Chapter 30

Online Now
Hana slowly opened her eyes . . . . there was a very blinding light in front of her. She was very drawn to it. She wanted to get closer . . . . but as she was about to take a step forward . . . .she suddenly realized something was holding her back . . . . She looked at the small hand that was holding her hand.

The little girl's face was very beautiful. When she gazed up at her, she suddenly felt a chill. The little girl smiled at her. Then she pointed to the opposite direction away from the light.

Hana looked at the direction that the little girl was pointing to. It was a dark and long tunnel. Hana somehow didn't want to go back. She wanted to go straight into the light. But the little girl wouldn't let go of her hand. She was constantly shaking her head as if saying no.

Hana stared at the tunnel. As she was looking . . . . she somehow noticed that someone was at the end of the tunnel. The figure was somehow familiar . . . but she couldn't figure out who it was. She then stared at the child holding her hand.

The little girl was about 5 years old, with long black hair and a very beautiful face. Her facial features somehow reminded him of someone . . . but she couldn't remember who it was.

The little girl smiled again . . . . Then she slowly started to pull Hana away from the light. Hana wanted to stop the little girl. But there was something about the child that keeps her from saying no to her. Somehow she felt a very familiar feeling towards her. She wanted the close feeling she was making her feel as she held her hand. There was a very warm feeling emanating from her hand.

“Who are you? Why are you stopping me?” Hana asked the little girl.

The little girl smiled again. Somehow Hana's heart just kept on pounding whenever she smiled. She just pointed to the direction of the tunnel. Hana suddenly became afraid. She didn't want to go back to the tunnel.

The little girl sensed her hesitation.

“Please come back with me . . . . I want to live . . . . I can't live without you . . . He can't live without you . . . .” the little girl finally said.

Hana looked at the little girl . . . . she was very confused.

“Who . . . . can't live without me?” Hana asked.

The little girl pointed to the tunnel again.

“He is . . . . the man waiting for you at the end of the tunnel,” the child replied.

Hana stared at the tunnel . . . . there really was someone waiting at the end of it.

“Who?” Hana asked again.

“He's already suffered so much . . . . Please don't make him suffer anymore. I can't bear to see him cry anymore. It is breaking my heart,” the little girl said.

Hana saw the child's expression and pitied her.

“I . . . . I don't want to go back! I am afraid . . . .” Hana said.

“You don't have to be afraid. I will be with you until the very end,” the child said again.

“Who are you?” Hana asked the little girl. She still couldn't figure out who she was.

“I don't have a name yet . . . I can only have a name, once you head back into the tunnel and continue with your life,” the child replied.

Hana's mind was spinning. She couldn't understand what the child was telling her.

“I don't want to go back . . . . “ Hana said again.

The little girl started to cry. Hana knelt down infront of the little girl and started to wipe away her tears.

“Why are you crying? Please don't cry . . . .” Hana said. She didn't know why but seeing the little girl cry was breaking her heart.

The little girl looked at Hana with tears in her eyes. “I want to live . . . . Can you please give me a chance to live? I want to be able to experience how to love and be loved . . . . Please I want to experience life with you.”

Hana stared straight into the child's eyes. At that instant . . . . she saw Max . . . . She was seeing Max in the child's eyes.

All of a sudden memories started flashing in her mind. . . . Then she remembered the night she gave herself to Max.

“How could I forget Max?” she asked herself.

Hana then looked at the little girl closely. Now she understood everything. She gently caressed the little girl's face. She then lovingly kissed the little girl's cheeks.

One by one . . . . Hana's tears started to fall.

“I'm sorry . . . . I never meant to forget you . . . . Now I know who you are . . . . Don't cry . . . . I'm going back now. Don't let go okay . . . . Let's go back . . . together. . . “ Hana said to the little girl.

The child suddenly smiled and reached out for Hana's hand again . . . . This time Hana gave her hand to the child without any hesitation. And slowly they started to turn their backs on the glowing light.

Hand in hand . . . they both walked back into the long and dark tunnel. Hana wasn't afraid anymore . . . She wasn't alone . . . . Her baby was beside her. They walked . . . . . until finally . . . they reached the end of the tunnel.

And at the end of the tunnel . . . . a familiar face greeted them . . . . It was Max.

Hana slowly opened her eyes. Then she started to look around.

“It was just a dream . . . .” she told herself.

Nervously she started to feel her abdomen. Somehow she could tell her baby was still safe. She sighed with relief.

Then her attention focused on the side of her bed. Someone was sleeping with his head bent down on the bed. Hana could easily tell who it was. It was the same familiar figure that waited for her at the end of the tunnel.

She then noticed that Max was holding her hand as she slept. Hana smiled. Gently . . . she touched Max's head.

As soon as her hand touched Max's head. He immediately woke up.

“Hana . . . . you're awake!” Max uttered with joy written all over his face.

Hana continued to just stare at Max. She couldn't believe he was really beside her . . . . with concern and love in his eyes. Hana wanted to cry . . . . She had missed him so much.

Max saw Hana's reaction as she saw him. He immediately embraced her. He wanted to make her feel how much he had missed her . . . . and how much he still loved her.

“Hana . . . . I thought I had really lost you. I'm sorry . . . . I'm sorry for all the wrong things that I've done. Please forgive me. . . . Please give me one more chance to make it up to you. I don't think I can ever live without you . . . . I promise . . . . I will never leave you again,” Max said as he embraced Hana tighter. He was so scared that Hana was going to push him away. He wanted to hold her in his arms forever.

“Max . . . .” Hana was finally able to utter. “What about Yun Hee?”

“I've already broken up with her . . . after I realized it was you . . . . who I truly loved.”

“Max. . . .”

Max stared at Hana's eyes. “I'm sorry . . . . Do you think you can ever learn to forgive this very stupid guy in front of you?”

Hana smiled. “Yes . . . you're very stupid . . . but I still love you anyway . . .”

As soon as Max heard Hana say that she still loved him. His heart started rejoicing. He couldn't explain the joy he was feeling. He wanted to shout . . . to scream . . . He wanted to show everyone how happy he was.

Max embraced Hana again.

“Thank you . . . . Thank you . . . . for giving me another chance,” Max said happily.

Hana also couldn't explain the happiness she was feeling at that moment.

“Is this another dream? Is Max really beside me now . . . holding me? If this is only a dream . . . .Then I never want to wake up . . . .” Hana thought to herself as she returned Max's embrace.

“Hana . . . .I'm sorry . . . .” Max started to say again.

“Please stop Max. How many times do you have to say you're sorry? Once is enough for me. I don't care about what happened in the past . . . . and the things you have done. . . . What I care about is now . . . . Please . . . . just tell me you still love me . . . . and I know everything will be all right.”

Max could feel the love emanating from Hana's heart and soul. He knew he was very lucky to have found someone like her. At that moment . . . . he promised himself no matter what happens . . . . he will never ever let her go.

Max stared at Hana . . . their eyes met . . . .They both could see through each other's souls. They both knew they were meant to be together. And they knew how much they loved each other.

“Hana . . . .I love you . . . . I love you with all my heart.”

Max slowly covered Hana's lips with his tender kiss. They both have longed for each other. Their kiss was full of love and passion that they both had set aside for a very long time.

The time had finally come for them to finally be true to themselves and try to find the love that they both had lost.

“I love you . . . . Max . . . .” Hana uttered as Max held her in his arms again.

Max smiled. “I love you too . . . . you and our baby . . . “