Chapter 24

Online Now
Max looked at the computer monitor silently. It has been a month since he and Hana broke up. And ever since that day . . . . he hasn't been the same. He had been thinking about Hana constantly. . . . And every night, he had been waiting patiently in Multiply and YM. He was waiting for her to log on.

But a month also passed . . . . and she hasn't logged on. He was already very worried. He was wondering what happened to her. How he wanted to talk to her . . . . He was constantly missing her.

“Max . . . . “ Jaejoong softly said as he gently tapped Max's shoulder. He had seen Max staring blankly at the computer monitor as he was obviously thinking of something . . . . or someone. And he already had an idea who Max was thinking of as soon as he saw Hana's homepage at Multiply.

“Max . . . . let it go. She already set you free. So don't expect everything will be the same just like it was before,” Jaejoong said with concern.

“Hyung . . . . why do I feel . . . .I feel so empty right now. Before I thought I wanted to be with Yun Hee. But now . . . . now that I am with her. All I can think about is Hana. Somehow I feel so lost and lonely without Hana,” Max said with loneliness in his eyes.

Jaejoong slowly shook his head. He pitied Max. “It only means one thing . . . . you made the wrong decision. Yun Hee wasn't the one you really loved. That's what we have been trying to tell you Max. There is a big difference between wanting and loving. You can always want something or someone, but it doesn't necessarily mean you love it or her. It's like . . . . a craving. When you see something new . . . you instantly want to have it. But once you have it . . . . you immediately lose interest. I think . . . .we all think that you were just attracted to Yun Hee because she's someone new and exciting. But the one you're really in love with is Hana,” Jaejoong softly said.

“Hyung . . . . what should I do now?” Max uttered as he cupped his face with both of his hands. He was very confused. How he wished he could turn back time and just go back to the time he was with Hana.

Jaejoong looked at Max. He wished he could help him. But he knew everything wasn't simple anymore. Max had hurt Hana badly. And going back to her was already impossible.

“Max . . . . I'm sorry . . . . But I can't help you anymore. You should try and decide on your own now. But all I can say is . . . . use your heart. Because your heart will surely lead you to the right path,” Jaejoong answered. Then he quietly left the room. He wanted Max to have some time on his own. So he could think . . . .about who he really loved.

Max silently stared at the monitor again.

“Hana . . . .I'm sorry,” he softly uttered.

The next day . . . .

Almost all the girls in Hana's class were all busy watching the latest performance of Max with Yun Hee on a laptop that one of the girls had brought.

“Oh! Look at Max . . . He looks so hot. How I wished I could have a boyfriend like him,” one of the girls exclaimed.

“Like him? No . . . . I want him . . . .” another girl said as she laughed out loud.

“How wonderful it must be to have Max Changmin as a boyfriend. Imagine . . . . a superstar as your boyfriend . . . . must be very exciting,” one of the girls said.

“I'll do anything just to be his girlfriend,” another girl said.

Hana just looked at he classmates as they all day dreamed about Max. How her heart ached as she saw Max singing and standing so close to Yun Hee while they were singing. She couldn't stopped herself. She still loved Max.

It has been a month since she walked out of his life. She has also stopped logging on Multiply and in YM. She was too afraid of what she would actually feel once she saw that Max was online. She was afraid . . . that she would actually start chatting with him again once she saw online.

Hana missed Max so much that she even dreamed of him quite often. She had also been wandering constantly if Max was also missing him. But she knew she was also day dreaming. Max already had Yun Hee . . . .and she was only a part of his past now. She no longer belonged in his life.

Slowly tears started to fall from her eyes. She didn't notice that Jong Soo was quietly watching her. He had been watching her from afar for the past month. He knew that she had a problem. He could tell . . . . just by looking at her.

Jong Soo was very concerned with her. He had noticed the sudden change in Hana.

For the past month, he had noticed that Hana was always absent-minded. And he always caught her staring blankly at things. How he wanted to talk to her and ask her what was wrong. But he always refrained himself from doing so.

Ever since the last time he and Hana had an argument and he had physically hurt her badly, he had promised to himself that he would just leave her alone. He knew he was a violent person once he was emotional. And he didn't want to hurt Hana anymore. So he had decided it was better if he just stayed away from her.

“Hana . . . .” Ji-Young uttered. “You're crying again?”

“No . . . .” Hana replied as she quickly wiped away her tears.

“You're thinking about him again? Just let it go . . . .He's obviously forgotten you . . . . Have you seen his face? He's happy with Yun Hee right now,” Ji-Young said as she gently Hana's hair.

“I'm okay . . . . So don't worry,” Hana said to Ji-Young.

“Okay? Are you kidding? Have you seen your face lately? Frankly you look like a ghost now . . . . You're very pale . . . and you look like you're sick or something. I told you you're lacking in proper sleep and rest . . . .” Ji-Young commented.

Hana looked at her friend. Ji-Young still didn't know about her condition. She didn't want to tell her she was pregnant because she knew once Ji-Young found out, she would certainly make a big argument over it.

Hana was still very confused on what to do. She knew in a month or so, she no longer would be able to hide the fact that she was pregnant. Her belly was already growing . . . . but she just kept on hiding it with the clothes she was wearing.

Hana looked at Ji-Young again. She knew her friend would be very angry with her once she knew she had kept a secret from her.

“What are you thinking about?” Ji-Young asked Hana.

“Nothing . . . .” Hana replied and then she tried to smile.

Ji-Young looked at Hana. She was very worried with her friend. She knew she was keeping something from her. But she didn't want to force her. She wanted Hana to tell her what was bothering her when she was finally ready to talk about it.

Several minutes later . . . . Hana's professor finally arrived. All the students went back to their proper seats and everyone suddenly became quiet.

“Hana . . . . can you please come here for a minute. I have a question regarding what you answered on the exam yesterday . . . .” the professor said.

Hana immediately stood up and was about to take a step . . . . when she started feeling like her whole world was swaying. She was feeling very dizzy . . . . She then looked at her professor. She could tell he was saying something but she couldn't understand. Her world was spinning . . . . and within seconds . . . . she totally passed out.