana said. Then she continued to walk away and hurriedly entered the store.

Once inside the store, Hana ran into the arms of the old lady who owned the store.

“Why are you crying? What's wrong Hana? Are you sick? What's wrong?” the old lady asked with concern. She had never seen Hana so miserable.

Hana just cried. She couldn't stop herself from thinking about Max. And just thinking of him being in so much pain was also making her heart ache as well.

“Sorry . . . .Max,” Hana uttered as she cried. “Please understand . . . . I can never love you back.”