Chapter 22

Online Now
“Hana . . . .” a voice called out.

Hana looked around she had just got off from work, when she saw a familiar figure waiting for her again on the side of the store.

Hana smiled. “Max . . . . what are you doing here?”

“Waiting for you . . . .” he replied.

“You should have just gone to bed . . . .” Hana said with a sweet smile.

Max looked at Hana. Somehow he couldn't bear to break her heart. She was too precious to be treated in such a heartless way. But he knew he had to do it. She would get hurt more if he prolonged what was definitely inevitable.

Max smiled. “I . . . I needed to talk with you . . . that's why I came.”

“I see . . . .what about?” Couldn't we just talk about it on the computer or on the phone perhaps?” Hana asked.

Max shook his head. “No! I need to talk with you personally. It is something very important.”

“Come on . . . . we can talk on the way home or at home . . . . you choose,” Hana said cheerfully.

Hana had already sensed that something was wrong. It has been more than a month since Max and Yun Hee started to work together. And ever since then, Max had spent less time with her. There were times during her days off that she would just find Xiah, Micky, U-Know and Jaejoong were the only ones waiting for her. Max always went out to go to practice with Yun Hee. She knew it was work and she understood Max's side. But somehow her heart was telling her something else . . . . something she didn't want to know. She was already seeing the truth but she just kept on denying it. She was too afraid to know what was really going on. She just pretended to be blind about everything . . . . She was too afraid that her heart wouldn;t be able to handle it. She loved him too much . . . . and she didn't want to let him go . . . . especially not now . . . she was carrying their child.

On the way to Hana's house . . . .Max stayed silent. He was still trying to figure out how to tell Hana.

“We're here . . . . Max. Let's talk inside,” Hana said.

Max quietly followed Hana into the house.

“We can talk here . . . .” Hana said as she gently sat down.

Max sat down infront of Hana.

“I have to do this . . . . for everyone sake,” Max told himself.

“So what is it that is so important that you have to talk to me personally?” Hana asked with a fake smile.

“I . . . . I . . . .” Max uttered. Somehow he couldn't find the right words to say.

“Max . . . .”

“I'm sorry . . . “ he softly said.

“Sorry for what?” Hana asked.

“Sorry . . . . I'm sorry . . . .Hana . . . . But I think I may have already falen in love with Yun Hee,” Max was finally able to say.

Hana couldn't believe what she was hearing. She flet like it was the end of the world for her. How could she tell him now about the child . . . .their child, she suddenly thought. She tried to hold back her tears.

“Fallen in love? Are you sure you're already in love with her? There is a big difference between wanting and loving . . . Max . . . “ Hana said as she tried to control herself.

“I'm sorry . . . .But these passed few days . . . . we have already grown close . . .And we can see and feel that we both have special feelings for each other,” Max replied.

Hana's tears started to form. “I see . . . so the reason why you're breaking up with me is because you want to be with her . . . I understand.”

“Hana . . . .I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you . . . But it just happened . . . .” Max said. He already saw the tears starting to form in Hana's eyes.

Hana shook her head. “It's okay . . . . I'm fine.” Slowly the tears started to fall one by one.

“Hana . . . .” Max uttered. His heart was slowly breaking as he saw her tears falling. How he wished he could take back everything that he had said. He couldn't bear to see her so hurt.

Hana looked at Max. She couldn't bear not to see him . She didn't know if she can live without him. But she knew she had to let him go. She couldn't force him into a relationship he no longer wanted. Now she knew the truth . . . and where she should stand.

Hana smiled. “Thank you . . . Max. Thank you for being honest with me. Thank you for telling me the truth . . . . Thank you for keeping you promise.”

“Promise?” Max asked. He couldn't remember any promise that he made.

“Remember . . . .I made you promise me that if you ever fell in love with someone else . . . you would tell me . . . Now . . .you have kept that promise . . . so I am thanking you . . . “ Hana said as tears continued to flow from her eyes.

Max couldn't help but cry as well. Seeing Hana cry was breaking his heart into pieces.

“Sorry . . . Hana . . . . Sorry ,” Max uttered.

Hana suddenly embraced Max. This was going to be the last time she could hold him in her arms.

“I love you . . . . Max . . . And I am willing to let you go . . . . But please . . . .give me more time to accept this,” Hana said as she cried uncontrollably.

Max felt like his heart was going to explode. He suddenly felt like he wanted to hold Hana forever in his arms. He still loved her. But then he suddenly thought about Yun Hee. How he wished he didn't have to choose. How he wished he could just divide his heart into two. He didn't want to hurt Hana . . . but he wanted the chance to love Yun Hee.

Max felt like he wanted to die right at that moment. He couldn't bear seeing Hana cry. But everything has been finished . . . . and no matter what he did . . . . he can never undone it. He has already hurt Hana more than anyone can ever do.