Chapter 28

Online Now
Max was looking outside the van. He and the other DBSK members had just finished an interview for their upcoming album. They were on their way home to their apartment. He was very tired . . . . But it wasn't his body that was tired . . . but his heart. He had constantly been missing Hana like crazy. Everything was always reminding him of her and the times that they were together. How he wanted to see her smile at him . . . . How he wanted to hold her . . . . How he wanted to kiss her . . . . How he wanted to make love to her . . . .

Max suddenly cupped his face with his hands. He wanted to see Hana. He had been dreaming of her these past few nights. And somehow that day . . . . he was feeling very strange. He didn't know why . . . but he could tell that something was wrong.

“Hyung . . . . do you think we can go to Hana's house again tonight?” Max suddenly asked Jaejoong.

Xiah, Max, Jaejoong and Micky were suddenly shocked with what Max had asked. They didn't expect that he would actually think of going to Hana's house again. Not after he had seen Jong Soo at Hana's house.

“Why?” Jaejoong asked with a frown.

“I just want to check up on her . . . . I don't know why but I think something may be wrong with her,” Max answered.

“Max . . . . you already saw Jong Soo right? Do you still think it is still wise to hang around when you already know that Jong Soo is with her again?” Micky suddenly asked.

Max looked at Micky. He smiled bitterly. “I can't stop thinking about her. I want to make sure she is all right. Then maybe I can put my mind at rest.”

Xiah, Jaejoong, Micky and U-Know suddenly became worried about Hana as well. They knew all about Jong Soo's violent nature. They suddenly thought that maybe Jong Soo had started abusing Hana again.

“Okay . . . . we will go with you. We also want to make sure that she's safe,” U-Know suddenly said.

Max looked at U-Know in a very curious manner. He felt that the other DBSK members knew something that he didn't know.

“Hyung . . . .is there something I should know about?” Max asked the other DBSK boys.

Xiah, Jaejoong, Micky and Xiah didn't know what to answer. They didn't want to tell Max about Jong Soo. Because they knew that he would be very worried.

“Nothing,” U-Know replied.

Within minutes . . . . the DBSK boys arrived at their apartment.

They were all talking with each other when they suddenly noticed that someone was waiting for them. The DBSK boys looked curiously at the man standing outside the door of their apartment. They immediately recognized him. It was . . . . Jong Soo.

“Can we help you?” U-Know asked Jong Soo as they all approached him.

“Help me? Yeah . . . . you can certainly help me!” Jong Soo replied with rage in his eyes.

“You are Jong Soo right?” Xiah suddenly asked.

“So you guys know me huh?” Jong Soo asked sarcastically.

“What do you want?” Jaejoong asked with a serious face.

“I don't want to talk to you guys . . . . I want to talk to him . . . .” Jong Soo said as he looked straight at Max..

Max stared at Jong Soo. He could see the anger and hate in his eyes. He was very confused why Jong Soo was angry with him.

“Why do you want to talk to me?” Max asked.

Jong Soo walked up to Max.

“You want to know why I want to talk to you?”

“Yes,” Max replied.

“Well . . . . frankly I don't want to talk to you . . . . But I want to . . . . beat you,” and with those words. . . . Jong Soo suddenly punched Max straight in the face. He punched him hard . . .twice. He was very mad with Max. He wanted to make him feel the pain that Hana was going through right at that exact moment.

Max immediately fell down after being hit by Jong Soo. The other DBSK members were all surprised by what happened. They hurriedly helped Max to stand up.

“What's wrong with you?” U-Know asked angrily.

“Do you want us to call the police?” Xiah asked.

“Sure . . . . call the police. I will gladly go to jail . . . . but not before I rearrange your friend's handsome face,” Jong Soo answered with a smile.

The other DBSK boys were starting to get emotional as well.

“Why do you want to hurt Max?” Micky asked.

“Why? You guys want to know why?” Jong Soo asked. He couldn't believe that these boys were even asking him that kind of question.

“While you friend is happily playing around with his new girlfriend . . . Hana is left feeling very miserable in a corner,” Jong Soo answered.

“Jong Soo . . . . I . . . . I never meant to hurt her,” Max said.

“What are you saying? You never meant to hurt her? I wish I could hurt you very badly . . . . but I can't do that because I know if I hurt you . . . . I will be hurting Hana as well. Do you know while you're having fun . . . . Hana was suffering because of you?” Jong Soo asked again.

“I . . . I know . . . and I'm sorry,” Max uttered.

“Do you even know where she is now?” Jong Soo asked as he suddenly leaned against a wall. He was feeling very weak after remembering where Hana was . . . . and what condition she was in. Jong Soo wanted to cry for Hana. He pitied her and her baby.

Max saw Jong Soo's reaction as he mentioned about where Hana was. He suddenly became very worried.

“What's wrong? Where is Hana?” Max worriedly asked.

Jong Soo looked at Max. The anger in his eyes were already replaced with sadness.

Xiah, Jaejoong, U-Know and Micky became alarmed as well. They instantly knew that something bad had happened to Hana. And it was the main reason why Jong Soo wanted to hurt Max.

“Please . . . tell me what's wrong with Hana . . . . Where is she?” Max asked Jong Soo again.

Jong Soo stared at Max. He didn't know if he should tell Max the truth. He knew Hana doesn't want to see Max anymore. . . . . and she didn't want him to know about her being pregnant. Jong Soo sighed. He had been very impulsive again. Now he didn't know what to do next.

Max saw the hesitation in Jong Soo's face. He immediately went up to him. . . . face to face.

“Please tell me . . . . I want to know . . . . where is Hana? . . . . Please,” Max begged.

Jong Soo looked straight into Max's eyes. He saw love and concern in his eyes. Somehow this convinced him to finally tell him the truth.

“Hana . . . . Hana is in the . . . . hospital right now,” Jong Soo finally told Max.

“What?” Max asked with shock.

“What happened to her? Why is she in the hospital?” Jaejoong also asked.

Jong Soo looked at the other DBSK members. He could tell they were all concerned with Hana.

“Please . . . . we want to know what happened to her . . . .” Micky said.

“Please tell us,” Xiah uttered.

Jong Soo sighed. “Please forgive me Hana . . . . But I think they've got to know . . . especially Max. He has a right to know . . . . about you and the child,” he suddenly thought to himself.

“Jong Soo . . . .” U-Know uttered.

“We all want to know what happened to Hana,” Max said.

“Hana . . . Hana . . . .she's in the hospital right now. . . I'll just bring all of you to where she is now . . . . Then maybe . . . . I can finally tell you what's wrong with her,” Jong Soo answered.

“I'll get the van,” Micky told everyone and then he hurriedly left.

Max was feeling very nervous and weak. He didn't know what was wrong with Hana. His heart was pounding and beating very fast.

Several minutes later . . . . Jong Soo and the DBSK boys were already on their way to the hospital.

Max thought if he could only fly . . . . he would certainly fly to where Hana was . . . . so he could be with her. Max suddenly became afraid . . . . afraid of what he might find in the hospital.

“Please God . . . . Help Hana . . . . Please don't take her away from me . . . . Please I love her . . . . Please give me one more chance . . . . “ Max uttered as tears started to fill his eyes.

Jaejoong who was sitting beside him suddenly squeezed his hand, as a sign of support for him.

Max then looked at Jaejoong. He tried to smile.

Once they all arrived at the hospital. They hurriedly followed Jong Soo to where Hana was.

They were still in a distance . . . . when Jong Soo suddenly noticed someone was outside Hana's room. It was Ji-Young . . . . and she was crying uncontrollably. Fear suddenly crept into his heart. He quickly ran to Ji-Young.

The DBSK boys all ran after Jong Soo. They already knew something was totally wrong.

“Ji-Young . . . . Ji-Young . . . . what's wrong?” Jong Soo asked nervously.

Ji-Young looked up at Jong Soo. . . . her eyes were overflowing with tears.

“Jong Soo . . . . Hana . . . . Hana” Ji-Young started to say but then she started to cry again.

All the DBSK boys' hearts were suddenly filled with fear.

“Where's Hana? What's happening to her?” Max asked with a trembling voice.

After Max had spoken . . . . it was only then that Ji-Young noticed the DBSK boys. Once she saw Max . . . . anger suddenly filled her whole being. She hurriedly went up to Max and slapped him hard on the face.

“How dare you show your face here! This is all your fault! You shouldn't have started a relationship with Hana . . . . if you couldn't be man enough to take care of her afterwards,” Ji-Young said angrily as tears still continued to flow from her eyes.

Jong Soo tried to stop Ji-Young. “Ji-Young . . . . I brought them here . . . . I still think he has a right to know.”

“Right? Right? What right does he have? Because of him Hana's still unconscious . . . . still bleeding . . . . . Because of him . . . . the baby might die!” Ji-Young shouted. She was already very emotional and hysterical.

“Baby?” Max suddenly uttered. He was very confused.

The other DBSK members were all shocked as well by what they heard.

Ji-Young looked at Max. Then she smiled bitterly. She remembered Max didn't know about Hana being pregnant.

“Hana's pregnant . . . . Max. She's 3 months pregnant with . . . . your child!” Ji-Young finally said. She thought that it was time Max knew about the baby.

Max felt very weak and his mind was rewinding what he had just found out. Hana was carrying their child . . . his child.

Max was about to say something when someone came out of Hana's room.

It was a doctor and as Max and the others looked at the doctor's expression . . . . fear suddenly entered their hearts.